The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

1 minute ago, Harvey Spector said:

Brisebois is gonna be a beauty.  Top 4 defenceman.  Utica is gonna be loaded with quality D next year.  Brisebois, Olson, Neill, Subban (maybe).  Demko in goal.  Zhukenov up front.  Utica will be a powerhouse next year and will finally be showcasing Benning's picks for the last 3 years.  Remember Benning's first draft was 2014, so the mid and late round picks are still playing in junior.  But they will start playing in Utica as of next year so we finally get to see these guys as pros.  Should be exciting.

Of course the big guns will hopefully be on the Canucks roster, Virtanen, Boeser and Juolevi.  I think next year is when we will finally see the fruits of JB's labour all coming together.  He will have many of his draft picks either on the Canucks roster or in Utica.  Good times are ahead.  Just be patient...

Good post HS.  Too bad Our farm team wasn't here.  I would like to see them play.  I bet they would get 10,000 plus if they were in the Colloseum, especially with all those young guys.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Good post HS.  Too bad Our farm team wasn't here.  I would like to see them play.  I bet they would get 10,000 plus if they were in the Colloseum, especially with all those young guys.

Yeah I wouldn't doubt that.  At least 7,000-8,000 for sure.  Utica is strategic though because we are out east so often on road trips, but yeah it would be nice to have the farm team in our own back yard so we can go watch them live.

8 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Brisebois is gonna be a beauty.  Top 4 defenceman.  Utica is gonna be loaded with quality D next year.  Brisebois, Olson, Neill, Subban (maybe).  Demko in goal.  Zhukenov up front.  Utica will be a powerhouse next year and will finally be showcasing Benning's picks for the last 3 years.  Remember Benning's first draft was 2014, so the mid and late round picks are still playing in junior.  But they will start playing in Utica as of next year so we finally get to see these guys as pros.  Should be exciting.

Of course the big guns will hopefully be on the Canucks roster, Virtanen, Boeser and Juolevi.  I think next year is when we will finally see the fruits of JB's labour all coming together.  He will have many of his draft picks either on the Canucks roster or in Utica.  Good times are ahead.  Just be patient...

Defense will definitely be loaded with Neil, Olsen and Briesbois making the jump.

I'd bet that Juolevi will be in Utica as well. We're too deep on d for him to crack the lineup and it's a great thing for our team and his development. I'm so sick of seeing our prospects make the team too early and struggle becuase we have no depth. Give Juolevi a full year in the AHL and he'll have had 2 full summers to hit the gym and get stronger and more ready for the NHL. 

That will be 4 solid d prospects with Utica. Juolevi, Briesbois, Neil and Olson. With that many guys I wonder if Olson woils make the team. He sure looked shaky during prospects camp. Either way it's looking good for our defense moving forward thats for sure. If one of Briesbois, Neil or Olson come in and surprise and look like they could be a top 4 NHL defenseman than we're going to be hilariously deep with our defensive core.

Excited to see what Benning can do now that he's shifted his focus to improving the forward core. It's pretty dismal right now.

2 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Defense will definitely be loaded with Neil, Olsen and Briesbois making the jump.

I'd bet that Juolevi will be in Utica as well. We're too deep on d for him to crack the lineup and it's a great thing for our team and his development. I'm so sick of seeing our prospects make the team too early and struggle becuase we have no depth. Give Juolevi a full year in the AHL and he'll have had 2 full summers to hit the gym and get stronger and more ready for the NHL. 

That will be 4 solid d prospects with Utica. Juolevi, Briesbois, Neil and Olson. With that many guys I wonder if Olson woils make the team. He sure looked shaky during prospects camp. Either way it's looking good for our defense moving forward thats for sure. If one of Briesbois, Neil or Olson come in and surprise and look like they could be a top 4 NHL defenseman than we're going to be hilariously deep with our defensive core.

Excited to see what Benning can do now that he's shifted his focus to improving the forward core. It's pretty dismal right now.

Juolevi can't play in Utica next year as he will only be 19.  It's either the big club or London...

7 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Dylan Strome, Pierre-Luc Dubois and Nolan Patrick down the middle...  :o

That team looks like a powerhouse...

Don't forget Barzal as well!

