The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

• 2 weeks later...

According to Thomas Drance in http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks-prospect-report-march/ ,

"Because of Brisebois’ youth, he won’t be signing an amateur tryout deal with the Comets.

“We just thought it was more advantageous for (Brisebois and Olson) to start working out getting stronger for training camp and rookie camp next season,” explained Benning.

He won’t turn 19 until late July.

3 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

According to Thomas Drance in http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks-prospect-report-march/ ,

"Because of Brisebois’ youth, he won’t be signing an amateur tryout deal with the Comets.

“We just thought it was more advantageous for (Brisebois and Olson) to start working out getting stronger for training camp and rookie camp next season,” explained Benning.

He won’t turn 19 until late July.

Sooo... perhaps Neill to be in Utica soon?

• 4 weeks later...

He has a hell of a wrister, seems to find the top of the net as well. Of course, that's not what he's known for, but his excellent skating and positional awarness were evident in that video. He needs another year of Junior, and I see him adding to his point totals. 

I think he is one of our underrated prospects. He could prove to be a valuable player for us in the future as a two-way defensman. I see his ceiling as a Hjalmarsson type player. Not flashy, but he gets it done. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Woah, Brisebois requested a trade from his Q team, from which he is Captain:

http://canucksarmy.com/2016/5/4/guillaume-brisebois-requests-trade-from-qmjhl-team

It seems as well, that he is using the USHL team that drafted him as leverage:

I wonder what happened. It will be interesting to see this story develop.

Would be cool if he could go to a contending team and spark his offensive numbers. 

Don't blame him. Just needs to be in a better scenario to take the necessary steps to develop and take it to the next level. Wouldn't happen with the Titans. 

He's maxed out in terms of doing the utmost possible on that terrible team. This I'm assuming is a move he wants for the betterment of his future so I'm sure people will gladly support that decision.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Can Brisebois not just go the college route and sign with UND now?

No. He signed an ELC.

He's pretty much stuck in the CHL until he gets too old, makes the NHL, or both.

Edited by thejazz97