The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

3 hours ago, CanucksNumOne said:

mhm agree with you for sure. If it was up to me I keep Miller and Bo over Brock. Miller is only 28 he's still prime for long enough imo and we have Podkolzin to take Boeser's role. Bo has so much more potential.  He goes on really good hot streaks scoring game breaking goals.. Just needs more consistency. He's a freakin tank with really fast burst of speed. When he gets angry during games he throws some heavy heavy hits reminds me of Lucic body/speed except faster. Beastmode he needs to throw a lot more meaningful hits.

Also if we keep Miller they can stack EP and Bo/Miller at times kind of like how Crosby/Malkin, McJ/Drai get stacked when things are going uphill for longer than it should.

Yep. For sure I agree with you on those points. 

But, if you get a Rangers offer that includes Schneider, a 1st, and Laff/Kakko, you have to seriously consider that offer, because not only does it make you better long term, but very possible in the near term as well. 

I tend to wonder if BB is relying too much on his past laurels. BB has 19 pts versus Millers 39 pts. Miller is in the full beats mode and will defend his patch if pushed, BB not so much. I don't know if you'd get as a good a return in a trade but certainly JT looks like he going to be a better all round  player for yeaars to come

• Vintage 3

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

I tend to wonder if BB is relying too much on his past laurels. BB has 19 pts versus Millers 39 pts. Miller is in the full beats mode and will defend his patch if pushed, BB not so much. I don't know if you'd get as a good a return in a trade but certainly JT looks like he going to be a better all round  player for yeaars to come

I agree about JT being the kind of player that will have longevity.  There's a certain quality that guys like him have; hockey is their life, they have mountains of passion and they rarely have injuries.  They are usually well-rounded players, born leaders and contribute in so many ways other than stats.

They aren't necessarily superstars.  Here's a few...

Pavelski (37), Pacioretty (34), Bergeron (36), Wheeler (35), Brown (37), Thornton (he was 39 before he dropped off), Kopitar (34).  Kreider will likely be one of these guys too. 

• Cheers 1

Wouldn't surprise me if he's the one to get traded.

Had a good comeback season last year but is back to his inconsistent play. If he's not scoring, he's not doing anything else.

Looks too slow out there at times as well.

Edited by MrCanuck94

18 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he's the one to get traded.

Had a good comeback season last year but is back to his inconsistent play. If he's not scoring, he's not doing anything else.

Looks too slow out there at times as well.

It’s too bad. I really like Brock when he’s on his game. 

Guess there’s too much inconsistencies in his game, as well as him being too slow to keep up pace. 

5 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

The more I see Boeser play, the more I hope they decide to trade him and keep Miller.

He's just a passenger. Legit top 6 winger but definitely not a game changer as where Miller is. 

Out of

Hughes

Miller

Horvat

Demko 

Petey

Boeser

I trade boeser first.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

I agree with some here, Boeser isn't the same.  His shot is his bread and butter, and even that has become ordinary. The game today is about speed.

Luke Schenn is another skating-in-molasses type of player, but he brings other intangibles, like his physicality, helping the Canucks thin D depth and his responsible, veteran D play. 

Boeser, on the other hand, doesn't really bring anything else, other than that shot. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I agree with some here, Boeser isn't the same.  His shot is his bread and butter, and even that has become ordinary. The game today is about speed.

Luke Schenn is another skating-in-molasses type of player, but he brings other intangibles, like his physicality, helping the Canucks thin D depth and his responsible, veteran D play. 

Boeser, on the other hand, doesn't really bring anything else, other than that shot. 

And yet the sheep are going with Miller, a far better and more  consistant player. I know you on't get much fro BB but you do unload his salary and maybe get a low 1st/early second for him ?

On 1/26/2022 at 2:32 PM, Fred65 said:

And yet the sheep are going with Miller, a far better and more  consistant player. I know you on't get much fro BB but you do unload his salary and maybe get a low 1st/early second for him ?

You don't get much for BB?  Get out of here with this bull$&!#tery wtf are you smoking?

3 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

You don't get much for BB?  Get out of here with this bull$&!#tery wtf are you smoking?

I don’t think you get as much as you would if you trade Miller. But you’d still get a pretty good return, I would think. But hey, what do I know, I ain’t no GM. 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I don’t think you get as much as you would if you trade Miller. But you’d still get a pretty good return, I would think. But hey, what do I know, I ain’t no GM. 

Yah for sure, I agree, but a low 1st, early 2nd?  Like what Anthony freaking Mantha got Vrana, Panik, a first, AND a second and there's no freaking way I'd take Mantha over Boeser.

16 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Yah for sure, I agree, but a low 1st, early 2nd?  Like what Anthony freaking Mantha got Vrana, Panik, a first, AND a second and there's no freaking way I'd take Mantha over Boeser.

Really depends on the market, though, doesn’t it? if there’s demand for Brock, then he’ll net us a pretty good haul. if not, then a lesser one. 

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Need to extend him to extract meaningfully trade value IMO.

If we move him, to a team he has no connection with, he likely takes his QO (that's arguably higher than what he's earned) and goes UFA soon after. No team is going to give up much for those magic beans.

Now an extended Boeser on a $6.5-$7m x 6 deal... That's worth something (possibly even keeping :lol: ).

22 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Need to extend him to extract meaningfully trade value IMO.

If we move him, to a team he has no connection with, he likely takes his QO (that's arguably higher than what he's earned) and goes UFA soon after. No team is going to give up much for those magic beans.

Now an extended Boeser on a $6.5-$7m x 6 deal... That's worth something (possibly even keeping :lol: ).

I think when you look at the comparables, Boeser falls into the 6-6-5 range on a long term deal.  

Sure , he can take a 1 year QO at 7.5 and then test the market, but I'd doubt he'd sniff 7.5+ on a long term deal as a UFA.  He is a good winger, but not a star by any stretch.

I'm sure there are lots of conversations with his agent going on right now, but if he is looking at 7.5 on a long term deal, he is as good as gone.

• Cheers 1