The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bries might not get his shot with the big club as a full time NHLer but he has been consistently solid and reliable for Abby/Utica. Happy that a pick like this at least gives us depth for the farm and reminds me of having Beiga or Baumer on the baby nucks club. Not good enough for full time big club duty but always ready for a 7-8 D call up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Bries might not get his shot with the big club as a full time NHLer but he has been consistently solid and reliable for Abby/Utica. Happy that a pick like this at least gives us depth for the farm and reminds me of having Beiga or Baumer on the baby nucks club. Not good enough for full time big club duty but always ready for a 7-8 D call up. 

I think he's due for a shot. He's been solid in the AHL, is mobile and plays a smart game. He's not flashy but effective. I am surprised he hasn't been given a shot yet tbh. His play is similar to a Tanev but on the left side, and it may be why he's not getting a look, he's just not 'standing out' but still being effective.

24 years old 6'2 probably around 195 now. Should be given a look next season as a #7 I think. Personally rather have him vs Brad Hunt

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Sadly, Bries has shown very little that implies NHL ready defender.  He'll be 25yrs in July, which is getting old for

a rookie prospect.  His AHL record hasn't been all that inspiring as well.  Really hasn't played much hockey over

the past few seasons.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2022 at 4:33 AM, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Briesbois looks like he'll be a solid pro (so I'm happy for him in that respect), but the overall outcome is quite disappointing.

We would have drafted him in the 2nd round too (allegedly) if we had a 2nd rounder in 2015. Yikes.

I think his re-signing; while a bit of a surprise, is his last chance to make an impression that he is NHL ready, or he is likely gone at the end of the upcoming season. He is, after all, just about 25 yrs old. The clock is nearing midnight IMO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

23 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Sorry Breeze, but think this was a wasted move. 

He hasn't developed as hoped, but never hurts to have the depth. He has looked ok filling in on callups. Maybe he's going to be a late bloomer?

Worst case, he spends the season in Abbotsford again, or gets claimed on waivers for depth for another organization.

• Vintage 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Wanted him to get a shot last year over a proven liability like Hunt.  Like his style for a bottom pairing guy and he's been fine in limited action.

Good player, but, doesn't progress the game

• Cheers 1