The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

5 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Im interested to see who becomes the better sniper down the road: Kyle Connor vs Brock Boeser vs Cole Caufield vs Laine vs Wahlstrom 

Whoever play with the best playmaker is my guess.

I think brock and Conor have the advantage they’ve learned more of the dirty areas 

Edited by Dats hockey

6 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Im interested to see who becomes the better sniper down the road: Kyle Connor vs Brock Boeser vs Cole Caufield vs Laine vs Wahlstrom 

Interesting.

I think Laine will always be the superior sniper.

The other players have the potential to be valuable in lots of other areas though, especially come playoff time.

Wahlstrom imo is the wild card in that he's a sniper that could be as good or better than Laine but also in that i don't think his all around game is on par with the others.

Laine is actually a buy low right now. I know he has issues but would look good with EP and nobody complained about Brett Hull when he scored 70+...

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 7:57 AM, J-P said:

Interesting.

The other players have the potential to be valuable in lots of other areas though, especially come playoff time.

Wahlstrom imo is the wild card in that he's a sniper that could be as good or better than Laine but also in that i don't think his all around game is on par with the others.

Laine is actually a buy low right now. I know he has issues but would look good with EP and nobody complained about Brett Hull when he scored 70+...

Except Laine is on two teams right now and is looking more and more one dimensional than ever.

Boeser actually has tried to evolve his game, and it's looking really good. He's now scoring AND not being a liability for the team. I'll take Boeser over Laine any day because if Laine isn't scoring, he's not helping the team in other ways.

46 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Except Laine is on two teams right now and is looking more and more one dimensional than ever.

Boeser actually has tried to evolve his game, and it's looking really good. He's now scoring AND not being a liability for the team. I'll take Boeser over Laine any day because if Laine isn't scoring, he's not helping the team in other ways.

Also, BB threw a few hits last year too

• Cheers 1

On 6/23/2021 at 7:57 AM, J-P said:

Interesting.

Laine would still cost too much to acquire, though, even as a "buy low" 

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Rumours that Boeser may be on the block, VAN possibly concerned about his qualifying offer looming.  Now that's aggressive.

somehow i believe it is just rumours,  why would you get rid of your top scorer this past season? that would be just crazy

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

somehow i believe it is just rumours,  why would you get rid of your top scorer this past season? that would be just crazy

It does sound like a crazy rumour, can't see it happening, but who knows? Would be a bad decision, Pettersson would be pi**ed.

• Vintage 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

It does sound like a crazy rumour, can't see it happening, but who knows? Would be a bad decision, Pettersson would be pi**ed.

i just heard and  Zac hyman could be interested in Canucks and Canucks are interested

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

It would be a shortsighted move to say the least. If the idea is create a team that will go far, one of the most important and underappreciated aspects of that is team chemistry. Boeser has that with plenty of players on the team. Unless it was a monumental return, like a true number 1 right handed defenseman, it would be a grievous error.

38 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Rumours that Boeser may be on the block, VAN possibly concerned about his qualifying offer looming.  Now that's aggressive.

Like I said in another thread anything short of Ekblad and it makes no sense for us.

He would be too hard to replace and it would disrupt our chemistry too much.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Vintage 1

On 7/15/2021 at 12:39 PM, NUCKER67 said:

I just heard that too.

Who's the wannabe spreading fake news?

The return would have to be obscene type.

Look forward to seeing him improve on his totals of last season.

Predicting 75 to 80 pnts for "The Flow" next year.

On 7/15/2021 at 12:39 PM, NUCKER67 said:

I don't think his QO will be a huge issue as long as JB doesn't go out and spend frivolously.  We need a few depth guys at a couple key positions (defense/center) capable of raising their games above their reasonable contracts instead of a couple guys raking in large salaries while completely underperforming.