The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] EDDIE TO CAROLINA

Stix

The chances of a good player coming from the 3rd and 7th are slim. Id rather keep Lack because he is a team type of guy. Everyone likes him crowd favourite. He is worth a second. But guys it looks like there will be a big trade then. Cam Ward is probably getting trade.

I got goofed by NHL network, was originally happy with the deal (3rd and 7th) so I can't complain.

Lehner is a younger player, with years left on his contract with potential to become a good starter

Eddie Lack is a 28 year old backup goalie with a year left on his contract. HE MUST RETURN THE MCDAVID

Signed him as a free agent as well.. think people

benning made the wrong choice last yr miller at 6 million when he should have run with lack and markstrom at 2.6 plus luos 800k we could have signed a good top four d fkr six mill so now we have to live 2 more yrs with a overpaid starter vet and no cap space ehile teams like oilers and kings roll over us

I got goofed by NHL network, was originally happy with the deal (3rd and 7th) so I can't complain.

Lehner is a younger player, with years left on his contract with potential to become a good starter

Eddie Lack is a 28 year old backup goalie with a year left on his contract. HE MUST RETURN THE MCDAVID

hes no back up.. He could easily be a starter

I dont know about you guys but I would do a trade of

Lack for Cole Cassels anyday.

And we got Cole with a later 3rd rnd in a crappier draft year.

Just saying to put it in perspective.

A 3rd rounder to developing as well as Cole is rare. It's not fair to assume that a 3rd will turn out anywhere close to as good a Cassels.

Archived