Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D


Recommended Posts

On 9/21/2018 at 9:23 AM, rekker said:

The kid is carrying on from his strong performance in Penticton. He is on track to becoming an NHLer which looks like another successful pick by GMJB.

...I just realized I plussed you and your post was from Sept 21...i'm a bit behind haha. But he has been looking good again this season with the Comets. Liking the Joulevi and Chatfield pairing too!

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

...I just realized I plussed you and your post was from Sept 21...i'm a bit behind haha. But he has been looking good again this season with the Comets too. Liking the Joulevi and Chatfield pairing too!

Thanks for the updates!

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

I haven't watched any Utica games this year but this comes as a surprise to me. So much so that I wondered if this was a JB burner account :lol:

 

Guillaume Brisbois, their crown jewel! I hope the guy pans out. He's the sad spawn of Eddie Lack. I miss the old days. Eddie backing up Lu, it was all fun and games. Then Lu gets traded, then Lack gets traded in a Lack-luster deal that CDC speculated over for what seemed like forever. What are we left with? Guillaume Brisbois. Management has talked him up for a few years now but his play on the ice hasn't seem to warrant it. Hopefully he's turned the corner because I've already passed him over as a player for us moving forward. If he ends up being anything more than a # 6 then that's a pretty good pick by JB.

What on earth are you talking about man lol. His game has progressed impressively since draft day, he's quietly become one of our best D prospects lol.

His play on the ice hasn't warranted managements praise? I beg to differ. They have said he looks solid, he has played solid. I think it makes sense. Lol

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, aGENT said:

 

I don't think anybody is declaring him a 'crown jewel'. But the kid has something like a Tanev-esque (maybe Tanev-light) ceiling. Ain't nothing wrong with that for a 3rd rounder.

He made some attacking plays in his last game that are a lot more than ‘Tanevesque’.  We’ll see.  Both he and the season are young.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cyoung said:

What on earth are you talking about man lol. His game has progressed impressively since draft day, he's quietly become one of our best D prospects lol.

His play on the ice hasn't warranted managements praise? I beg to differ. They have said he looks solid, he has played solid. I think it makes sense. Lol

Where exactly do you think Brisbois ranks amongst Comets defenders? 4th? 5th? Let's temper our expectations a little.

Edited by VIC_CITY
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Where exactly do you think Brisbois ranks amongst Comets defenders? 4th? 5th? Let's temper our expectations a little.

Brisebois is stuck in the middle of some NHL ready depth. LD is probably our deepest asset. I put Sautner as top of that depth, McEneny ( needs time to get up to speed ) next with Juolevi and Brisebois a tiny step behind. All could play in the NHL now and not look out of place. These players are on a par with Pouliot and Hutton. Most of our LD falls into the 3rd pairing range ( include MDZ ). Brisebois and Juolevi will both rise above the 3rd pairing level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Where exactly do you think Brisbois ranks amongst Comets defenders? 4th? 5th? Let's temper our expectations a little.

My expectations are that he challenges a top 6 spot in 2-3 years. Don't think it's too outlandish. He's top 4 in Utica right now, and playing good hockey. I'm patient. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, cyoung said:

My expectations are that he challenges a top 6 spot in 2-3 years. Don't think it's too outlandish. He's top 4 in Utica right now, and playing good hockey. I'm patient. 

In a few years time, I can see Botch and JPat dropping F-bombs on the Patcast complaining about why “Breeze-bah” isn’t getting more icetime, criticizing Green and Benning for not using him properly, citing his sparkling fancy stats, and acting like they were both Breezer fans before it was cool.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Autocorrect
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

In a few years time, I can see Botch and JPat dropping F-bombs on the Patcast complaining about why “Breeze-bah” isn’t getting more icetime, criticizing Green and Benning for not using him properly, citing his sparkling fancy stats, and acting like they were both Breezer fans before it was cool.

Hahaha the inevitable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool. Now all those media morons, who have never watched a minute of him play, can actually watch him skate. Breezebah is a good player and it's his 2nd year of pro. After 3 years of pro a bunch of these young guys are going to look great. There's too much expectation for our newest prospects. Some guys are 9 games into a 76 game schedule and there is a ton of criticism of their usage. I prefer the slow and steady Detroit model. Guillaume is a perfect example of why it's necessary.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Don’t be surprised to see GB look as good as or better than Hutton.. this is direct competition at its best!

 

I’m a big Brisebois fan because he has progresses so much this year, but you are not looking at the same Hutton as last year.  Hutton is much improved this year and is getting bigger minutes as a consequence.  Brisebois has to demonstrate firstly that he is good enough to fill for an injured player, then perhaps be better than someone else on the left side.  If Hutton keeps up his level of play, it is unlikely to be him.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I’m a big Brisebois fan because he has progresses so much this year, but you are not looking at the same Hutton as last year.  Hutton is much improved this year and is getting bigger minutes as a consequence.  Brisebois has to demonstrate firstly that he is good enough to fill for an injured player, then perhaps be better than someone else on the left side.  If Hutton keeps up his level of play, it is unlikely to be him.

Some fans call for the same development approach that Hutton got. Throw him into the NHL before refining his pro game in the AHL. Hutton appears to have recovered his game to a better place. He has better size and understands his d-zone better. Last year fans wanted Hutton waived since his 'trade value' was non-existant. Brisbois can play his 2nd pro year in Utica and start getting NHL callups. This is the way to develop these kids. Whether he plays NHL or not should not be based on the Canuck NHL standings but on where his game is. Give him 3 - 4 games and send him down to work on what he saw. Call up Chatfield, Sauntner, Joulevi and maybe even McEney and do the same thing. In 2 years we can hope that we will have 2 - 3 NHL d-men out of the group. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...