The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

1 hour ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Excited for GB to be THE MAN down in Utica this year. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people this year and become one of our best prospects. 

I think the added structure of a professional league might really help him thrive. A pairing of him and Subban could be fun.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, dpn1 said:

Is his offensive side good enough for him to be a PP guy in the NHL in a few years?

I would hesitantly say no, he won't be a PP guy.  I see him as a #3 or #4 d-man at the very best which isn't knocking him, as every team needs those guys to be successful.  CDC needs to be realistic with this prospect.  Be as unrealistic as you want with Subban, but we need guys like Breeze-by to develop properly and make it to the NHL in order to be successful as a franchise. 

• Upvote 2

Who will be on the Comets defense this season other than GB & JS?  Also, if GB played out of this world at camp would the Canucks make room for him?  I know this may not be realistic but just a fun thought.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
8 hours ago, OneSeventeen said:

Does anyone have an update on this guy? How has he been for Utica?

Read something that had Trent Cull talking about how great him and Chatfield have been for the Comets. Both have just been rock solid and really impressive for first year pro's. 

That's all I got

• Upvote 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Guillaume Brisebois | D
  • 3 months later...

I'm glad to hear the praise he's been getting down in Utica. I expected a slow start for him in the AHL and then a much better second half of the season, but it sounds like he's been great after the first month or so. He's got the IQ to be a NHL level defenseman eventually and hopefully we give him as much developmental time as he needs.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Thats a big shot! Good to see him get another goal. Decent numbers for a rookie pro season, is good defensively and physical. Im looking forward to seeing what he can do next year

Always talk about prospects being developed the right way. All you have to do is look at the Utica d-core with Brisbois, Chatfield, Holm, Sautner and McEnen. Holm is 27 but the others are still quite young. Pretty impressive the way this group is moving the Comets up the standings.   

48 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Always talk about prospects being developed the right way. All you have to do is look at the Utica d-core with Brisbois, Chatfield, Holm, Sautner and McEnen. Holm is 27 but the others are still quite young. Pretty impressive the way this group is moving the Comets up the standings.   

Ya exactly and we might just add Juolevi to that group for the start of next year. 

Juolevi-Chatfield

Brisebois-Sautner

Is a pretty solid top 4 down there.

Wont be surprised to see McEneny and Holm up in the bigs next year. Whether thats with us or another team claims them.

Edler- Guddy or Tanev(prefer)

Del Zotto- Stetcher

Holm/McEneny-Biega/UFA

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching the Comets games last night and tonight and have been very impressed with GB.  As he puts on a little muscle I think he could be a #2 or #3 defenseman.  He may even be ready next year for some NHL games.