Sign in to follow this  
thejazz97

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

Stop showcasing Eriksson and put Boeser on Horvat wing. 
This « second line « isn’t working. 

Pearson Horvat Boeser is the line i want to see. 

• Hydration 1

As many of you noticed he had all the room in the world in the slot instead he passed it off and turned it over against Minny last night.  Sit him down and show him every goal he has scored in the NHL and hopefully that'll inspire him to shoot again.    

• Like 2

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-brock-boeser-miss-least-two-games-due-injury/

Vancouver Canucks forward Brock Boeser will miss at least the next two games due to injury, coach Travis Green said Sunday. Boeser will then be re-evaluated.

Boeser left Saturday’s game after colliding with Flames forward Andrew Mangiapane in the neutral zone early in the third period. There were no details given about the nature of the injury.

Boeser hasn’t missed any of the Canucks’ 56 games this season, posting 16 goals and 45 points in that span. The 22-year-old has no goals and two assists in his past 11 games, though.

“It is what it is,” Green said. “He’s out for a couple games. That’s part of the NHL life. You deal with it and move on. Next man up.”

The Canucks did not announce any recalls from their American Hockey League team in Utica. Vancouver’s next two games are Monday against Nashville and Wednesday against Chicago.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Can Boeser fetch 10th overall pick this draft hmm 

Yes, but trading Bess for pick makes no sense for where our team is right now.  He’s 22, and coming into his prime years.  A pick would be five years away from his prime years.  We already have a pipeline of top talent coming along in our prospects, so we don’t need more.  We need the elite core player Bess is more.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes, but trading Bess for pick makes no sense for where our team is right now.  He’s 22, and coming into his prime years.  A pick would be five years away from his prime years.  We already have a pipeline of top talent coming along in our prospects, so we don’t need more.  We need the elite core player Bess is more.  

Im drooling over those top 10 talent like imagine getting Holtz or Raymond :O 

• Sedinery 1

5 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Im drooling over those top 10 talent like imagine getting Holtz or Raymond :O 

Agreed.  2020 is clearly looking like a great draft.  Maybe we continue to play like pansies and fall into the bottom ten?  Then you get your wish, and we keep Bess.  

One thing I humbly disagree with is that Brock Boeser is not in a slump. It is more so that he has hit a ceiling and is stuck on a plateau. This is normal for young people. It took Nathan Mckinnon 5 NHL seasons to figure things out. It may take Boeser another 2 seasons to get over the hump and reach his potential. Patrick Laine is sort of on the same boat. This also affects the organization's contending window. 

Brock Boeser can no longer find himself being open on top of the slot and surprising goalies with his quick release. He needs a new identity as a player. He needs to work hard on his shot as well as his skating. He needs to find another NHL player to emulate. I would suggest J.T. Miller to be the model since Boeser has decent size. Boeser needs to understand that every young player needs to get better every single summer and every single season. He cannot accept the status quo. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Maddogy said:

One thing I humbly disagree with is that Brock Boeser is not in a slump. It is more so that he has hit a ceiling and is stuck on a plateau. This is normal for young people. It took Nathan Mckinnon 5 NHL seasons to figure things out. It may take Boeser another 2 seasons to get over the hump and reach his potential. Patrick Laine is sort of on the same boat. This also affects the organization's contending window. 

Brock Boeser can no longer find himself being open on top of the slot and surprising goalies with his quick release. He needs a new identity as a player. He needs to work hard on his shot as well as his skating. He needs to find another NHL player to emulate. I would suggest J.T. Miller to be the model since Boeser has decent size. Boeser needs to understand that every young player needs to get better every single summer and every single season. He cannot accept the status quo. 

I do agree with you that his skating needs improvement, but I think he's injured - and he isn't telling anyone about it.

Boeser has never been considered "lazy". There is something 'off' about him (aside from the dad thing). I'm wondering if it's because he is forcing himself to play through it to collect money for his dad (don't know if it's a money thing if he doesn't play).

He's not shooting as much - and when he does, it's not the same as we've seen last year. I could be completely off base. I just think his play is mediocre away from the puck though - and i don't think it's laziness.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Upvote 2
  • Burr 1

Brock Boeser has a dying father and if you think that isnt effecting his performance you're probably wrong. Trading him right now would be very dumb imo. He will rebound. 

With that said, he definitely needs to work on his skating this off-season.

• Thanks 1
  • Burr 1
  • Sedinery 2

2 hours ago, Yung1 said:

Brock Boeser has a dying father and if you think that isnt effecting his performance you're probably wrong. Trading him right now would be very dumb imo. He will rebound. 