I'm really looking forward to watching Canada this year. I always love watching the world juniors, but last year was painful as the Canadian team was clearly much weaker than in recent years (I think the team might have missed McDavid a bit :lol:). The only upside (at the time) was getting to dream about picking Puljujaarvi or Laine in the draft.

Here's hoping we get to cheer on Brisebois at this tournament, and maybe a future Canuck in Patrick as well!

Just now, NotJaredMcCann said:

Don't forget Barzal as well!

I'm really looking forward to watching Canada this year. I always love watching the world juniors, but last year was painful as the Canadian team was clearly much weaker than in recent years (I think the team might have missed McDavid a bit :lol:). The only upside (at the time) was getting to dream about picking Puljujaarvi or Laine in the draft.

Here's hoping we get to cheer on Brisebois at this tournament, and maybe a future Canuck in Patrick as well!

Yeah I forgot about him.  They'll probably play Dubois on the wing with Strome...  :o

35 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

I'm hoping Lockwood goes pro and joins them in Utica as well.

Then maybe we'll hear less whining from @LaBamba about how 'Benning hasn't fixed Utica' yet :P

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Then maybe we'll hear less whining from @LaBamba about how 'Benning hasn't fixed Utica' yet :P

Speaking of @LaBamba is he a mod yet?  We don't wanna piss him off if he is.  You know those oil guys are very sensitive to critic...  B)

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Etem, McCann, Forsling would all help Utica a lot right now. But nothing is ever JB's fault. 

5 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Speaking of @LaBamba is he a mod yet?  We don't wanna piss him off if he is.  You know those oil guys are very sensitive to critic...  B)

Not happening, they are too afraid of the movement. 

#protecttheheels

#labamba2016

10 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Etem, McCann, Forsling would all help Utica a lot right now. But nothing is ever JB's fault. 

#protecttheheels

#labamba2016

Etem, probably, but now that they've wisely sent Virtanen down, it's less of a 'loss' IMO. Rather have Gudbranson and Sutter moving forward. McCann was largely replaced by Lockwood anyhow, Forsling by Stetcher. PLus they already have Subban...you just have to be a bit more patient.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

#protecttheheels

#labamba2016

Etem was claimed on waivers on his way down to Utica.

McCann was traded, would have been on the Canucks roster if he wasn't

Forsling is in the NHL right now. Traded for a player that was closer to NHL ready, who is currently playing in the NHL as well.

How exactly are they even relevant to your argument?

Megna and Chaput could all help Utica a lot right now, but they are too busy filling in for injuries

Utica was in the finals like 2 seasons ago and AHL teams usually swing up and down way more than NHL teams do

Edited by DeltaSwede
  • Upvote 1

Just now, J.R. said:

Etem, probably, but now that they've wisely sent Virtanen down, it's less of a 'loss' IMO. Rather have Gudbranson and Sutter moving forward. McCann was largely replaced by Lockwood anyhow, Forsling by Stetcher. PLus they already have Subban...you just have to be a bit more patient.

If you honestly think Clendidnothing was the deciding factor in acquiring Sutter than your homerism is incurable. Say it with me. Jim Benning made a mistake. 

1 minute ago, DeltaSwede said:

McCann was traded, would have been in the NHL if he wasn't

Forsling is in the NHL right now. Traded for a player that was closer to NHL ready who is currently playing in the NHL as well.

Utica was in the finals... 

Etem was then put on waivers by the Ducks and not claimed. If we claimed him, we could have sent him directly to Utica.

2 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

McCann was traded, would have been in the NHL if he wasn't

Forsling is in the NHL right now. Traded for a player that was closer to NHL ready who is currently playing in the NHL as well.

Utica was in the finals... 

Etem could have been reclaimed and immediately sent down to Utica. The rest of those moves didn't need to happen. 

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

If you honestly think Clendidnothing was the deciding factor in acquiring Sutter than your homerism is incurable. Say it with me. Jim Benning made a mistake. 

He was part of the trade that got us Sutter there LaStrawman.

Just now, Bigturk8 said:

Etem was then put on waivers by the Ducks and not claimed. If we claimed him, we could have sent him directly to Utica.

Sometimes a chapter comes to an end and you move on to the next one. Etem was done in Vancouver when Anaheim claimed him.

You want the Canucks to claim Corrado if the Leafs decide to actually do something with him? 

• Upvote 1