The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Green has guys playing where he feels the lines are more balanced, and each (in the top three) has at least one guy who can drive play.  Bess drives play.  Petey drives play.  Bo drives play.  The Pens won two Cups with Kessel driving their third line.  Clearly Kessel could have played with Malkin or Crosby, but three potential scoring lines is better than two. 

I get the theory, just so far I think that 3rd line is too hemmed in to drive play. What I'm hoping for his we see them either have a big breakout night where it comes together or the experiment ends before we break Brock. 

2 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i don’t remember his name but i remember the canucks bringing in a goal scorer to play on a line with sedins. i remember he would always set up and wait for them to get the puck to him. this might be different, but the sedins asked for him to be taken off their line. they wanted to play their game and needed a burrows type linemate. i see boes as someone that needs to get passed to, in his favourite spot to be a goal scorer. i think green wants him to be a complete player that can be successful in other situations. i could be wrong.

I agree Green is looking for a more complete 200ft player but Boeser's offence is more than a score from his favorite spot type of guy. He can score from anywhere with that dangerous shot/release. I don't recall the Sedins complaining at all when Boes was on there wing in his rookie season. He was sniping goals from everywhere as the Sedins would find him in open space all the time.

I think the biggest difference maker for BB6's aside from play away from the puck would be to work on his speed a bit. He needs to get with whoever got Bo to that next level. I think if he carried had more speed it would not only help him on the defensive side but with finding that space he needs to get his shot off.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I get the theory, just so far I think that 3rd line is too hemmed in to drive play. What I'm hoping for his we see them either have a big breakout night where it comes together or the experiment ends before we break Brock. 

Maybe Brock is happy, because his team is winning?  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i don’t remember his name but i remember the canucks bringing in a goal scorer to play on a line with sedins. i remember he would always set up and wait for them to get the puck to him. this might be different, but the sedins asked for him to be taken off their line. they wanted to play their game and needed a burrows type linemate. i see boes as someone that needs to get passed to, in his favourite spot to be a goal scorer. i think green wants him to be a complete player that can be successful in other situations. i could be wrong.

that wold be fine except Gaudette and Rousel don't seem to pass to him and that is the problem

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bree2 said:

nope not with Gaudette and Rousell just passing to each other.  put  Sutter on that line and maybe it would work

Sutter isn’t a play driver.  Bess is an excellent passer.  He has elite offensive IQ too, so sees the game really well.  Gaud and Rooster work their guts out, but don’t have great hands or offensive instincts.  It’s Bess’s job to drive that line offensively.  

I remember Scottie Bowman playing Federov on Defense for some time to help him with his 200 ft. game.  This is a good thing for Brock and if playing on the third line breaks him, he shouldn't be in the NHL.  I don't think Brock is that fragile as he has had to deal with  a lot of tough stuff and is much more mature than that.  I do agree he needs to work on his skating.  Sometimes he does look slow out there.

• Wat 1

17 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

I’ve seen many goal scorer disappear in the playoffs but have a solid d core setup with Hughes and Parayko sounds nasty but it would still be a hard choice but all in all they’re 2 great players. 

On another note you actually think brock best year are already happening? I’m sure he will progress and become a better goal scorer. Not many players peak like Selanne in his first year

Yeah, again, I'm in no hurry to move Boeser out either but a legit top pairing D in exchange is nothing to sneeze at either. And STL isn't far from Minnesota...and STL might need to clear cap to re-sign Pet... just saying.

Heck COL's not far from Minny either... Boeser for Byram +....I'd sure think about it anyway :lol:

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, again, I'm in no hurry to move Boeser out either but a legit top pairing D in exchange is nothing to sneeze at either. And STL isn't far from Minnesota...and STL might need to clear cap to re-sign Pet... just saying.

Heck COL's not far from Minny either... Boeser for Byram +....I'd sure think about it anyway :lol:

Burnaby Joe wouldn't help us even if it helped him. 

Man that would be such a divisive trade. TSN 1040 might need to hire new staff. 

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Burnaby Joe wouldn't help us even if it helped him. 

Man that would be such a divisive trade. TSN 1040 might need to hire new staff. 

In theory, Boeser would be a pretty sizable upgrade to their top 6 W over say Nichushkin. They have the cap space and presumably are pushing for a solid playoff run (which Boeser would help with a lot more than Byram will playing on the Giants) ...just saying.

On our end, it would certainly go a long way to alleviating any cap concerns we have over the next couple years with Byram on an ELC vs Boeser's near $6m, makes room for returning Ferland/Leivo this year (both of whom are probably a better fit on the third line). We also add a likely future 1st pair D to play with Hughes, who's from BC and playing on the local Junior team (and I'd imagine a pick or other asset given Boeser's current value presently outweighs his).

Future D:

Byram, Hughes

Juolevi, Woo

Rathbone, Tryamkin

Brisebois, Chatfield

Maybe Rafferty in there for someone assuming he translates.

Edited by aGENT

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

In theory, Boeser would be a pretty sizable upgrade to their top 6 W over say Nichushkin. They have the cap space and presumably are pushing for a solid playoff run (which Boeser would help with a lot more than Byram will playing on the Giants) ...just saying.

On our end, it would certainly go a long way to alleviating any cap concerns we have over the next couple years with Byram on an ELC vs Boeser's near $6m, makes room for returning Ferland/Leivo this year (both of whom are probably a better fit on the third line). We also add a likely future 1st pair D to play with Hughes, who's from BC and playing on the local Junior team (and I'd imagine a pick or other asset given Boeser's current value presently outweighs his).

Future D:

Byram, Hughes

Juolevi, Woo

Rathbone, Tryamkin

Brisebois, Chatfield

Maybe Rafferty in there for someone assuming he translates.

COL does have the d depth as well. But still, I think i'd have to avoid any Canucks media for a goodly stretch if something like that happened. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

COL does have the d depth as well. But still, I think i'd have to avoid any Canucks media for a goodly stretch if something like that happened. 

So basically like after any trade/move made by the Canucks? :lol:

tenor.gif?itemid=10820080

• Haha 1

Just now, dpn1 said:

Byram would take a BB to get.  You can't get quality with out giving something of value back.  I don't want to trade BB but it would take something big to get Byram.

still wouldn't trade Boeser, he is part of our team, I know lets trade Jake! kind of dumb hey,just like trading Boeser who is a big part of our team going forward

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

still wouldn't trade Boeser, he is part of our team, I know lets trade Jake! kind of dumb hey,just like trading Boeser who is a big part of our team going forward

I agree with you but if you wanted to get a Byram you would have to give up a guy like Brock or you draft them.:)

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I’m with you on not trading Brock, but if Miro heskanen was dangled in front of us.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Boeser has likely been distracted by his Dad's situation all season, so he's slumping, but is still finding ways to contribute.

Green is smart and will do everything he can to get him going.

Once that third line clicks, we will be a tough team to stop in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Boeser has likely been distracted by his Dad's situation all season, so he's slumping, but is still finding ways to contribute.

Green is smart and will do everything he can to get him going.

Once that third line clicks, we will be a tough team to stop in the playoffs.

problem was he wasn't slumping, this season he has been 2nd and 3rd in points on the team until Green moved him

• Upvote 3