The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

50 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Brock would probably get 7 million even. Compared to the rest of the league, its probably fair.

Another one. Kevin Hayes. 25 goals 7 million

Probably not for this season (so far), but overall I have to agree.  Despite the 19-20 season, where he clearly had issues with his wrist, Brock has had solid #s (270-102-116-218).  He had a great season last year and we saw improvements in areas of his game that were weak.

He has similar #s to Nylander (379-110-170-280), although Brock is more of a shooter, while Alex is a playmaker. Nylander ended up with a 6 year / $45,000,000 contract of which he takes home $7.5m yearly (the Leafs managed to work the cap down to $6,962,366 by utilizing signing bonus, etc).

Brock is struggling right now, but if he can get his game back to the level of last season, I see his fair market value similar to Nylander.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

I doubt the wrist injury is permanent. It would be different if he was older.

Saying every player that has lower points totals and still gets 7 million+ is a bit of a cop out. Forwards are forwards. Players with less totals are riskier period. These kinds of players like ROR probably shouldn't be getting goal scorer money anyway.

RoR won the Selke and the Conn-Smythe.  His contribution goes beyond just scoring goals.

3 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Brock Boeser has 3 career NHL hat tricks. That's pretty good.

I keep seeing an emphasis on past performance from your posts. What are you views on how Boeser has played strictly in this season alone?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I keep seeing an emphasis on past performance from your posts. What are you views on how Boeser has played strictly in this season alone?

Every forward has played either terribly or just satisfactory. So it has to be the systems or non systems that they are playing.

Is one forward played good in the last 10 games ? Maybe Hog and Pods

2 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Every forward has played either terribly or just satisfactory. So it has to be the systems or non systems that they are playing.

Is one forward played good in the last 10 games ? Maybe Hog and Pods

I'd agree there.

15 hours ago, Miller9 said:

Move Brock for a Young RD.

Schnieder on the NYR comes to mind, I know little of him but have seen his name thrown around. May be under valuing Brock but if Schneider is a sizable RD with talent who is a high ceiling defender it is the smart move. 

Braden Schneider Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #17 (lastwordonsports.com)

Brock is not worth 7.5 the way he's playing. And to be honest, he needs to be a consistent 35-40 goal scorer (which is what was expected of him when he signed). His skating is average at best, he is not strong on the boards and at protecting the puck despite his size, and is oft injured. I see him as a 20-25 goal guy who is a great secondary piece but that's not 7.5 mil worth.

We are strong enough on the right side with Garland and by taking a risk on Podz, and Hogs can play either wing. Have to give to get and Schnieder, assuming he's as good as he sounds is exactly what the back end needs.

That trade alone can really help this team going forward, as that's what we need to think about now, this year is done.

I doubt ownership will allow trading Brock if they are considering management changes. Who has the ear of ownership? JB, TG or the consulting group? There is also a cadre of management under the GM and Coach who might have input. Was Shaw brought in to assess the situation? The Acquilini family are real estate developers. That takes time and planning. I suspect they are assessing and will act soon. 

• Vintage 1

19 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I doubt ownership will allow trading Brock if they are considering management changes. Who has the ear of ownership? JB, TG or the consulting group? There is also a cadre of management under the GM and Coach who might have input. Was Shaw brought in to assess the situation? The Acquilini family are real estate developers. That takes time and planning. I suspect they are assessing and will act soon. 

I think the one who has ownership’s ear isn’t JB. I think he’s lost the confidence of ownership. He’s on a tight leash at this moment. We haven’t heard from Benning and it feels like he isn’t allowed to do anything without the owners’ permission. 

On 11/25/2021 at 5:51 PM, -AJ- said:

Pretty obvious that Brock hasn’t been nearly good enough. 

He ain’t getting his QO of 7.5M for a performance like this. They’re probably negotiating a contract to see if they can sign him short term. Either that, or Boeser leaves as a UFA if the team doesn’t qualify him right? 

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Pretty obvious that Brock hasn’t been nearly good enough. 

He ain’t getting his QO of 7.5M for a performance like this. They’re probably negotiating a contract to see if they can sign him short term. Either that, or Boeser leaves as a UFA if the team doesn’t qualify him right? 

They can avoid qualifying him by taking him to arbitration before issuing his qualifying offer.  The ruling can't be less than 85% of his QO so minimum 6.375M.  He would still be RFA on a 1 year deal.   

Arbitration can damage relationships but it's an option.

4 minutes ago, mll said:

They can avoid qualifying him by taking him to arbitration before issuing his qualifying offer.  The ruling can't be less than 85% of his QO so minimum 6.375M.  He would still be RFA on a 1 year deal.   

Can they work out a deal aside from going to arbitration? 

Like say, try to sign a 3-4 year deal on something less than the QO.

17 minutes ago, gurn said:

Or they trade him.

not right now they don't. or they don't get the maximum value they could. 

would be the benning thing to do wouldn't it? either allow him to leave as UFA or trade him for peanuts. 

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Can they work out a deal aside from going to arbitration? 

Like say, try to sign a 3-4 year deal on something less than the QO.

Yes.  Most cases are settled before arbitration.  Has to be settled before the hearing though - before they could still agree on a deal before the ruling but that's not the case anymore. 

4 hours ago, mll said:

that seems like a move you might make ahead of a trade tho, lock in a decent salary and have one more RFA year. Certainty in the salary might help the right deal along. 

I hope it doesn't go that way though. 

So torn with Boeser.

Is he a play driver or is he just a complimentary player? (ex. Raymond, Booth, Samuelsson, Pearson, etc.) While you need both to succeed, is he worth his cap hit & future qualifying offer? Tough decision being the GM.

So torn with this kid. He's pushing veteran status and needs to step the hell up. Either hold on for what could be, or maximize his return RIGHT NOW. 

Will we ever see the old Brock Boeser again?

• Like 1