The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Benning

Grand17

God your dumb. Or at least incredibly simple minded.. Miller and Lack does not = Loungo and Schneider. Lack is no where near Schneider. Not even close, not even a competition. I don't think a single analyst or coach in this league would say Lack = Schneider. I don't even think Lack believes that. Schneider was in potential all star talks when we traded him. (The thing was, there was no way he could qualify splitting the duties 50/50) Lack is in potential backup goalie talks.

And to all the people saying "the tank is on." Really? Because we traded a backup goaltender even though we have an AHL al star goaltender ready to replace him?

too many NTC finally kills Canucks. throw NTC like candy made us handcuff and team will be poor/mediocre for the next 3-5 year. We don't have any ELITE prospects ready. just some above average prospects...

Hopefully this finally burns the simple truth that you never sign a goalie to a big contract that will carry through into their mid-30s. It is still mind-boggling that after all the Luongo contract garbage that Benning immediately thinks he needs to hang a 6-mil per year weight around his neck when Miller clearly didn't get the job done in St. Louis and was past his prime. He'd never been the same since the Lucic hit.

We've lost another promising younger goalie (though I won't say Lack is in the same category there as Schneider was) because Benning couldn't see what got Gillis fired.

If Miller gets injured, which is almost a sure thing at some point in the season, and Markstrom plays like he has other times when called up, we could see a pretty high draft pick this time next year.

I could never figure out why after the Luongo Schneider issue did the new GM go out and sign a new luongo...high cap hit, long term, older goalie...stupid move to get miller imo. Not sure if this trade is a byproduct of it, but in any event we have 6million to sign 7 players with...something has got to go.

Archived