The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

Everyone was saying how much faster and stronger he and his shot looked in the short training camp. He sounds like he worked hard in the off-season and has come into the year on fire, he's leading the league in goals right now and when he's got the puck on his stick with a clear shot at net you think it's going in a lot of the time.

8 goals in 11 games is a real tear, but we can't forget he was on pace not that long ago for 35-40 goals in a season. Brock has really flown under the radar last season with Miller and Pettersson taking control, but right now he's one of if not our best forward. Hope this continues for him, Brock can certainly have streaky periods as can Petey but with a consistently-producing Miller, as long as one or both are hot at any one time, our top line will always be a threat.

I'm expecting a 40-goal pace from Brock this season, and that's a lot considering he's up against some very strong goalies and defences (apart from Edmonton and Ottawa).

5 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

There's nothing wrong in the idea of wanting to trade Boeser (if you did not believe he would come back to form) for a top pair d-man and having a solid stop gap at the position such as Toffoli who has very good chemistry with Miller and Petey regardless of his career PPG.

I myself wasn't sure if Boeser could regain his rookie form, but fortunately I was proven wrong.

It's not just his shot, he looks quicker and he's making smart plays consistently. Let's hope he keeps it up moving forward.

You watch the iPad between shifts and you learn stuff. :bigblush:

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, stawns said:

I absolutely would have, for a young, top 4 dman a pick and sign Toffoli.  Without question.  If they had, they'd still have the offense, but have a more complete player and they'd have a young top 4 dman

I've never said he's not good offensively, but that he's invisible when he's not scoring.  That's still true.

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

• Haha 4
31 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

Definitely one of my favourite gifs.  Doesn't change that the team probably would be better and deeper by trading BB and signing TT

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Definitely one of my favourite gifs.  Doesn't change that the team probably would be better and deeper by trading BB and signing TT

Your in a hurry to fix something that isn't broken.

We already got a top pair D when we snagged Schmidt for peanuts this offseason. Without losing Boeser I might add.

Patience will be rewarded when we still have one of the best scorers in the league in Boeser, potentially trade for a D another team can't protect in the ED and have Hoglander playing another consecutive, Calder consideration season and Podkolzin set to arrive later this spring. 

Toffoli is a good player. He was a good fit here. But he was the furthest thing from a 'need' that we had. We've got LOADS of wingers both here and coming. We also have two solid youngsters on D in OJ and Rathbone. There's zero need to trade one of the league's top, one shot scorers to band aid the situation.

• Like 1

I will add however BB this season does not resemble B   from last season. IMHO I believe Green should get a tip of the cap because he played BB down the line up last season to make him an O/A better player and it seems to have worked. Boeser is playing a solid two way game and looks comfortable in his skin. The question clearly is, is this a streak or a jumping off spot for a O/A better player

• Hydration 2
14 hours ago, stawns said:

I absolutely would have, for a young, top 4 dman a pick and sign Toffoli.  Without question.  If they had, they'd still have the offense, but have a more complete player and they'd have a young top 4 dman

I've never said he's not good offensively, but that he's invisible when he's not scoring.  That's still true.

This is simply not true. I've been very critical of Boeser's play away from the puck in the past but he's been solid this season.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
16 hours ago, stawns said:

Toffoli was ok the short time he was with us, but he is considered a very streaky player. Boeser beats  him by a mile. we don't need a top 4 young defenseman , we have a few young ones just waiting to play. Did you watch Chatfield, he is really getting better each game. we are letting our young guys play this season, this the only way they get better. just so you know most players seem invisible when they are not scoring, but Boeser this season has been all over the ice doing a lot things right even when he isn't scoring, but tops in goals and 11 points  so far, you just have to notice him lol

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

He was a good fit here.

I take a little bit of an issue with this. Was he truly a good fit here? He was solid when he arrived and put up some points, but the team was in freefall at that point and his production didn't exactly help us pile up the wins. FFW to the playoffs and he hets injured early, comes back and has one great game, then goes completely silent for the next handful of games against Vegas, and we're ultimately eliminated. 

All in all he really didn't do much to help the cause in the long run. 

