Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW


Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, bree2 said:

give me a break!!! Boeser is doing fine, stop looking  for the bad about him.  he is third on the team in points.   Miller has been great , but even he misses passes and he is not perfect.  

I'll let you in on a secret, ask yourself one question.  If Boeser wasn't benefiting from Miller being on the team, how many points do you think he would have?  He's a been floating quite a bit.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a Boeser supporter.  I'm just seeing it how it is.

  • Wat 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iBlueGreen said:

I'll let you in on a secret, ask yourself one question.  If Boeser wasn't benefiting from Miller being on the team, how many points do you think he would have?  He's a been floating quite a bit.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a Boeser supporter.  I'm just seeing it how it is.

Miller has 3 more points than Boeser, Miller has  13 goals  and Boeser has 11,  so ask yourself this, maybe Miller is benefiting playing with  Boeser and Petey. sure doesn't sound like you are a Boeser supporter by what you are posting

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iBlueGreen said:

I'll let you in on a secret, ask yourself one question.  If Boeser wasn't benefiting from Miller being on the team, how many points do you think he would have?  He's a been floating quite a bit.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a Boeser supporter.  I'm just seeing it how it is.

I mean yeah...

 

...you really type stuff like a Boeser supporter!

 

:picard:

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bree2 said:

Miller has 3 more points than Boeser, Miller has  13 goals  and Boeser has 11,  so ask yourself this, maybe Miller is benefiting playing with  Boeser and Petey. sure doesn't sound like you are a Boeser supporter by what you are posting

Let's look at it this way, let's look at the guy getting the most criticism on the board, Jake, if you look at his stats takeaways vs giveaways, he's way in the positive with more takeaways, look at Boeser's, he's in the negative, meaning alot more plays dies when he has the puck compared to Jake.  Even Jake has more goals then him 5 v 5, and Jake doesn't get on the ice for PP.  Being even on this number is a good measure (takeaways vs giveaways).  I feel this stat shows how determined you are to get something back when you lose it.  I've played, so this stat is pretty important to me and it shows how driven you are to be better than the competition. Even Miller is even on this.  Boeser right now fails the eye test for me, I just don't look at the points, sorry, you can check the stats for yourself on this site: https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerreport.php?fromseason=20192020&thruseason=20192020&stype=2&sit=5v5&stdoi=oi&rate=n&v=p&playerid=8476468

I love the Canucks and I hope Boeser pick it up.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 3:11 AM, Dats hockey said:

Don’t you think people need to understand the respect Brock gets for his shot and draws defenders in to open up space for Miller, it’s not a mystery why Miller is having a career year.

Hint Attention to EP and BB does what for miller 

 

On 12/8/2019 at 11:41 PM, bree2 said:

give me a break!!! Boeser is doing fine, stop looking  for the bad about him.  he is third on the team in points.   Miller has been great , but even he misses passes and he is not perfect.  

Miller has consistently been the main play driver on that line all season, no need to put him down to push an agenda.

 

Many of the points are valid in this thread, BB has cruised often during most games this season. There is a big difference in driving a play and just complementing it. He is trying but his play overall has taken a step back from past seasons.

 

However, once Green demoted Brock to the third line tonight, I saw the old version of him come back to life. He was moving fast, fully engaged and winning puck battles, resulting in the play leading to the OT goal. Maybe he is stuck too often looking for Petey and Miller when playing with them instead of just playing his game.

 

Everyone has the same hope, for Boeser to become a solid top line player, and I'm sure he'll get there. As AJ said, that doesn't mean criticism of him is unfair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

 

Miller has consistently been the main play driver on that line all season, no need to put him down to push an agenda.

 

Many of the points are valid in this thread, BB has cruised often during most games this season. There is a big difference in driving a play and just complementing it. He is trying but his play overall has taken a step back from past seasons.

 

However, once Green demoted Brock to the third line tonight, I saw the old version of him come back to life. He was moving fast, fully engaged and winning puck battles, resulting in the play leading to the OT goal. Maybe he is stuck too often looking for Petey and Miller when playing with them instead of just playing his game.

 

Everyone has the same hope, for Boeser to become a solid top line player, and I'm sure he'll get there. As AJ said, that doesn't mean criticism of him is unfair.

Green will use Boeser for a few minutes on other lines to try and get the lines going he stayed there all of maybe a shift ,or it could have been a change over same as he uses, Miller, and I never put Miller down!!!,  Boeser set up Petey  for the winning goal and it was beautiful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darius said:

I think people sometimes forget how old BB is.  He still has room to improve.  He is one of the 2 or 3 players the opposing teams best checkers and best d men zero in on game after game, the kid needs to get better at facing this attention, and I think he will.   BB is one of the primary weapons this team depends on for offence, there is a pressure that comes with this expectation that bottom 6  players do not have to deal with to the same extent. 

