The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

Sucks we won't get to see him compete on the national stage, but it says a lot that he even made it that far. Maybe he'll take a page out of a former Canucks playbook and have extra fire under his ass the rest of the season.

Mikael Samuelsson was left off the roster of Team Sweden’s Olympic Ice Hockey team and was pissed off to say the least. “I pretty much have one comment and maybe I’ll regret it. But they can go f--- themselves,” said Samuelsson.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Breeze gave it a helluva a shot, it looks like. Good for him, he was up against it to make that team.

This.

Great to see he got such high recognition making it to the final wave of cuts. 

...prospect pool is looking very bright. Specifically love this aspect that JB has been able to improve on. These mid-late round picks are looking more and more like steals. Very pleasing from an organizational stand point. Just hope a fair chunk of them can translate to the NHL level; that's really all there is left and what separates great scouts from the rest - being able to draft them in the first place, and then successfully transitioning them. As it stands, JB has knocked the 1st part of that out of the park and the 2nd remains to be unseen due to time.

11 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

I'd rather team canada have the best opportunity to win...

So you're saying that Brisebois 100% does not give them a better chance to win than any of the other defenceman on the team?

That's fine, just don't think it is as cut and dry as that. That's like basically saying, your glad Boeser is not playing because it gives Canada the best opportunity to win no?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Derp... said:

So you're saying that Brisebois 100% does not give them a better chance to win than any of the other defenceman on the team?

That's fine, just don't think it is as cut and dry as that. That's like basically saying, your glad Boeser is not playing because it gives Canada the best opportunity to win no?

He literally did not say the former. And what he said is not basically saying the latter.

Do you even English?

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Derp... said:

So what did he say then in regards to Brisebois? Show me the English!

He said TEAM CANADA handpicked the best roster they saw fit for the tournament. If you take out one of the players they chose to keep for one they chose to cut, you're hypothetically weakening the roster.. regardless of performance.

TL;DR: Team Canada's Opinion > Your Opinion.

• Upvote 3