The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

On June 15, 2016 at 8:13 AM, Gooseberries said:

The best interview ive ever heard. Carries himself like a 40 year old vet. I want to be his best friend. 

There's 2 now, one on tsn 1200 too. He's unreal lol. You feel like your listening to the greatest hockey player of all time when he opens his mouth. I can see why Willie and Lou lost their minds over this. I'm absolutely in love with the guy already. Give him the C.

5 hours ago, TheSnipeshow91 said:

Good for Brisebois! Hoping he can make the WJC team!

Yeah, Great that he was invited to camp. There are 44 guys invited for a total of 22 spots. There are 14 Ds for 7 or 8 spots, so it will not be easy to make the team. Chychrun, Bean, and Fabbro will of course be there, along with a bunch of previously drafted guys. It is pretty good for a 3rd round pick to even get this far, so he looks like a solid pick by Benning. (Once again, too bad Benning has not given himself more draft picks to work with.)

Of course Dubois and Jost are invited and, I would assume, are locks to make the team. Most of us are expecting Dubois to be drafted by the Canucks (and will breathe more easily if and when that happens). But trading down and getting Jost is a possibility, albeit not likely. Trading down and getting Chychrun or even Bean or Fabbro is more likely. But is still looks like Dubois at #5 is by far the most likely outcome. Too bad we can't get Dubois AND someone like Jost, Bean or Fabbro. 

Edited by JamesB
  • Upvote 2

He'll have a tough time beating out Chychrun, Bean, Fabbro, Chabot, and Roy. Most likely he'll be competing for an extra spot.

Jake Bean, Calgary (WHL), 2016 draft eligible; Guillaume Brisebois, Acadie-Bathurst (QMJHL), Vancouver; Thomas Chabot, Saint John (QMJHL), Ottawa; Jakob Chychrun, Sarnia (OHL), 2016 draft eligible; Dante Fabbro, Penticton (BCHL), 2016 draft eligible; Cal Foote, Kelowna (WHL), 2017 draft eligible; Samuel Girard, Shawinigan (QMJHL), 2016 draft eligible; Connor Hobbs, Regina (WHL), Washington; Noah Juulsen, Everett (WHL), Montreal; Jeremy Lauzon, Rouyn-Noranda (QMJHL), Boston; Philippe Myers, Rouyn-Noranda (QMJHL), Philadelphia; Jeremy Roy, Sherbrooke (QMJHL), San Jose; Matthew Spencer, Peterborough (OHL), Tampa Bay; Mitchell Vande Sompel, Oshawa (OHL), N.Y. Islanders

Lauzon, Juulsen and Chabot will likely be locks as they were in the mix last year for a spot. After that I think Phillips Myers gets a spot, he has had a stellar year. The rest of them will likely fight for the other spots. It's going to be tough for Breeze but you never know. I don't seem him making it but I hope he can at least make it tough on the selectors.

Edited by Toews

4 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

what a find by Benning, my gawsh...... not to mention he plays in a kinda no name team, a bad team, and still got a invitation, its really remarkable.

yup, I like him a lot, seems like a real character guy.

he just got traded to a slightly better team who feel like “We think we’ve just acquired arguably one of the top-five defencemen in the league”

perhaps by Christmastime he will have continued to improve his stock to the point that WJC is a no-brainer...here's hoping!

No matter what happens this is great experience for breeze, and hopefully now that he's on a more competitive team and the prospect of world Jr's well see a real fire under him this season. Not that he wasn't trying before, seems like a real character guy but is nice to see him get rewarded with better opportunities.

14 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

what a find by Benning, my gawsh...... not to mention he plays in a kinda no name team, a bad team, and still got a invitation, its really remarkable.

That's what they said about Corrado :lol:

Very happy for Brisebois nonetheless but let's not get carried away.

Edited by SamJamIam
  • Upvote 2

JIm Benning looking very good through 2 drafts so far, Virtanen, McCann(although traded he is going to be a pretty decent player too) Tryamkin,(he is already looking like a top 4) Demko, Boeser (future 1st line winger for Vancouver) and now brisebois who got an invitation for team Canada, which is an accomplishment itself. Future Chris Tanev.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

JIm Benning looking very good through 2 drafts so far, Virtanen, McCann(although traded he is going to be a pretty decent player too) Tryamkin,(he is already looking like a top 4) Demko, Boeser (future 1st line winger for Vancouver) and now brisebois who got an invitation for team Canada, which is an accomplishment itself. Future Chris Tanev.

Corrado was also invited to the WJC camp in 2012  .....  just saying

47 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Also a steal of a pick considered he was chosen 150th overall.

Yeah, How many times do we hear players talk about don't get too high or too low..... a little advise many posters should listen to. They're slotting this kid in to a top 4 position. Let's just see how he does before he's appointed the next one

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Yeah, How many times do we hear players talk about don't get too high or too low..... a little advise many posters should listen to. They're slotting this kid in to a top 4 position. Let's just see how he does before he's appointed the next one

Oh for sure. But of all the Canadian defenseman chosen in the third round not many even get a sniff at the world jr team. He's headed in the right direction from what i can see. Thats the second step to becoming a top 4 defenseman. Now we wait to see if he can continuously improve his all around game. 

Also where do you see posters slotting him in any top 4?

Edited by Gooseberries
  • Upvote 2

For a 3rd rounder, the WJC is an amazing accomplishment. Add on the fact that he apparently is the Dman version of Horvat, in the way he speaks, and I think we got something. Of course, only time will tell.