The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why has Brise never been a sexier topic?   Having a great year playing with Rafferty as Tanev of the pair.  Smooth skating cool defenceman with a great first pass.  Not sure why this guy who is not getting hemmed in his own zone is not seen as one of the future solutions to the issues we are having at times this season on the big club.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

Why has Brise never been a sexier topic?   Having a great year playing with Rafferty as Tanev of the pair.  Smooth skating cool defenceman with a great first pass.  Not sure why this guy who is not getting hemmed in his own zone is not seen as one of the future solutions to the issues we are having at times this season on the big club.  

Because prospects or players without apparent flaws are not fun to whinge about

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, TGT68 said:

Points, it's all about the points. +/- when the points don't fit their argument.

The reality is defensive players never get the limelight despite their importance.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, TGT68 said:

He's always been on my list of players who would graduate to the big club.  He's going to be a solid NHL'er, imo.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Tanev 2.0?  

He can play the right side, at least he did in the QMJHL.  

He’s a solid D, and could give more offence than he does, but that is not the role carved out for him and probably not the role he would get should he get another NHL shot.  Very sound defensively, good but not great skater, and decent size. It is not out of the way to see him as a number 6 or 7 in the NHL. When Fantenburg was sent down to Utica one got to compare them, not a ton of difference, more a difference of emphasis. Fantenburg made for a strong AHLer, but then so does Brisebois.

13 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

He’s a solid D, and could give more offence than he does, but that is not the role carved out for him and probably not the role he would get should he get another NHL shot.  Very sound defensively, good but not great skater, and decent size. It is not out of the way to see him as a number 6 or 7 in the NHL. When Fantenburg was sent down to Utica one got to compare them, not a ton of difference, more a difference of emphasis. Fantenburg made for a strong AHLer, but then so does Brisebois.

Interesting he and Chatfield are like the forgotten men in Vcrs plans. The couple of times I saw Brisebois he didn't look strong on the puck and could be stripped of it by a stronger NHL player

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
41 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I'm glad they're recognizing actual defensive achievements for a defensive award rather than simply just looking at the best offensive numbers. Well deserved.

I like this kid a lot. He's ready for a 6/7 spot next season, and with the cap crunch will be great value. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I like this kid a lot. He's ready for a 6/7 spot next season, and with the cap crunch will be great value. 

He's also no longer waiver exempt next season.  

• Vintage 1

15 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I'm glad they're recognizing actual defensive achievements for a defensive award rather than simply just looking at the best offensive numbers. Well deserved.

He's a good skater, heads up player.  I see a lot of potential in him.

• Cheers 2