The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

24 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He will develop.He needs to work his way through the system. I see him in Utica next year. Possibly two years in Utica should have him ready for pro hockey.

Yup.  Lots of top d spend seasons in the A developing.  Duncan Keith for one.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Lots of top d spend seasons in the A developing.  Duncan Keith for one.

One interesting comparison I don't see much of is between Keith and Hutton. At the same ages, they performed similarly. 

Hutton will never be as mean as Keith, but he might be as good a puck mover.

Beisebois I see as a more offensively minded Tanev. That said, I don't think he'll be a big point producer.

Maybe I chose the wrong word Defensemen in particular need ice in their veins What I meant was more involved quick to react and a desire to be involved.  That's what I heard from JB. It's like the game was passing him by ...insufficient involvement. I was kind of shocked when JB said that.

Brisebois with an excellent heads up goal tonight vs Calgary. Read the play, saw the ice open up, jumped the play, got the pass and buried it.

...really like him, a top 5 fav Canucks prospect for me. Underrated fella, been stuck on a mediocre junior team but has a ton of skill. All around 2way game and hopefully his trade will give him a bigger spotlight to shine upon this upcoming season :) 

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Man one game and he becomes Bobby Orr  :lol:

That's Stecher's thunder, and Frank Corrado's before!  Don't you steal that from him!  :frantic:
(He did score a nice goal last night on Elliott lol)

Edited by Phil_314

1 hour ago, stawns said:

thought he looked real good last night, goal aside.

His partner Tanev was disappointing. Didn't do too good on the PP and he made some really puzzling passes that put Brisebois in an awkward position. 

Brisebois impressed me with where he is at in his development. He looked better physically, and was much stronger on the puck. He played very well rounded for his second pro camp.

Excited to see what he can do on a good Islanders team this year. He jumped right in to the top pair in his first game.