The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brisebois with no points and was -3 in his teams 5-3 win.

Pretty disappointing start for this guy. He'll always have higher expectations because he was the pick received for Lack.

Ya, he's had a tough go for sure. On pace to be -50 this year. Hopefully he can pick his team up and they will improve. Not a bad player, from the limited viewings, but not a game breaker of any sorts either.

Past two games he's been a +3, plus 4 points in his last 9 games after starting with 0 in 7. Looks like he is turning it around. Possibly has adjusted to all his new teammates. I'd say he may end up with the same points as last year. However with a better +/-.

• Upvote 1

That end to end rush was a beauty. Such a great smooth skater, I think once he gains a bit more confidence we will be seeing more rushes like that.

Edited by Robongo
  • Upvote 1

Although hard to gauge with Lethbridge being top 3 in the eastern conference, & the Titan's being bottom 2 of the Q. However this player below was taken by the leafs the pick directly before we took Brisebois. Both having similar draft season stats. However Nielsen doesn't appear to have the leadership qualities that Brisebois does. Funny to think how if Toronto had taken Guillaume & we chose Andrew. CDC would think we drafted a #1 dman of the future.

Andrew Nielsen

Defenceman

Shoots:
Left
Height:
6'3
Weight:
Birthdate:
1996-11-13
Hometown:
Red Deer , AB

2015-16 Regular SeasonLethbridge Hurricanes17713201140
2014-15 Regular SeasonLethbridge Hurricanes5971724-9101

• Upvote 1

Although hard to gauge with Lethbridge being top 3 in the eastern conference, & the Titan's being bottom 2 of the Q. However this player below was taken by the leafs the pick directly before we took Brisebois. Both having similar draft season stats. However Nielsen doesn't appear to have the leadership qualities that Brisebois does. Funny to think how if Toronto had taken Guillaume & we chose Andrew. CDC would think we drafted a #1 dman of the future.

Andrew Nielsen

Defenceman

Shoots:
Left
Height:
6'3
Weight:
Birthdate:
1996-11-13
Hometown:
Red Deer , AB

2015-16 Regular SeasonLethbridge Hurricanes17713201140
2014-15 Regular SeasonLethbridge Hurricanes5971724-9101

Nielsen turned into a solid player for me in GM mode. Let's get him.

Not my point, lol. Just saying how if we took Nielsen not Brisebois, CDC would think we had the next Bobby Orr. As he improved from 24 points last year, to 21 so far in 17 games....

yeah I got that. Pretty remarkable improvement even when you consider how much  better his team got.

Not my point, lol. Just saying how if we took Nielsen not Brisebois, CDC would think we had the next Bobby Orr. As he improved from 24 points last year, to 21 so far in 17 games....

Nielsen is also almost a whole year older the Brisebois. It would only be fair to compare there same age seasons.