With that said, he definitely needs to work on his skating this off-season.

I'm just thinking that there are other factors outside of the father's illness. His passing is pretty crappy this season, and I don't think his skill vanished after he signed that contract. I think his wrist is injured. It's why he keeps passing instead of shooting so he can still help the team out. But at the same time, i think it's affecting his ability to play.

• Upvote 1

Come on guys... Boeser is now just on the biggest slump of his career in his 3rd full pro season and still sits at a career 0.82 points per game which is 7th in his draft year (was 5th before his slump) and now people are saying trade him for a pick? 2015 was the best draft in years and Boeser is widely considered a top 10 pick in that draft what are the actual odds of getting a better player? Even if we do draft a player who is equal to Boeser it’s still going to take a couple years to develop him to the player Boeser is now. Prior to this slump he was on pace for 78 points now people are saying he’s plateaued? Has anyone thought that maybe his production and shots have dipped a bit because he’s starting in the defensive zone 40% of the time compared to 22% last year and 29% the year prior. Has anyone noticed that his Corsi is also at a career best while still getting all these dzone starts? How about we all just take a big breath here and maybe start thinking that it’s a young kid who’s confidence is probably at an all time low offensively and instead of picking corners he’s just shooting to get the shot off and hope for a chance. He’s also dealing with some off ice issues that most of us wouldn’t want to fathom. 

Edited by Steven Stamkos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I'm just thinking that there are other factors outside of the father's illness. His passing is pretty crappy this season, and I don't think his skill vanished after he signed that contract. I think his wrist is injured. It's why he keeps passing instead of shooting so he can still help the team out. But at the same time, i think it's affecting his ability to play.

he is in a slump!!!! if he was injured he wouldn't play! players go thru slumps all the time. look at Horvat at the beginning of the year, then he picked it up I think in December. look around the league and see the players in a slump right now. they will work thru it as will Boeser.

23 minutes ago, bree2 said:

he is in a slump!!!! if he was injured he wouldn't play! players go thru slumps all the time. look at Horvat at the beginning of the year, then he picked it up I think in December. look around the league and see the players in a slump right now. they will work thru it as will Boeser.

There is the evidence of a very different release on his wrist shot from year 1 to present (just look at video). I hope that this drop off is injury related because it is BB’s greatest tool and what makes him arguably elite. 

• Hydration 1

He's not the same player as that rookie we saw a few years ago, the one with the confident laser slapper and wrister, picking corners, giving goalies nightmares, impressing Syd with his flow. ;)

Maybe his play is affected by his Dad's health? Maybe, but I would've figured he'd be a real force in Minny when his family came to watch. His Dad looked pretty good. He was pointless in the loss, then injured again. I hope he can get back to his rookie self, that swagger and confidence. Stop thinking so much Brock, just shoot the puck.

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

He's not the same player as that rookie we saw a few years ago, the one with the confident laser slapper and wrister, picking corners, giving goalies nightmares, impressing Syd with his flow. ;)

Maybe his play is affected by his Dad's health? Maybe, but I would've figured he'd be a real force in Minny when his family came to watch. His Dad looked pretty good. He was pointless in the loss, then injured again. I hope he can get back to his rookie self, that swagger and confidence. Stop thinking so much Brock, just shoot the puck.

i feel for brock. he's a good guy. 

hoping he works through whatever it is that's causing him to be so lacklustre out there on the ice this season. he'll bounce back. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

i feel for brock. he's a good guy. 

hoping he works through whatever it is that's causing him to be so lacklustre out there on the ice this season. he'll bounce back. 

Agreed. He's taking a bit iof heat from fans right now, but he'll probably still end up with 25 goals and 60+ points. Not too shabby at all, for an off year.

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Agreed. He's taking a bit iof heat from fans right now, but he'll probably still end up with 25 goals and 60+ points. Not too shabby at all, for an off year.

depends on when he returns to games, i guess. 

but yeah, for an "off" year, he's doing really well. 

i am curious what it is exactly that is causing his game to kind of suffer. it's either an injury, or confidence, or home issues, or could be all three. 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

depends on when he returns to games, i guess. 

but yeah, for an "off" year, he's doing really well. 

i am curious what it is exactly that is causing his game to kind of suffer. it's either an injury, or confidence, or home issues, or could be all three. 

I watch Bo and Brock this season and wonder how they won games before. Maybe it was the Sedins carrying the team? I think they're both having an off year, but if they both get going again, they would win more games and maybe do some damage in the playoffs.