The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

28 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Charlottetown is a top 10 team. Should be great for Brisebois's development, taking the next step and actually being part of a winning side.

I'll be in Charlottetown for the last two weeks of August, anybody have any idea when Q teams have their training camps?

http://new.theqmjhl.ca/article/guillaume-brisebois-looking-forward-to-joining-islanders

Jun 15

Guillaume Brisebois looking forward to joining Islanders

by
Charlottetown, Islanders
CHA_Brisebois.jpg
Guillaume Brisebois was a little surprised when he heard he was no longer part of the Acadie-Bathurst Titan but said he welcomed a fresh start with a new organization.

“I knew the Islanders were a very good organization and that they will be a strong team this season,” Brisebois said a few days after being dealt to the Islanders. “I was surprised but really happy.”

News of the trade broke on the day of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League draft, being held in Charlottetown on June 4. The Islanders sent 19-year-old defenseman Luc Deschenes, a second round pick in 2017 and a first round pick in 2018 to the Titan.

In return, they received Brisebois, as well as 19-year-old defenceman Jake Barter.

When the trade was announced, Islanders forward Daniel Sprong was quick to welcome Brisebois to the organization.

Brisebois and Sprong first became familiar with each other at the QMJHL combine.

“I’ve known Daniel since we were 15-years-old. We’ve played against each other and I look forward to playing alongside him. Daniel and I have a good relationship,” Brisebois said.

Brisebois will turn 19-years-old on July 21. This upcoming season will be his fourth full season in the QMJHL. He has played all of his 175 regular season games with the Titan, putting up 17 goals and 56 assists for a total of 73 points.

In nine QMJHL playoff games, Brisebois has one goal and four assists. He was the Titan’s captain for the past two seasons.

He has also competed for Team Canada at both the under-17 and under-18 levels, and was a part of team QMJHL in the CHL Canada/Russia Series in both 2014 and 2015.

In 2015, Brisebois was drafted by the Vancouver Canucks in the third round, going 66th overall.

Brisebois will log plenty of minutes on the Islanders back end this season as they look to improve on last season’s second round playoff loss to the Shawinigan Cataractes. Guillaume says he welcomes the challenge on the ice and also hopes he can help the team off the ice.

“I hope to bring leadership to the Islanders this season and give 100% every game. I’m really looking forward to the upcoming season in Charlottetown.”

Written By: Cudmore, Darcy

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, wshdrvvn said:

I thought that was kinda weird too.  I think he meant he was surprised to see he was traded to a strong team maybe?

Yeah maybe that's it. Not reading too much into it obviously.  Just thought it was an odd thing to day. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Yeah maybe that's it. Not reading too much into it obviously.  Just thought it was an odd thing to day. 

Was thinking exactly this. I guess that's what you get when you interview 18 year olds

5 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Not everyone is a gudbranson i guess. My god. Did you hear that interview? 

Gudbranson's? He's already my favourite player on this team with that last interview.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

The best interview ive ever heard. Carries himself like a 40 year old vet. I want to be his best friend. 

Just from those little highlights I read I liked him. I liked him as a member of TC at the WJC, too. I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a new acquisition, not counting our own prospects.

• Upvote 1