The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it possible Montreal is interested in Brezzer?  Just curious about what his value would be if Montreal was interested (we have a lot of young, good left dmen)?

2 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Is it possible Montreal is interested in Brezzer?  Just curious about what his value would be if Montreal was interested (we have a lot of young, good left dmen)?

late pick or longshot prospect at most. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thought Brisebois had a rough game against the Maple Leafs, looked very lost on the ice in particular in the defensive zone, saw him looking around a lot. Perhaps it was unfamiliarity with his teammates and the system, but he looked like was a fish out of water.

Got walked a few times on the outside, gap control is too laxed, looked a bit too passive in his own end, and positionally looked out of sorts. Throught he really struggled in the first half of the game. However, it seemed like once Edler left the game, Breezer was able to calm himself and started playing more to his strengths of good reads, simple outlet passes, and calming effect defensively.

I still believe in Guillaume to develop into a nice depth dman, but the clock is ticking. The criticism for him last season was that he needed to close his gaps quicker and be more assertive in his own end, he tends to be too passive defensively. I've watched his games though last year, he really settled down Brogan Rafferty, who was an absolute circus defensively.  Hope he gets another kick at the can, last game wasn't a true reflection of Guillaume's strengths, but part of me also wonders if he struggles a lot with the game speed aspect.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Upvote 1

CapFriendly has Brisebois sent to the minors.  Per the AHL transaction page Brisebois has been added to Utica and not Laval.

• Thanks 1

Yeah - he only had the 3 or 4 games with Laval beforemhe was recalled.  Last notice I saw was that he had been assigned to the taxi squad along with Graovac.  But you are right, Capfriendly has him in the minors.

As an aside, how can Vancouver have 8 players on the taxi squad?  I thought it was limited to 5 skaters plus a goalie, or 6 skaters if the roster had 3 goalies on it.  Our squad has 6 skaters plus 2 goalies. Everyone has now cleared covid.

23 hours ago, mll said:

CapFriendly has Brisebois sent to the minors.  Per the AHL transaction page Brisebois has been added to Utica and not Laval.

Probably because we called up Rathbone

4 minutes ago, CR7 said:

With a Edler back and Bowey ready to go, I could see Rathbone joining Utica pretty shortly. 

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

With a Edler back and Bowey ready to go, I could see Rathbone joining Utica pretty shortly. 

Or Juolevi back to the taxi squad.  Wasn't he the emergency callup?

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Or Juolevi back to the taxi squad.  Wasn't he the emergency callup?

Capfriendly said on twitter he was promoted to the active roster(and various sites are reporting it as that). On the capfriendly site it says he is an emergency loan? Could be a typo. 

I would be surprised to see OJ sit for Rathbone at this point in their careers.

3 hours ago, CR7 said:

Yeah, we are short of left shooting D in Utica - we only have Teves and have been using right shot Eliot on the left side. Having Brisebois there will help solidify the Comet’s D.