The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

9 hours ago, wildcam said:

Not at all, Vancouver needs a top end D man to reduce Edlers Ice time and replacing Tanev..Would be crazy to sign Tanev to a 4yr x 4.5 million Dollar contract with his past history of injuries...

Are we not in top 8 in scoring? You also need a strong defence..

Vancouver doesn't have a wealth of scoring... The Canucks finally have 5 top 6 players, if anything they need another winger to replace LE21.

Hall for Larsson is a great example of why not to make a trade like that

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

BOESER is actually strong along the boards and his two way game has improved quite a bit. I don’t think you were watching him very closely this season.

There were many plays where he was the first one on the puck digging it out to Petey or Miller.

Either way I don’t think it has to be Boeser vs Toffoli. We should be trying to keep both and dumping cap in redundant players like Sutter, Eriksson, Benn, and Roussel. These players can be replaced by our depth much easier than the 60+ goals that Toffoli and Boeser bring.

I disagree with you,I went to 5 live games and watched most games on TV..Of course Boser can win puck battles but inconsistent .... 

OMG please Miller is way stronger then Boser and bigger and stronger to play along the way....

Boser is a goal scorer and very natural.... He like many player don't play a complete 200 foot game? 

All I was trying to get across if we need to make a trade a top 4 forward to get that top end D man other team will want top forward back???

It won't be Petey,Horvat, Miller? Everyone thinks we can keep everyone but that will not be possible......

8 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I disagree with you,I went to 5 live games and watched most games on TV..Of course Boser can win puck battles but inconsistent .... 

OMG please Miller is way stronger then Boser and bigger and stronger to play along the way....

Boser is a goal scorer and very natural.... He like many player don't play a complete 200 foot game? 

All I was trying to get across if we need to make a trade a top 4 forward to get that top end D man other team will want top forward back???

It won't be Petey,Horvat, Miller? Everyone thinks we can keep everyone but that will not be possible......

How did the Hawks keep Kane, Toews, Hossa, and Sharp together?

Trading Boeser when he’s on a team friendly deal makes no sense. We’d be filling one hole and creating another.

We can’t make up for our poor D depth by dumping goal scorers. We just got back to a level that can win us games. 

If anything we’ll have to make another deal like the Miller one for a D man and hope some guys like Woo, Juolevi, Tryamkin, and Rathbone work out.

2 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Vancouver doesn't have a wealth of scoring... The Canucks finally have 5 top 6 players, if anything they need another winger to replace LE21.

Hall for Larsson is a great example of why not to make a trade like that

I am confused with Hall for Larsson ? Seth Jones for Ryan Johansen , Jones is best D man in Columbus and Johansen is working out good in Nashville...

Trade was good for both...

Have to trade a top 4 forward for a #2 D man??? 

Edler is 34 playing 23-26 mins a game

Tanev 30 very injury prone? 

No D men in Utica that would be ready to take over as # 2 or # 3 spot in next 2 years??

Remember a good defence makes a great offence.... 

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How did the Hawks keep Kane, Toews, Hossa, and Sharp together?

Trading Boeser when he’s on a team friendly deal makes no sense. We’d be filling one hole and creating another.

We can’t make up for our poor D depth by dumping goal scorers. We just got back to a level that can win us games. 

If anything we’ll have to make another deal like the Miller one for a D man and hope some guys like Woo, Juolevi, Tryamkin, and Rathbone work out.

Well if you don't have a good defence you won't have to worry about offence ....Don't want to be trading more 1st rounders away...

Just now, wildcam said:

Well if you don't have a good defence you won't have to worry about offence ....Don't want to be trading more 1st rounders away...

Well we will need both but I’m not for trading away offence to do it.

This is where development of our young D men will be key. Wouldn’t be surprised if we take a run at Barrie either. Even if he’s a bit overrated he’s an upgrade on what we have.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Well we will need both but I’m not for trading away offence to do it.

This is where development of our young D men will be key. Wouldn’t be surprised if we take a run at Barrie either. Even if he’s a bit overrated he’s an upgrade on what we have.

I like Barrie but his defensive game is weak... We need a solid D man very reliable, solid in  defensive zone and can jump into play when needed  under 27 years. old

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I like Barrie but his defensive game is weak... We need a solid D man very reliable, solid in  defensive zone and can jump into play when needed  under 27 years. old

Teams don’t exactly tend to trade those players.

We’re gonna have to draft those players. Hopefully Rathbone or Woo can fill that role in the next few years. Until then I’m not interested in gutting our offense for a quick fix though.

Edited by DeNiro

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Teams don’t exactly tend to trade those players.

We’re gonna have to draft those players. Hopefully Rathbone or Woo can fill that role. I’m not interested in gutting our offends for a quick fix though.

