The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Same problem here. Clearly a glitch in the matrix.

Why are videos stopping on Twitter?

Several reasons are working behind to cause twitter video playback problems. It may be due to faulty network connectivity, problems with the Twitter app, sometimes due to the browser, and many more.

Hope this helps. there's a link

Hint: it wont help, we are in internal twitter damnation

Dead cap next year will make it tough to resign BB, don’t really get the Holtby buyout from a cap management point of view, Luongo’s recapture was BB’s raise and it’s been burned on Holtby’s buyout and Halak’s performance bonuses 

1 minute ago, bbllpp said:

Dead cap next year will make it tough to resign BB, don’t really get the Holtby buyout from a cap management point of view, Luongo’s recapture was BB’s raise and it’s been burned on Holtby’s buyout and Halak’s performance bonuses 

I've heard this sky is falling tale every year, for years now. Have we ever failed to re-sign any of our young stars....?

It's a piddly +/-$1.5m-$2m raise. Between the Luongo penalty, potentially replacing expiring Sutter, Halak and Motte with cheaper players or trading Pearson (or even Miller), we'll find the couple million in cap to re-up Boeser.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I've heard this sky is falling tale every year, for years now. Have we ever failed to re-sign any of our young stars....?

It's a piddly +/-$1.5m-$2m raise. Between the Luongo penalty, potentially replacing expiring Sutter, Halak and Motte with cheaper players or trading Pearson (or even Miller), we'll find the couple million in cap to re-up Boeser.

Not a lot of cap coming off next year once you consider league minimum replacement, it will be a struggle to find money for a raise and if BB breaks out we will have to pay to dump cap to sign him 

Edited by bbllpp

6 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

Not a lot of cap coming off next year once you consider league minimum replacement, it will be a struggle to find money for a raise and if BB breaks out we will have to pay to dump cap to sign him 

I literally just outlined it for you. And no, we won't have to pay to dump cap :picard:

the-sky-is-falling-chicken-little.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

So Motte less league minimum and Sutter less league minimum pays BB raise?

Not alone. But partially yes. Add that to the $600k left from the Luongo recapture, then add the difference of Halak likely becoming MDP... It all adds up.

And then, like I said, we can always move Pearson and/or Miller. Heck, maybe we trade Myers too. It's not remotely anything to worry about.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Not alone. But partially yes. Add that to the $600k left from the Luongo recapture, then add the difference of Halak likely becoming MDP... It all adds up.

And then, like I said, we can always move Pearson and/or Miller. Heck, maybe we trade Myers too. It's not remotely anything to worry about.

Virtanen, Holtby, Halak > Luongo interms of cap next year

Yes Pearson and/or Miller are the right moves, hope JB/Canucks have the cojones as moving Miller/Horvat/Boeser will become a must at one point to create a contender 

23 hours ago, bbllpp said:

Virtanen, Holtby, Halak > Luongo interms of cap next year

Yes Pearson and/or Miller are the right moves, hope JB/Canucks have the cojones as moving Miller/Horvat/Boeser will become a must at one point to create a contender 

I think you need to look at it in the bigger picture for next season.  We have give or take $31mill if  the cap goes up as reported, + Ferlands LTIR, this does not account for EP or QH.  Let's say for ease of things EP (9) BB (8) QH(7) take up 24 of that, which is on the higher side I feel.  You then have 10.5 after LTIR to sign 3x 4th liners, bridge OJ and Rathbone, and bring in DiPietro and pay Halak's bonus.  Even without making a single move, that's a very manageable scenario.  

I will say though that I do see a scenario where Podkolzin proves he can play in the top 6 and we deal Miller for D help and a 1st next offseason.

On 8/23/2021 at 12:54 PM, BCNate said:

I will say though that I do see a scenario where Podkolzin proves he can play in the top 6 and we deal Miller for D help and a 1st next offseason.

Even if Podkolzin plays his way into the top 6; I just don't see that happening TBH. Miller's current deal is very team friendly and if they can work out a reasonable extension on his contract for two or three more years I see no reason to move him. There are other players that i would consider moving before him such as Pearson. That or Pearson moves down to the 3rd line and they do not move any of the core players for at least the next 2 to 3 years. 

Let's see what this team, as constructed, is capable of doing this season and then the Canucks might tweak the lineup during the next off season.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
spelling

3 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Even if Podkolzin plays his way into the top 6; I just don't see that happening TBH. Miller's current deal is very team friendly and if they can work out a reasonable extension on his contract for two or three more years I see no reason to move him. There are other players that i would consider moving before him such as Pearson. That or Pearson moves down to the 3rd line and they do do move any of the core players for at least the next 2 to 3 years. 

Les's see what this team, as constructed, is capable of doing this season and then the Canucks might tweak the lineup during the next off season.

Having top six wingers of Boeser, Podkolzin, Garland, and Miller puts us near the top of the league.  Then add Petey and Bo, and get the parade started!  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BCNate said:

I think you need to look at it in the bigger picture for next season.  We have give or take $31mill if  the cap goes up as reported, + Ferlands LTIR, this does not account for EP or QH.  Let's say for ease of things EP (9) BB (8) QH(7) take up 24 of that, which is on the higher side I feel.  You then have 10.5 after LTIR to sign 3x 4th liners, bridge OJ and Rathbone, and bring in DiPietro and pay Halak's bonus.  Even without making a single move, that's a very manageable scenario.  

