The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

You said it. These guys are the worst Jackals of the Vancouver media. It's like they decided to try and out-dork each other.

"Jackals"...lol...you have a way with words Alf.   Its true.  I dont know who is worse, Patterson or Botch. Patterson is like a vulture. Botch is like a cheap tabloid.  Its funny hearing them make projections about players.  Like  Botch saying "if all things go well Jett Woo projects to be a bottom pair D man".  How the hell does he make these predictions out of his arse?  The sad thing is there is a segment of the fan base that cite these jokers as if they are authorities.  Goto HFBoards and they quote Botch like he is scotty bowman.  

I guess when you work in a market where there are more than 1 all day sports radio stations, and multiple guys are trying to carve out a career on twitter/blogs/websites..you have to do something to standout.  Only positive thing about these two twits might be that they have a bit of personality, more than what I can say for a stiff like JD Burke.

Edited by Darius71
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

I would like to say that I see Brisebois as a promising young d man.  Not as a Joulevi or Hughes.  But a smooth skating puck moving d man with size and a conservative game. He had a solid first season of pro last year, may get some call ups this year coming, and will probably challenge for a 6, 7 or 8 spot the following year.  We will see if he ever progresses to an NHL regular or top 4 d man.  The jury is still out.  But a solid pick he has been and steady progression we have seen.  

• Upvote 3
14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Not even going to watch those two idiots video.

Brisebois has Tanev like upside IMO. Tanev wasn't a very exciting looking of a prospect at 19-20 years old either.

Yeah I see him as a good complementary piece. Hoping he strings together a few good seasons in the AHL.

6 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

As a CDCer who was not as anti Botchford as many here are, make room, I'm now all aboard ! Their juvenile 'joking' about the pronunciation of Brisebois is beyond pathetic !

I thought their whole piece was condescending and almost bordering on being racist. Two hacks stroking each other off.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

I thought their whole piece was condescending and almost bordering on being racist. Two hacks stroking each other off.

If there's one thing in greatful for, its CDC steering me clear of butcher's articles.

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, aGENT said:

Not even going to watch those two idiots video.

Brisebois has Tanev like upside IMO. Tanev wasn't a very exciting looking of a prospect at 19-20 years old either.

"Tanev-like upside" makes a D-man incredibly valuable. If Breezy Boi can become that, our defence looks rock solid.

• Upvote 4
10 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Speaking of Breeze-bah:

Pretty impressive to indicate he could play NHL games after just one pro year.  Sure take his word over those two heehawing donkeys.

We'd have to see an AWFUL lot of movement to fit him in, especially with Juolevi and Hughes also pushing for spots but next year's going to be interesting. I have a feeling some of these guys will need to play right side.

24 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We'd have to see an AWFUL lot of movement to fit him in, especially with Juolevi and Hughes also pushing for spots but next year's going to be interesting. I have a feeling some of these guys will need to play right side.

Brisebois is much more NHL ready then Hughes or Juolevi. Juolevi just had back surgery this summer. 

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Brisebois is much more NHL ready then Hughes or Juolevi. Juolevi just had back surgery this summer. 

I'm glad to hear such positive reviews of Brisebois.  Each time I watched the Comets, I was quite underwhelmed by his play.  I guess he's one of those D men, who does all the important things well, but (in no way) stands out.  It's hard to notice those guys on TV.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Speaking of Breeze-bah:

Pretty impressive to indicate he could play NHL games after just one pro year.  Sure take his word over those two heehawing donkeys.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

35 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm glad to hear such positive reviews of Brisebois.  Each time I watched the Comets, I was quite underwhelmed by his play.  I guess he's one of those D men, who does all the important things well, but (in no way) stands out.  It's hard to notice those guys on TV.

Any time I’ve watched Brisboise he has an eye on the puck and an eye on his opponents chest.. his development last year should get him to show this year with injuries permitting. 

I liked Sautner’s showing, and I think we will all be enthusiastic about Brisboise’s game once he gets to “show”.

JB is creating the time and space for prospects to develop into the best player they can be and be ready at the right “physical and mental” age for NHL, and  to not feel overwhelmed doing so.

Finally a strong farm system will be showing its strengths and support by the end of this next season.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Speaking of Breeze-bah:

I'm not a botchford or paterson fan, but I feel like the deeply-entrenched canucks beat reporters would have a better idea on a player than a guy on the other side of the country who literally just said that he'd seen that player a whopping 2 times. 

• Upvote 1