I don't want to gut Defence but have to look at our defence, How much longer for Edler? Tanev is always injury prone? Big decisions

1. Edler -34 yrs old - playing over 23 mins per game playing against other teams best players..Logs hard minutes

2. Hughes - 20 yrs old - Bright future will break all records for D men in Vancouver.. Will be a top 10 D  man in league for many years.. Avg over 21 mins

3. Tanev - 30 yrs old-- UFA very injury prone will want 4 yrs x 4.5 million? I would take that money and sign a younger  guy similar to Tanev...avg over 19 mins

4. Myers - 30 yrs old -- Played against other teams top players.. Liked Myers play.. Avg over 21 min per game 

5. Stetcher 26 yrs old - RFA, will want 4 yrs x 2.8 million???I think Rafferty could fill # 5 spot at $ 750,000

6. Fantenberg 28 - UFA

7. Benn 32

Rafferty 25, Briesbois 22 , Juolevi 22, Rathbone 22, Woo 19.....( Tryamkin 26)

Edited by wildcam

9 hours ago, wildcam said:

Virtanen for Dobson....throw in a prospect (Rafferty or Brisebois) done!

have to give to get

...as for Boeser, he is a keeper...an important part of our core

JB is accumulating winners...players who have a history of winning (Miller, Toffoli, Pettersson, Boeser)...these players will lead the way and force others to elevate their game in order to win.

Dobson also fits as being a winner.

Edited by Pete M
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pete M said:

have to give to get

JB is accumulating winners...players who have a history of winning (Miller, Toffoli, Pettersson, Boeser)...these players will lead the way and force others to elevate their game in order to win.

I'd love some Dobson...:wub:

On 5/4/2020 at 8:43 AM, Pete M said:

have to give to get

Boeser is 100% a keeper. Is value is priceless

On 5/3/2020 at 9:02 AM, wildcam said:

Boser has been injury prone his first 2 seasons... I think Boser is a 25-30 goal scorer maybe 63-70 points tops if playing with Pettersson.

I would say his skating is average, soft along the boards, not a complete 200 foot player like a Toffoli..

I honestly like Toffoli better then Boser...Taffoli playing with Petey for 80 games -- 30-35 goals 70 points complete 200 foot game.

Teams know what Boser can do, he will not get that extra time like he did his first season..

I am really excited about Virtanen big 6'1, 220 ibs, such a great skater with speed can cause so much havoc and only 23 years old..

See Jake as a 19-24 goal scorer- 44-50 points...

To be fair, he should get a mulligan for the back injury.  

Slamming into an unlocked door is more of a freak accident than anything.  

On 5/3/2020 at 10:56 PM, wildcam said:

We need a solid D man very reliable, solid in  defensive zone and can jump into play when needed  under 27 years. old

Ever heard of a guy called Nikita Tryamkin? He was drafted by the Canucks back in 2014 and is most likely coming back from Russia to play with us!

• Cheers 1

Would hate for Virtanen to go. 

Hope Virtanen can get a team friendly deal to be kept in the fold. The more depth we have, the better. 

Does Podkolzin have the wheels that Jake has? How do the two compare to one another defensively? Offensively? 

2 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Ever heard of a guy called Nikita Tryamkin? He was drafted by the Canucks back in 2014 and is most likely coming back from Russia to play with us!

depends on what he's going to be asking for. 

the team is currently in cap crunch with so a few bad deals (i.e. Sutter, Eriksson, Roussel, etc)

If we could get a compliance buyout on one of those guys, would be a huge relief to be able to sign some of the players that need signing like, Toffoli, Virtanen, Gaudette, etc. 

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

depends on what he's going to be asking for. 

the team is currently in cap crunch with so a few bad deals (i.e. Sutter, Eriksson, Roussel, etc)

If we could get a compliance buyout on one of those guys, would be a huge relief to be able to sign some of the players that need signing like, Toffoli, Virtanen, Gaudette, etc. 

I'm sure they'll find a way to make the cap work when it's time to sign him.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs

30 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Would hate for Virtanen to go. 

Hope Virtanen can get a team friendly deal to be kept in the fold. The more depth we have, the better. 

Does Podkolzin have the wheels that Jake has? How do the two compare to one another defensively? Offensively? 

I think the two actually have very similar games. Both are famously north-south style players, though I don't think Podkolzin is as fast as Virtanen--few are. I suspect Podkolzin may have better hands though.

Still, it's all speculative when it comes to Vasili right now. He's a prospect with 0 NHL games and Jake is a pretty certain thing at this point. It would be foolish to trade Virtanen on the assumption that Podkolzin works out.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Lancaster said:

To be fair, he should get a mulligan for the back injury.  

Slamming into an unlocked door is more of a freak accident than anything.  

That open door tried to kill Boeser.

Ban all the open doors!!!

:lol:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1