The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

He said he models himself after Vlasic.

If he can reach that level then everyone will be happy with the trade.

It's a good comparison too so the kid seems self aware.

Reaching Vlasic would be over the top great. Vlasic is a legit top pairing defenseman.

Not a Norris but definitely a #1 D you can win with.

I must say has plumber written all over him If he is an above average skater an can pass in tight confined space perhaps there may be some upside I would say on surface he may be overrated by many of the evaluations on him should have been a third rd.Not sure I think this is a crap shoot pick with marginal upside perhaps a filler for the farm system? really not sure why we did not scour the WHL for a good western hockey bred player? just my first impressions as I do not have enough knowledge of him other than others opinions from and judgement .We In Van always seem to overvalue an hype what we pick up.

I must say has plumber written all over him If he is an above average skater an can pass in tight confined space perhaps there may be some upside I would say on surface he may be overrated by many of the evaluations on him should have been a third rd.Not sure I think this is a crap shoot pick with marginal upside perhaps a filler for the farm system? really not sure why we did not scour the WHL for a good western hockey bred player? just my first impressions as I do not have enough knowledge of him other than others opinions from and judgement .We In Van always seem to overvalue an hype what we pick up.

Way to do your research before drawing conclusions

• Upvote 1

Brisbois has been a standout at camp !! Very impressed w. This guy. Smooth skating and very very smart ! He always comes out of corners w. The puck during battles. Positionaly flawless and uses his stick very well.

He is only 17 yrs old to boot!

Reminds me of a mix or bouwmeester and willie Mitchell.

Brisbois has been a standout at camp !! Very impressed w. This guy. Smooth skating and very very smart ! He always comes out of corners w. The puck during battles. Positionaly flawless and uses his stick very well.

He is only 17 yrs old to boot!

Reminds me of a mix or bouwmeester and willie Mitchell.

Wow you might wanna lower expectations a wee bit

I think Brisbois is going to surprise a lot of people and challenge for a spot on the WJC team if not this year then next.

I like him more than Meloche.

Furthermore it's not an everyday thing that you see a 17 yr old captaining his Jr team which includes a couple of 20 yr olds and a handful of 18-19 yr olds.

What would Brisebois have to do at the start of next season to get a invite to the Canada WJC selection camp in December? More offense? Better Defence? Speed? Physicality?

It is extremely unlikely he makes the team as most D-men are all 19 year olds (draft +2); in fact I think all were last year except Hicketts. Brisebois was the 12th selected Canadian D-man this year so he would need to jump a lot of guys in this years and last years draft just to get a selection camp invite.

Stating this guy could be the next Tanev just to justify the lack trade was ridiculous.

How is this being done? I mean, regardless of how we got the pick he *could* be the next Tanev. He could also be the next Taylor Ellington. Neither outcome will have anything to do with the Lack trade.

• Upvote 1

What would Brisebois have to do at the start of next season to get a invite to the Canada WJC selection camp in December? More offense? Better Defence? Speed? Physicality?

It is extremely unlikely he makes the team as most D-men are all 19 year olds (draft +2); in fact I think all were last year except Hicketts. Brisebois was the 12th selected Canadian D-man this year so he would need to jump a lot of guys in this years and last years draft just to get a selection camp invite.

I think the best thing for him is to be exchanged (jr team) !!!!

Yes, we know. Potential. Will gain strength. -40 is due to the team. etc. etc. etc. Same song and dance.

Can't rip these guys, but ripping Virtanen is a go.

That's even more ridiculous IMHO.

The only prospect I have ever ripped was Patrick White, for obvious reasons.

That's even more ridiculous IMHO.

The only prospect I have ever ripped was Patrick White, for obvious reasons.

There were a lot of low points on the short, horrible run that was Patrick White. I think the lowest was when he mentioned he'd been drafted into the WHL (a couple of times I think) but didn't know much about that league so decided to stay at home and play on his high school team.

Some idiot on the radio said that this kid was going to be who the Canucks picked up in round two if they had that pick, and I wanted to slap him through the radio. Where did he get this tidbit? The Canucks? If that's honestly the case, then the Canucks should fire who makes their picklists immediately.

The thing is we've constantly been hearing this bs upsell job for years and years. "Anton Rodin (feather-duster) was going to be who we picked in round one, but Jordan Schroeder (Oompa-Loompa) was available." LOL! Frack me.

It's enough to drive you insane!

Some idiot on the radio said that this kid was going to be who the Canucks picked up in round two if they had that pick, and I wanted to slap him through the radio. Where did he get this tidbit? The Canucks? If that's honestly the case, then the Canucks should fire who makes their picklists immediately.

The thing is we've constantly been hearing this bs upsell job for years and years. "Anton Rodin (feather-duster) was going to be who we picked in round one, but Jordan Schroeder (Oompa-Loompa) was available." LOL! Frack me.

It's enough to drive you insane!

Benning said this during the summer summit. He was targeted by the team for a pick in the 2nd round. Impossible to say if he would have been picked by Vancouver had they got a 2nd round pick because we don't know which pick it would have been or who else was available on their list. Benning's comment was clear that Brisebois was one of the guys they wanted to get with a 2nd round pick though.

Benning also cannot pronounce Guillaume's first name. Benning says GILL-EE-AM, but it is pronounced GUY-HOMME.