The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

4 minutes ago, CanuckCup2022 said:

Those things are not connected in the slightest.

Boeser is a bonafide top line winger that is young and would get a haul in return.

The rest of those guys would get almost nothing in return (except JV).

They would get mid level picks at best, but also cap space; and the team keeps their best right winger

Just saw a note that the new CBA might also help us in the Boeser qualifying offer for his next contract.

It may be that even current contracts will have the qualifying offer be the AAV and. It the final year salary.

Trying to confirm this is true.  That is a huge deal changing it from the expected $7.5 minimum QO.

edit:

I looked at the language and this doesn’t seem to be true.  Only new contracts.

“For SPCs signed after the date of this agreement, if the minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary portion of a Player’s Qualifying Offer would otherwise be greater than 120% of the Averaged Amount of the SPC, the minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary portion of the Qualifying Offer will instead be 120% of the Averaged Amount.”

Edited by Provost

13 minutes ago, Provost said:

Just saw a note that the new CBA might also help us in the Boeser qualifying offer for his next contract.

It may be that even current contracts will have the qualifying offer be the AAV and. It the final year salary.

Trying to confirm this is true.  That is a huge deal changing it from the expected $7.5 minimum QO.

Only for new contracts and doesn't apply to Boeser.  

On 7/12/2020 at 2:05 PM, Pete M said:

Trading Boeser before trying to move guys like Sutter, Roussel, Beagle, LE, Benn, JV, etc would be a bad idea.

Benning was VERY clear on 650 he has had absolutely zero conversations with anyone about trading Brock. He said he has zero interest in trading him , and has no clue where this crap came from. I believe him. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Typical 1040 BS spreading through the city. Glad that both Benning and Boeser came out and stated that the statements are crap. Only a real idiot would still believe anything coming out of a turd like Sekeres mouth. 

I'm not sure how to take Sekeres' comments last Friday.

Is it......He's just a big manure spreader who will say what ever it takes to make Benning look bad?  or.....

He has a golden source who continually feeds him misinformation because he knows that gullible Matt won't be able to resist spilling it and look like a fool when people find out there is no truth in it at all.  Damn funny!

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

The thing is, beyond anything Sekeres says or does, there is a very reactionary segment of this fanbase that blows everything out of proportion. Sekeres floats the idea that the Canucks may consider moving Boeser and some people immediately rush to the conclusion that they're actively trying to push Boeser out the door.

There's a reason certain media types in Vancouver stir the pot this way every now and then. They know it will get reactions from people.

I think this happens a lot in this town.  Sekeres seeking attention?  Ya, that's his profession.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

Like others have said, well known and respected NHL Insider Matt Sekeres “reporting” that the Canucks are exploring trading Brock is and always was pandering. Pandering to the loud vocal population of fans who will hate on management no matter what, deserved or not. Every single type of rumour or talk of anything that may not favour the Canucks is used as ammo for that population to constantly talk about how much they hate them. There’s obviously a large contingent on HF and Twitter who eat this stuff up each and every time. It’s free real estate for Sekeres and 1040.

Somehow this population can’t see the obvious. The hate is too strong I guess. Training camp starting in one week, what better way to gain attention for their upcoming coverage than creating a rumour no matter how little it makes sense (talking about trade rumours 2-3 months before any possible trade can happen, with a potential playoff run on the way???)  

Happy Benning officially shut it down. 

Well said. Unfortunately to true on the fans aspect. 

On 7/12/2020 at 5:45 PM, CanuckCup2022 said:

Those things are not connected in the slightest.

Boeser is a bonafide top line winger that is young and would get a haul in return.

The rest of those guys would get almost nothing in return (except JV).

addition by subtraction...the salary cap will get reduced so that we can sign all the foundational players, if some of these guys are just moved ( the return will be minimal)...young guys are now coming of age and can replace them

10 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think it’s a bit of both columns, Crabcakes. I think staff at 1040 are still upset that the Canucks chose to take their business elsewhere and left them. 

1040 staff know how gullible a portion of the fan base are and do whatever they can to stir them up. 1040 try to come across as impartial and honest reporters when they’re very, very biased in their approach. They’ve become addicted to undermining Benning at every turn. They only focus on his mistakes as a GM and attach hyperbole to each one of his missteps as if they’ll set the team back a decade. The brouhaha over Brackett is the latest in the spin that comes out of 1040. They’re as toxic as it gets. 

Ya Brackett got dragged out again today.  I think it was JD Burke who said that Brackett was Rathbone's buddy.  Benning was asked about it and he said that he didn't know about that but Chris Higgins had a good relationship with Rathbone.  

There's no story here but this sounds exactly like what you're talking about.

• Cheers 4

12 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Where he belongs.  Somewhere else. Why does he keep getting mentioned today? Geeeez lol

I hadn't seen him mentioned?  Weird if he was by someone else too...that would be an absolute coincidence.

He was a pretty valuable hockey & legal source....better than some of the media out there.

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I hadn't seen him mentioned?  Weird if he was by someone else too...that would be an absolute coincidence.

He was a pretty valuable hockey & legal source....better than some of the media out there.

Meh. Rubbed me the wrong way lol

• Cheers 1