Dead cap this year including bonus overages: 4.234

Dead cap next year 2.4 - 5.8 with bonus overages (at leas 3.9 as 1.5 from Halak pretty certain)

Dead Cap pushed essentially from the Holtby buyout i.e. this is a wash

non-league minimum contracts other the BB coming off the books 

Halak at 1.5

Motte at 1.225

Sutter at 1.125

Big Mac at 0.825

Rathbone at .925

assuming all replaced at a .75 league minimum available cap is 1.85M i.e. this is the definition of cap issues.  

Motte and Sutter are not replaceable at league minimum and OJ and Rathbone both could require significant raises after decent seasons

Best cap case is Rathbone and OJ are duds but we still take a step back as a team in the bottom six (why protect Motte over Lind with this…)

note that with Ferlands LTIR there is about 16.25 to 16.5 M to sign QH and EP depending on who’s assumed in the press box.  So a good chunk of the LTIR will be consumed in those contracts 

My view is trade now from a position of strength rather than waiting until next year with backs against the cap wall.  We take a step back regardless and it looks worse having a down year again due to cap issues than having foresight and consistently improve

The year after with only Hamonic coming off the books (who will need replacement) will make it hard to sign Hoglander, Miller (who will be 30 and on the decline) and Horvat

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

16.2M available to sign Petey and Quinn.

If only 13.2 M is used then Halak's bonus and the ELC bonuses will all count this year and nothing will roll forward to next year.

No cap problem.

The post above is erroneous.

Get’er done JB

On 8/22/2021 at 12:03 PM, aGENT said:

It going to be tough to resign Hogz after back to back 80 Goal season with our cap situation.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

16.2M available to sign Petey and Quinn.

If only 13.2 M is used then Halak's bonus and the ELC bonuses will all count this year and nothing will roll forward to next year.

No cap problem.

The post above is erroneous.

The cap space to cover the bonuses needs to be also carved out from that amount.  The 1.5M to pay Halak's bonus needs to also remain unused over the full season or there will be a roll-over.

Guessing 13.2M is your estimate to avoid LTIR and bank cap space.  If they use up the full 13.2M they might avoid LTIR but won't have put any cap space aside to cover the bonuses or recalls during the season.

4 hours ago, mll said:

The cap space to cover the bonuses needs to be also carved out from that amount.  The 1.5M to pay Halak's bonus needs to also remain unused over the full season or there will be a roll-over.

Guessing 13.2M is your estimate to avoid LTIR and bank cap space.  If they use up the full 13.2M they might avoid LTIR but won't have put any cap space aside to cover the bonuses or recalls during the season.

To me this is really tight and gets tighter with every one of Ferland’s LTIR dollars used to re-sign Petey and Quinn

It takes 1.83 M bonus roll over to have next year’s dead cap equal this year’s (Halak’s bonus is pretty much certain and between Jack, Nils and Vasily there is almost certain to be more)

As I explained above replacing all none Boeser contracts with league minimum only frees up 1.85 M and leaves holes all over the line up

Predicted cap increase is about 1 M

As fan42 said it’s doable if we keep it below 14M for EP and QH but if we give them the 16 suggested by BCNate then it will be a real problem 

Every LTIR dollar we spend on EP/QH potentially pushes a bonus dollar into next year and is one less LTIR dollar next year available to keep/replace Motte and Sutter as well as provide raises to Boeser, Rathbone and OJ

Best case we have 1.83+1+3.5 (from Ferland) = 6.33 for raises next year in order to keep what we have assuming we can resign EP and QH without dipping into Ferland’s LTIR and no bonus overages

We can extend that to 7.18 if we let Motte and Sutter go and replace at 0.75 which is certainly a step backwards.

If Boeser, Rathbone and/or OJ breaks out we will be moving assets to keep assets from a position of cap weakness 

edit: plus 1.5 M coming off from Halak to split between a back-up and the above.  League minimum backup at .75M adds another .75M to the above, again is that a step back?

Edited by bbllpp

7 hours ago, bbllpp said:

To me this is really tight and gets tighter with every one of Ferland’s LTIR dollars used to re-sign Petey and Quinn

It takes 1.83 M bonus roll over to have next year’s dead cap equal this year’s (Halak’s bonus is pretty much certain and between Jack, Nils and Vasily there is almost certain to be more)

As I explained above replacing all none Boeser contracts with league minimum only frees up 1.85 M and leaves holes all over the line up

Predicted cap increase is about 1 M

As fan42 said it’s doable if we keep it below 14M for EP and QH but if we give them the 16 suggested by BCNate then it will be a real problem 

Every LTIR dollar we spend on EP/QH potentially pushes a bonus dollar into next year and is one less LTIR dollar next year available to keep/replace Motte and Sutter as well as provide raises to Boeser, Rathbone and OJ

Best case we have 1.83+1+3.5 (from Ferland) = 6.33 for raises next year in order to keep what we have assuming we can resign EP and QH without dipping into Ferland’s LTIR and no bonus overages

We can extend that to 7.18 if we let Motte and Sutter go and replace at 0.75 which is certainly a step backwards.

If Boeser, Rathbone and/or OJ breaks out we will be moving assets to keep assets from a position of cap weakness 

edit: plus 1.5 M coming off from Halak to split between a back-up and the above.  League minimum backup at .75M adds another .75M to the above, again is that a step back?

Why are you moaning about something over a year away. We also have not re-signed EP or QH. 

Life is much better when you stop living in the Hypothetical. Also as Agent says, when has a team not signed its players. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3