• Hydration 1
19 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I take a little bit of an issue with this. Was he truly a good fit here? He was solid when he arrived and put up some points, but the team was in freefall at that point and his production didn't exactly help us pile up the wins. FFW to the playoffs and he hets injured early, comes back and has one great game, then goes completely silent for the next handful of games against Vegas, and we're ultimately eliminated. 

All in all he really didn't do much to help the cause in the long run. 

I think he fit well with our players/team. So yeah, I think he did.

I'm not going to fault him for his production playing on one leg in the playoffs.

There's no need to exaggerate reality. He's a good second line player who fit well with our team. But unfortunately, due to Covid and our pretty solid W'er depth, he wasn't as big of a priority as trading for Schmidt, signing Holtby etc.

And either way, he's certainly no replacement for (healthy) Boeser.

Edited by aGENT
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Boeser continues to rack up the points and climb the Canucks all-time scoring list.  Into 46th with is goal and assist tonight. (1st career SH goal to boot)

45.  Ivan Boldirev C 216 80 104 184
46.  Brock Boeser RW 216 86 93 179
47.  Mason Raymond LW 374 80 98 178
48.  Ron Sedlbauer LW 325 108 69 177
  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1

BB is finally back to shooting the puck with the same accuracy he showed in his rookie season, before the (elbow? hand?) injury that he sustained in Da Beauty League.  The main difference is that he looks like he worked with the same skating coach that Horvat did a few seasons ago -- he's suddenly much faster than he ever was.  

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

As the top line's Petey and Miller look rubbish this season compared to last (still scoring at least 60 point pace though), Boeser is IMO our MVP right now. He's not just scoring big goals but that shot is one of the best in the league now and looks like he's flourishing. Unlike the rest of the Canucks, he really looks like he worked on some things in the off-season and looks much better, but that shot has really gotten better and quicker. Beating Marky from that far out top corner to tie the game was something you see guys like Matthews and McDavid do, and Boeser's shooting is certainly up there now.

Would be a crazy season if we end up a bottom-5 team but Boeser wins the Rocket Richard but he can certainly do it and catch Matthews.

• Hydration 2
1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

As the top line's Petey and Miller look rubbish this season compared to last (still scoring at least 60 point pace though), Boeser is IMO our MVP right now. He's not just scoring big goals but that shot is one of the best in the league now and looks like he's flourishing. Unlike the rest of the Canucks, he really looks like he worked on some things in the off-season and looks much better, but that shot has really gotten better and quicker. Beating Marky from that far out top corner to tie the game was something you see guys like Matthews and McDavid do, and Boeser's shooting is certainly up there now.

Would be a crazy season if we end up a bottom-5 team but Boeser wins the Rocket Richard but he can certainly do it and catch Matthews.

Kinda gotta agree. Funny how Boeser was probably our #5 or #6 best player last year and now he's launching up to our MVP about a third through the season.

Is this a good time to point out Brock was drafted #23 over all?

Been seeing a bit of J.B. drafts well, only because of draft position, so I'm just wondering if this is evidence that counters those beliefs?

Should I add in Adam Gaudette from the 149 pick ?

or honourable mention to Briseboi at 66 pick?

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

what would be nice is if Green would put Hoglander  with Petey and Boeser and Miller with Bo. 

24 minutes ago, gurn said:

Is this a good time to point out Brock was drafted #23 over all?

Been seeing a bit of J.B. drafts well, only because of draft position, so I'm just wondering if this is evidence that counters those beliefs?

Should I add in Adam Gaudette from the 149 pick ?

or honourable mention to Briseboi at 66 pick?

And... Hoglander, Rathbone, Woo, Lind, Lockwood, Jasek, DiPietro, Madden, Costmar, McDonaugh, Silovs, Focht, Persson, Slodyev and Jurmo...? (I think I may have even missed few guys there who are trending well).

It's frankly silly and so far beyond a reach I can't take people who post that kind of stuff, seriously.

We have the best and deepest pool of young players this organization has ever seen. All despite Benning supposedly 'trading away all the picks'. The moment you criticize our recent drafting, is the moment I know you're too far down the negative-narrative rabbit hole, and don't know WTF you're talking about.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1