The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 minute ago, mll said:

He took a team high 4 shots on net tonight (tied with Horvat).

I wouldn't doubt most, if not all, were a part of a bunch of those shots that were well out. I remember someone posting a tweet stating how far out a lot of the shots were sometime in the 2nd I think. Nothing Boeser did stood out at all today.

Team played a pretty passive game offensively besides the #1 PP and most of the people from that unit and a few spurts out of the bottom 6(mainly Motte).

• Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, mll said:

He took a team high 4 shots on net tonight (tied with Horvat).

Well that's good but I hardly noticed tbh, can say the same for the rest of the team tho.,.

Last 5-6 games he's had 1-2 shots max.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I wouldn't doubt most, if not all, were a part of a bunch of those shots that were well out. I remember someone posting a tweet stating how far out a lot of the shots were sometime in the 2nd I think. Nothing Boeser did stood out at all today.

Team played a pretty passive game offensively besides the #1 PP and most of the people from that unit and a few spurts out of the bottom 6(mainly Motte).

He used to be one of those players that could beat goalies from afar without a screen.  This game two were from far out but the other two were around the net per the game stats: 62ft (on the PP), 6ft, 55ft and 15ft.

Nothing against Brock but his health is a big concern. He has not looked the same since his back injury. His skating seems to be getting worse over time and now his shot is gone. Obviously, we don't know how his back really is and if it's fully recovered or whether it will ever get there. But if the physicians feels like this is the best it will get, we need to see what the market is for him.

21 minutes ago, shazzam said:

Nothing against Brock but his health is a big concern. He has not looked the same since his back injury. His skating seems to be getting worse over time and now his shot is gone. Obviously, we don't know how his back really is and if it's fully recovered or whether it will ever get there. But if the physicians feels like this is the best it will get, we need to see what the market is for him.

I thought the consensus was that his skating had improved over the break and that he looked faster now?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I thought the consensus was that his skating had improved over the break and that he looked faster now?

I thought he looked faster in the first game of the Minny series and that's it. Maybe other people see differently.

Boeser's skating isn't the same as when the qualifying round started against MIN. What I noticed about him last game is that his stick handling wasn't very good. He was trying to do too much in tight spaces and kept losing the puck. He needs to keep it simple and use his bread and butter more - that shot. 

4 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

hmmm would LA even do that 

Yeah, might as well go after Pietrangelo instead if we decide to shed cap. Considering that we would get him for free too.

Only way I do that deal is if LA retains 4-5M. No way they do that with 7 years left.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

Sadly, I think they've missed the boat on getting anything big for Boeser.  I would have moved him at the deadline..........every game he lays now drops his value as a chip

normally I like your takes on thing but this seems a bit out there to me. Sure he's been struggling but his play away from the puck has actually improved a fair bit this year. In a full healthy year he's still got 40 goal potential. He's nothing like a soft floater like a Nylander e.g. 

• Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

normally I like your takes on thing but this seems a bit out there to me. Sure he's been struggling but his play away from the puck has actually improved a fair bit this year. In a full healthy year he's still got 40 goal potential. He's nothing like a soft floater like a Nylander e.g. 

I still don't get why people think I'd trade because he's not good.......quite the opposite.  I thought he had an abyssmal game 3, but he probably had his best game of the playoffs last night.  He was skating hard and being aggressive.

However, his offense has been going steadily downhill for two years now and that's the element that would bring a big return.  If hes not scoring, he doesn't have much trade value.

I am, however getting tired of this "40 goal potential".  At this point it's a stretch to say he's got 30 goal potential.

• Upvote 1