The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Just now, bree2 said:

I wouldn't say better,  Boeser played very well with Petey and Miller,  that line was first in the nhl at one time this season, 

True but I also remember many times when they couldn't get anything going.

They will be reunited again at some point though.

56 minutes ago, Tystick said:

True but I also remember many times when they couldn't get anything going.

They will be reunited again at some point though.

sure that is true, but do you blame Boeser for that? same happened to Bo's line for the first part of the season, ,  it wasn't just Bo's fault.  The thing is there were nights where Miller just wasn't that great, and nights where Petey could not even get a shot on goal. 

First off, Jake Virtanen's recent success needs to be tested over time, and not just a couple of weeks or even a month. Once that is done, then lets talk about whether it is a good move to trade away, a 1st line player. 

Secondly, if we are trading away a Brock Boeser , we need a player, that will be impactful. I am not against Byram, or a pick that would allow you to pick a #1 type RHD, but that is admitting that our window is not now, so ultimately, it has to be a developed player, who can impact immediately, if you want to compete now.

I would also suggest that wingers are not as valuable as Centers or Defenceman, so this needs to be taken into consideration, when moving Boeser.

To be honest, it has occurred to me, that Boeser could be expendable, and he could bring in a young offensive RHD, but I think we have to travel that path later along in our journey to the Stanley cup. There are options for sure.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I remember Scottie Bowman playing Federov on Defense for some time to help him with his 200 ft. game.  This is a good thing for Brock and if playing on the third line breaks him, he shouldn't be in the NHL.  I don't think Brock is that fragile as he has had to deal with  a lot of tough stuff and is much more mature than that.  I do agree he needs to work on his skating.  Sometimes he does look slow out there.

It wasn't to teach  him anything... it was just Fedorov was that good and talented. He did the same with Gainey back with the Habs. At the time Bowman said he was the best player in the world and he was going to try him in goal next lol.

• Cheers 1

@aGENT if you remember during/after the draft there was a rumour that came out that said Chicago would send us the 3rd overall pick and Seabrook (785,000 retained) for the 10th overall pick, which would have landed us Byram. I would have made that deal then and it looks like it would have been a good move now. 

The Canucks would add another elite defensive prospect which we desperately need. Having both him and Hughes on the same defense core would have been unreal, just like how Byram + Makar is going to be unreal.

The trade wouldn't have had a significant impact on our current roster either. Seabrook would have been a 6 million dollar 3rd pairing defenseman, which is exactly what we have right now. Basically, we're in the same spot as we are currently, but with Byram. 

That was our chance to land him if we really wanted him.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

@aGENT if you remember during/after the draft there was a rumour that came out that said Chicago would send us the 3rd overall pick and Seabrook (785,000 retained) for the 10th overall pick, which would have landed us Byram. I would have made that deal then and it looks like it would have been a good move now. 

The Canucks would add another elite defensive prospect which we desperately need. Having both him and Hughes on the same defense core would have been unreal, just like how Byram + Makar is going to be unreal.

The trade wouldn't have had a significant impact on our current roster either. Seabrook would have been a 6 million dollar 3rd pairing defenseman, which is exactly what we have right now. Basically, we're in the same spot as we are currently, but with Byram

I wouldn't say that's exactly what we have right now. Tyler Myers has actually averaged more even strength ice time per game than any other player on the Canucks so far this season.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

The trade wouldn't have had a significant impact on our current roster either. Seabrook would have been a 6 million dollar 3rd pairing defenseman, which is exactly what we have right now. Basically, we're in the same spot as we are currently, but with Byram. 

It was a rumour. Nothing to do with reality. 

The bolded is especially funny considering you base that sentence off of fiction.  :lol:

ru·mor
/ˈro͞omər/
noun
noun: rumour
  1. a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I would certainly not think about trading Brock any time soon. Sure he's playing on our 3rd line, but he's still playing 17ish minutes a night, is a big part of our PP and is still hovering around a 70 point pace. Not bad for a slump year.

If we make the playoffs I'd watch Brock because he's lethal and playing him on our 3rd line against 3rd defensive pairings is a matchup dream. When the top two lines are checking each other to death, it's the 3rd and 4th lines who always come through in long playoff series, especially in the final two rounds, that makes the difference and if we've got a 30 goal scorer going up against a tired 3rd defensive pairing we'll win loads of matchups, especially with home ice.

On 1/30/2020 at 1:18 PM, boziffous said:

I wouldn't say that's exactly what we have right now. Tyler Myers has actually averaged more even strength ice time per game than any other player on the Canucks so far this season.

It would mean that Jordie Benn would not have been signed.  Nothing against Jordie... just stating the dominoes.  

20 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

It would mean that Jordie Benn would not have been signed.  Nothing against Jordie... just stating the dominoes.  

Canucks are up against the cap as it is. Having Seabrook on our roster at about 6 million would mean that we could not have signed Myers. If the Canucks had Seabrook and Myers (minus Jordie) on our team they would be about $4 million over the cap.

Edited by boziffous

On 1/31/2020 at 2:45 PM, boziffous said:

Canucks are up against the cap as it is. Having Seabrook on our roster at about 6 million would mean that we could not have signed Myers. If the Canucks had Seabrook and Myers (minus Jordie) on our team they would be about $4 million over the cap.

CAP limits but also Seabrook is a regular scratch in Chicago.  

Since Brock is a bit off his game... most likely due to family situation, it probably would be better for him to just take a leave of absence for a week or two.  

While points are always important, the Canucks are in a good enough position to miss BB for a few games.  

Hockey is important, but like any job... no one goes through life wishing they spent more time at work.

• Wat 2

As many of you noticed he had all the room in the world in the slot instead he passed it off and turned it over against Minny last night.  Sit him down and show him every goal he has scored in the NHL and hopefully that'll inspire him to shoot again.    

• Like 2

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-brock-boeser-miss-least-two-games-due-injury/

Vancouver Canucks forward Brock Boeser will miss at least the next two games due to injury, coach Travis Green said Sunday. Boeser will then be re-evaluated.

Boeser left Saturday’s game after colliding with Flames forward Andrew Mangiapane in the neutral zone early in the third period. There were no details given about the nature of the injury.

Boeser hasn’t missed any of the Canucks’ 56 games this season, posting 16 goals and 45 points in that span. The 22-year-old has no goals and two assists in his past 11 games, though.

“It is what it is,” Green said. “He’s out for a couple games. That’s part of the NHL life. You deal with it and move on. Next man up.”

The Canucks did not announce any recalls from their American Hockey League team in Utica. Vancouver’s next two games are Monday against Nashville and Wednesday against Chicago.

• Upvote 1