The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

Looks like he was signed today.  I don't think it changes anything this year or next; I don't see why it was necessary to get done now but I'm sure they have their reasons.  could just be a matter of getting it done while they had time to do so.

Congrats!

1 hour ago, UticaFanPart2 said:

Without reading the previous 20 pages of posts, can someone (or two) fill me in on Brisebois' status, as it relates to where he is playing now, and if they have plans for him coming to Utica, or go to Van?

He currently plays for the Arcadie-Bathurst Titans of the QMJHL.I don't think they've really announced what they're planning to do with him (which is typical for any team), but I'm guessing most likely he will start in Utica next season, unless he impresses in preseason (like Hutton). 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

He currently plays for the Arcadie-Bathurst Titans of the QMJHL.I don't think they've really announced what they're planning to do with him (which is typical for any team), but I'm guessing most likely he will start in Utica next season, unless he impresses in preseason (like Hutton). 

He can't play in utica next year. Still has one more year of junior left after this one

• Upvote 2

On 12/11/2015 at 8:58 PM, manroth19 said:

He can't play in utica next year. Still has one more year of junior left after this one

Correct.

Players drafted and playing for CHL teams are ineligible to play in the professional minor leagues (AHL, ECHL) until they are 20 years old (by December 31st of that year) or have completed four years in major juniors.

Brisebois doesn't turn 20 until July 2017 and is in his 3rd year in major junior.  He won't be eligible to play the full season the AHL/ECHL until he plays one more year in junior.

29 minutes ago, mangosteens said:

Correct.

Players drafted and playing for CHL teams are ineligible to play in the professional minor leagues (AHL, ECHL) until they are 20 years old (by December 31st of that year) or have completed four years in major juniors.

Brisebois doesn't turn 20 until July 2017 and is in his 3rd year in major junior.  He won't be eligible to play the full season the AHL/ECHL until he plays one more year in junior.

This should be the banner of the prospects page

• Upvote 4