The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] EDDIE TO CAROLINA

Stix

I consider it progress that one of your posts actually contains words. As you can see in the post above I gladly admit to being wrong but I still maintain that he has proven nothing at the NHL level since he showed up here and that, with a career NHL save % of .896 it means that, this list of what can only be considered 14 very solid games (where his save % is at least .935) must be accompanied by a considerably longer list of pretty weak games where it is significantly less than .898 which isn't considered good at all in the NHL. I will also reiterate that I hope he is fantastic and steals Miller's job by seasons end. Thanks for your "opinion".

Just stop talking and let's see how he looks a year from now.

Okay Thema, You "Gladly admitted" fair enough...

Thanks; I hope you realize I was just pulling your chain since it seems like you often post things and then think better of it which results in a blank space. Self censorship is not a character flaw...

Did anybody else notice this one.....

I personally think that one of the big reasons, maybe the biggest reason why Lack was traded was because of the term on Millers contract. There is overlap between Lacks and Millers contract. The year after next, Lack will expect and deserve a new contract and a nice raise while Millers contract is still on the books for a year. So, there is the unfortunate possibility of having a $10M cap hit in goal for 2016-17. This is old news and a big mistake by the rookie GM.

Markstrom, the RFA was just signed for 2 years at $1.5 per. So, the goaltender salaries are aligned; they both come due at the same time so there is no possibility of the Miller-Lack scenario occurring again.

Benning learns.....

thema, on 29 Jun 2015 - 4:17 PM, said:snapback.png

I defy you to find me one single "really good" game that Markstrom has played in his FOUR YEARS of NHL experience. ...

Wow, way to cherry pick every single win the guy has ever had in the NHL. ...

I'm not wishing to get into the Lack/Markstrom argument (I've been high on both and thought they should have been the Canucks' tandem in 2014-15) but accusing Forsberg of cherry picking when all he did was give thema what he challenged him to makes no sense. He didn't set the terms, thema did.

• 3 months later...

He's been pretty quiet. Only one start in 7 games so far and he lost.

He'll get his 15-20 games this season as back up to Ward.

Just goes to show you Vancouver can crush hard for a back-up.

Yup. This city loves inferior backups.. First Cory and now lack. Are either of them winning hockey games? Not much. 

I'm sorry, but Cory is no inferior back up. He's an elite goalie on a TERRIBLE Devils team. 

Meh sorry I have to stick to my guns... I always said lui > Cory and Lack. Luongo is winning his team more games than Cory. 

That said Miller > lui > Cory > Lack. 

Its our city and team that make the goalies great.  They all get overrated here when they play behind elite talent the likes of the sedins, Edlers, burrows, etc. MILLLLLEEEERRRRRRRTIMEEEEEEE 

Meh sorry I have to stick to my guns... I always said lui > Cory and Lack. Luongo is winning his team more games than Cory. 

Its our city and team that make the goalies great.  They all get overrated here when they play behind elite talent the likes of the sedins, Edlers, burrows, etc. MILLLLLEEEERRRRRRRTIMEEEEEEE 

You can think Luongo > Schneider, that's fine, but saying Schneider is an "inferior backup" is literally the biggest joke of a statement. The guy put up ELITE numbers last year and his team was terrible... If you care so much about statistics, you'd know Save% is a more personal stat than GAA/Wins (those are more based on your team).. Look at Schneider's Save% last year. The guy is a fricken' BEAST. You just think Luongo is even better, which is fine, who cares, that's your opinion. 

To say Schneider is an "inferior backup" is just.. Such a joke.

Lu is on a team stacked with unbelievable young talent.

Damn... Years later and I still can't get away with a small jab at Cory =P 

Regardless, he's only good because he was bred by the most prolific sporting franchise of ALL time. The Vancouver Canucks. 

Miller > Universe I'm my books right now 

Damn... Years later and I still can't get away with a small jab at Cory =P 

Regardless, he's only good because he was bred by the most prolific sporting franchise of ALL time. The Vancouver Canucks. 

Miller > Universe I'm my books right now 

Fun experiment - put MIller behind the Hurricanes or Devils and cue the red light flashing.

Behind an elite team like Vancouver it's no wonder he's 4-2.   Cory and Eddie would be too - maybe 5-1 lol.

(But on a more serious note, Miller is nowhere near as annoying to watch this season.  Like the changes/tweaks that RM has made to his game. He seems far more settled, and not getting out of position after the first shot nearly as frequently.  The Luongoesque flopping and swimming is gone - replaced with greater composure and ability to make the second save.  Kudos to Miller for changing as an old man, and RM for improving virtually every goaltender he works with).

i think its pretty obvious that media and fans were bigger fans of his personality than his actual play .   I still think he's a good enough goalie but is he as good as the media made him out to be while he was here ?   I dont think he was . I think he was a really nice kid who was well liked ..  sometimes image becomes more important than substance .  look forward to seeing him as on canucks broadcasts when he retires 

Fun experiment - put MIller behind the Hurricanes or Devils and cue the red light flashing.

Behind an elite team like Vancouver it's no wonder he's 4-2.   Cory and Eddie would be too - maybe 5-1 lol.

(But on a more serious note, Miller is nowhere near as annoying to watch this season.  Like the changes/tweaks that RM has made to his game. He seems far more settled, and not getting out of position after the first shot nearly as frequently.  The Luongoesque flopping and swimming is gone - replaced with greater composure and ability to make the second save.  Kudos to Miller for changing as an old man, and RM for improving virtually every goaltender he works with).

Hahahahah I thought you'd reply to this! 

You can put my pet giraffe's cousin in net and the canucks organization will ELITE'ize him. 

I disagree though. I don't think Cory would be 4-2. Luongo on par but maybe one less win. Cory, definitely one less win. I'm confident Miller is the best goalie of that trio. He's the one with the vezina too.  

Miller has that x factor that luongo displayed over most of his career as a Canuck. Ryan's stats were very deceiving and a result of those blowouts we had when our team in front of him also broke down. Let's not forgot he had the longest shutout streak in pro hockey at some point last year. Maybe an ahl goalie beat him or got close... Don't recall. 

His stint in St Louis should be disregarded. He didn't fit the system there whatsoever. It's difficult for a goalie to relocate like he did after playing all his previous years with Buffalo, the only team he played for.  

His stats in Buffalo speak for themselves... Just look it up. He was on a beyond miserable team at times and still had remarkable stats.

Miller is, all jokes aside... The most elite of that trio.  He'll be in vezina contention this year. Price will likely take it again... Miller should be close.

What will set him aside, is when he leads us to a Cup.

3 years ago, if u told me that I'd say Miller > Luongo, I'd laugh or punch the person in the face. But it has become reality. If he maintains it and gets a good push from the full team, this team can have a cup in his tenure. 

Not to take anything from Lui though. In my heart and brain I'm %100 convinced that the real Champs where the canucks in 2011. Just saying, this year... Right now... Next year.... Miller will pay more dividends. 

Archived