The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

5 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I would love him on a low ball deal tbh. Also increases his trade value if his AAV is cheap :) 

but seriously, why do you think he'd sign the contract he did, then screw himself in his next deal?

his current deal has always looked like a pay-me-or- I -waltz -to- FA deal to me

I think every player who is failing on our roster will blame management when it comes time to sign their next deal

and why wouldn't they?

Edler, Tanev and Stetcher are they guys who may have signed a team friendly deal and Jim let them all walk

Edited by lmm

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

Ur absolutely right about that. If we dont give him what he wants, he'll prob just take the 7.5M QO and walk to UFA hence, I wouldn't mind trading him for asset management reasons 

or we sent Mr Competent to try and talk him down and we end out with a Hamhius situation

what is the compensation if Minnesota signs him for $5M?

7 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I thought the whole point of Greenway or Fiala being expendable was because of Boldy.

12 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Even if we do a full rebuild, Petey is not going anywhere. He is too young. Rebuilding teams do not trade away players of his age and caliber. Its not how rebuilds are done.

Petey is only 3 years younger than Bo (26), a year younger than Brock (24), and a year older than Quinn (22). 

They're young, but they're not that young anymore. The team needs some veteran leadership that has won in the league, and won consistently. Were those the Beagles, Sutters of the world? Because if they are, we're in trouble, cause those guys aren't here anymore (Sutter almost surely is going to retire it seems). 

On 11/22/2021 at 2:05 PM, 73 Percent said:

He was last year.

If he was worth 7.5 million last year then you sign him. You'll never be able to replace him with something better in a trade or FA. And that's probably what they will do. Thankfully all of these ppl who want to blow Petterson and Boeser out the door for what... picks ? , arent running the team. Its crazy talk.

1 minute ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

If he was worth 7.5 million last year then you sign him. You'll never be able to replace him with something better in a trade or FA. And that's probably what they will do. Thankfully all of these ppl who want to blow Petterson and Boeser out the door for what... picks ? , arent running the team. Its crazy talk.

Boeser isnt worth close to 7.5.  

33 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Boeser isnt worth close to 7.5.  

Boeser has scored more goals than Ryan Orilly in a season, and ROR makes 7.5

He's scored more goals than Mitch Marner, who makes 10.9 million.

Evander Kane makes 7 million, highest total was 30 goals. Brock scored 29.

Matthew Tkachuk 34 goals 7 million

Clayton Keller 23 goals 7.1 million

He's in that range. Which is why is qualifying offer is what it is.

16 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Boeser has scored more goals than Ryan Orilly in a season, and ROR makes 7.5

He's scored more goals than Mitch Marner, who makes 10.9 million.

Evander Kane makes 7 million, highest total was 30 goals. Brock scored 29.

Matthew Tkachuk 34 goals 7 million

Clayton Keller 23 goals 7.1 million

He's in that range. Which is why is qualifying offer is what it is.

That’s great but that was the old Brock before his back and wrist injuries/surgeries. He doesn’t have the speed to make space for himself and his shot is a shadow of what it used to be. Without his elite shot he used to have he doesn’t bring much with how slow and soft he is. 

Also ROR, Tkachuk, Marner aren’t paid to score goals…….

Edited by Podzilla
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Podzilla said:

That’s great but that was the old Brock before his back and wrist injuries/surgeries. He doesn’t have the speed to make space for himself and his shot is a shadow of what it used to be. Without his elite shot he used to have he doesn’t bring much with how slow and soft he is. 

Also ROR, Tkachuk, Marner aren’t paid to score goals…….

I doubt the wrist injury is permanent. It would be different if he was older.

Saying every player that has lower points totals and still gets 7 million+ is a bit of a cop out. Forwards are forwards. Players with less totals are riskier period. These kinds of players like ROR probably shouldn't be getting goal scorer money anyway.