 

A lot of this was done before EP, and even if you think hes riding EP's coat tails do you really think anyone (JV for example) can put up these numbers?

I agree 100% that he'll improve into the top line player we know he can be. However, i don't think that means we cannot analyze his current play and noticing which areas need improve for him to get there.

 

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

Green will use Boeser for a few minutes on other lines to try and get the lines going he stayed there all of maybe a shift ,or it could have been a change over same as he uses, Miller, and I never put Miller down!!!,  Boeser set up Petey  for the winning goal and it was beautiful.

First of all that isn't true at all, as far as I remember that has never happened this season, Boeser has been on Petey's line 95% of the time, except for a small period on Bo's wing. Him and Virtanen were swapped and he was there most of the third, as well as switched onto Horvat's pair in OT. Petey came out after Bo switched. Boeser did a great job protecting the puck and getting it into the middle for Petey near the end of his shift. Yes, that goal was a beauty!:towel:

 

The third period switch definitely must have lit a fire into him because he was playing better than I've seen him play in a long time.

 

I'm hoping this is the turning point of BB taking the next step.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

I agree 100% that he'll improve into the top line player we know he can be. However, i don't think that means we cannot analyze his current play and noticing which areas need improve for him to get there.

 

There is no problem with pointing out deficiencies etc.....what gets me is comments that dont take into account the big picture.  In a few gdt's ive seen comments that range anywhere from "trade him now" to how disappointing he has been. True head scratching comments that dont consider what he has done so far in his career and how that compares to every Canuck drafted player in the past 50 years ....and.....even if we assume that his point totals are completely propped up by Miller and EP (which they are not) you cant just take any winger, pop him onto EP's wing, and get a .9 ppg pace.  There seems to be a lack of patience and context with many comments I see....

 

I am counting on EP and Brock to improve, this team's success will depend on that improvement.  You can see deficient elements in their game that were shared by players like the Sedins, Naslund, Kesler etc at the same age....they took steps forward and so will Brock and EP.  They have the skill and the "hockey IQ" to almost guarantee improvement.

 

 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Darius said:

There is no problem with pointing out deficiencies etc.....what gets me is comments that dont take into account the big picture.  In a few gdt's ive seen comments that range anywhere from "trade him now" to how disappointing he has been. True head scratching comments that dont consider what he has done so far in his career and how that compares to every Canuck drafted player in the past 50 years ....and.....even if we assume that his point totals are completely propped up by Miller and EP (which they are not) you cant just take any winger, pop him onto EP's wing, and get a .9 ppg pace.  There seems to be a lack of patience and context with many comments I see....

 

I am counting on EP and Brock to improve, this team's success will depend on that improvement.  You can see deficient elements in their game that were shared by players like the Sedins, Naslund, Kesler etc at the same age....they took steps forward and so will Brock and EP.  They have the skill and the "hockey IQ" to almost guarantee improvement.

 

 

For sure, the pieces are there now, it's time that is our barrier. Once the core matures, we'll be a good team for a long time!

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Brock is on pace to score around 30 goals.  What is wrong with that?  He is 23 years old, not 20 like Pete.  I don't think they are comparable players.  EP is a whole other level of player than Brock.

Also, Brock has had a draining last 6 months with his fathers health.  That takes a toll and it isn't surprising if he isn't quite where you want him to be right now.  Brock is a character guy and will come out the other side stronger for it.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

I agree 100% that he'll improve into the top line player we know he can be. However, i don't think that means we cannot analyze his current play and noticing which areas need improve for him to get there.

 

First of all that isn't true at all, as far as I remember that has never happened this season, Boeser has been on Petey's line 95% of the time, except for a small period on Bo's wing. Him and Virtanen were swapped and he was there most of the third, as well as switched onto Horvat's pair in OT. Petey came out after Bo switched. Boeser did a great job protecting the puck and getting it into the middle for Petey near the end of his shift. Yes, that goal was a beauty!:towel:

 

The third period switch definitely must have lit a fire into him because he was playing better than I've seen him play in a long time.

 

I'm hoping this is the turning point of BB taking the next step.

Yeah but Boeser made an obvious trip on the opposing player too. Ref gave us that one tbh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Brock is on pace to score around 30 goals.  What is wrong with that?  He is 23 years old, not 20 like Pete.  I don't think they are comparable players.  EP is a whole other level of player than Brock.

Also, Brock has had a draining last 6 months with his fathers health.  That takes a toll and it isn't surprising if he isn't quite where you want him to be right now.  Brock is a character guy and will come out the other side stronger for it.

Boeser is 22.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...