The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

I do agree - he seemed tentative. I still can't help but think the uncertainty of Duke's future health is a distraction for him. They're real close and between that and his injuries, I just don't think he's in the best place right now mentally.

As far as skills and ability, he has indeed grown as a pro and I think at some point he will overcome what is keeping him from being as tenacious as he could and should be and get back to being that play driver.

Man, if Boeser only went high bar and in on Lehner....we would have faced the stars and probably be still playing...Canucks must have took a bit of confidence away from Vegas for the Stars to beat them in 5 games. Very surprised that Vegas got beat in 5 games.

Edited by Pete M

On 9/14/2020 at 8:41 PM, Pete M said:

Man, if Boeser only went high bar and in on Lehner....we would have faced the stars and probably be still playing...Canucks must have took a bit of confidence away from Vegas for the Stars to beat them in 5 games. Very surprised that Vegas got beat in 5 games.

Maybe Vegas players have tendonitis from all the shots they were putting on us ;)

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I see Boeser’s name in connection with a Dumba trade. Kinda makes sense. 

Minni is wanting a centre and that is not Boeser, this is Vancouver media hyping this trade,  Benning has already said numerous times he is not trading Boeser, if they want a centre they can go after Sutter or Gaudette lol

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, mll said:

Guerin confirmed that Johansson will be playing C for them. 

I guess its a bit of an upgrade, which is fine. They must not be getting much in the way of 2C offers for Dumba. I wonder what the WPG talks are centred around.. Lowry and a prospect maybe? 

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

They don't need or want Boeser and we have no need for an older, inferior, more expensive version of Hughes. So no.

LeBrun is saying Winnipeg is the team connect to this today. Good, at least we don't have to worry about another guy that can crush us. 

• Vintage 2

14 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

I guess its a bit of an upgrade, which is fine. They must not be getting much in the way of 2C offers for Dumba. I wonder what the WPG talks are centred around.. Lowry and a prospect maybe? 

He’s a great winger but definitely not an upgrade at C, Johansson has played LW most of his career and when moved to C for a short stint last year it didn’t go well, only about  40% with 490 FO taken. He’s never been good in the dot and his career percentage is a little over 40%. He’s younger at 29 but they’re gonna still need help at C next year. They must be targeting a top 6 center for a defenseman as well. And if the GM is telling the truth and he’s gonna be their center I don’t understand that 

Edited by Petey40

1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

He’s a great winger but definitely not an upgrade at C, Johansson has played LW most of his career and when moved to C for a short stint last year it didn’t go well, only about  40% with 490 FO taken. He’s never been good in the dot and his career percentage is a little over 40%. He’s younger at 29 but they’re gonna still need help at C next year. They must be targeting a top 6 center for a defenseman as well

they won't get a top 6 imo. Thats why I was wondering out loud about Lowry if the WPG interest rumour in Dumba is true, he is good on face offs, cheap salary. Maybe they interchange them a little bit depending on where the zone draws are? not a top 6 but he's a good player, and more C depth. 

1 minute ago, Robert Long said:

they won't get a top 6 imo. Thats why I was wondering out loud about Lowry if the WPG interest rumour in Dumba is true, he is good on face offs, cheap salary. Maybe they interchange them a little bit depending on where the zone draws are? not a top 6 but he's a good player, and more C depth. 

Yeah I could see that, be a similar situation that Canucks are in where Lowry takes the D zone draws and Johansson takes majority offensive zone draws 

• Hydration 1

On September 13, 2020 at 5:15 PM, bree2 said:

we finally have our top 6 and you want to trade away one of our top six?  seems silly when the Canucks have worked so hard to get that top six.  Benning is a smart guy and he will make the right choice on who to trade, because if it has to be a top six Benning has already said Boeser is going nowhere, so i would say it would be Toffoli being traded, but i hope he keeps the top six intact. 

You don't realize we can't keep everyone? 2021 season Petterson 10 million --- Hughes 8 million...Boeser next contract set at 7.5   

Taffoli Is  a UFA????? You could trade his right 4th rounder..

Be prepared someone has to go?? Don't be shocked if its Boeser.... Do you honestly think Jim Benning can share his truth? He has to stop rumours about Boeser in June...Only  players that should not be trade are Pettersson and Hughes maybe Horvat, Miller,??? If trading a player makes your team better you have to??

Podkolzin will be ready to sign with Vancouver after this KHL season is over... SO if some team has a good offer and Boeser make this trade happen you must listen...

The team strength is wingers..   Team weakness Defence....

Team needs a # 2 D man to play with Hughes under 27.....Team has very average defence..

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

You don't realize we can't keep everyone? 2021 season Petterson 10 million --- Hughes 8 million...Boeser next contract set at 7.5   

Taffoli Is  a UFA????? You could trade his right 4th rounder..

Be prepared someone has to go?? Don't be shocked if its Boeser.... Do you honestly think Jim Benning can share his truth? He has to stop rumours about Boeser in June...Only  players that should not be trade are Pettersson and Hughes maybe Horvat, Miller,??? If trading a player makes your team better you have to??

Podkolzin will be ready to sign with Vancouver after this KHL season is over... SO if some team has a good offer and Boeser make this trade happen you must listen...

The team strength is wingers..   Team weakness Defence....

Team needs a # 2 D man to play with Hughes under 27.....Team has very average defence..

Point 6.7 pre-covid. Pettersson is not getting 10m.

1 hour ago, MrCanuck94 said:

It's a bridge deal for Point and we won't bridge Petey or Hughes. We'd be lucky if we get Petey for anything under 10 mill.

Petey might get good money but I don't expect anything crazy. Could sign a bridge deal with Covid/flat cap

Hughes is in Boeser's boat. He can't be signed to an offer-sheeted or go to arbitration. He will for sure get a bridge deal akin to Boeser's where the qualifying offer will be significant(7.5M or up).

Overall we could see a lot of bridge deals on these highly touted RFAs because of the flat cap expected for a few years with those bridge deals expiring when the cap is expected to go back up in the next 3-4 years.

2 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

It's a bridge deal for Point and we won't bridge Petey or Hughes. We'd be lucky if we get Petey for anything under 10 mill.

Point has shown more than Pettersson has. Point has shown he deserved 10m with his great two way play and over 50% in the face-off circle. Petterson has had back to back seasons where his production has fallen off a cliff near the end of the season. Pettersson is nowhere near a 10m dollar player. People are completely over-valuing our players.