The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

I've always wondered why this kid has never gotten a sniff at the NHL level. I thought he played a pretty good, safe game last night. He wasn't noticeable, and that's a complement.

His game was noticeable in that he didn’t embarrass himself. This kid has been in our system for many years, glad to see him get NHL pay for a game or two, and glad to see that he helped us.

I, too, have always wondered why Brisebois never got a legitimate look in the NHL. He's been a good pro and has raised the level of his game every year. Maybe some oher team might take an interest in him and give him a shot to play regular minutes. As the philosopher Ringo once sang, you gotta pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues, and you know it don't come easy. Brisebois has paid his dues, so let him sing.

23 hours ago, johngould21 said:

I've always wondered why this kid has never gotten a sniff at the NHL level. I thought he played a pretty good, safe game last night. He wasn't noticeable, and that's a complement.

He's had injury issues. Hopefully he can stay healthy and get his reps in. He plays a steady, stay-at-home game.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

A better question would be why are we paying 8 mil a year for OEL - for 8 mil you don’t expect a barely average player.

7.2 million but your point stands at the moment.  

OEL started out fine but hasn't looked good in the last two games.  He was much better then "barely average" last year.  Him and Myers faced the toughest competition and were one of the best 5 vs 5 D pairings in the league. 

On 10/25/2022 at 6:31 PM, johngould21 said:

He really has not played in very many games in the last 3-4 years, injuries slowed his development down a bit.

I agree though, last game he was moving really well and was very smooth on the ice. Maybe things will start to go his way.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, dpn1 said:

I know from watching him a lot, he wasn't aggressive enough when he was younger but he has really improved in that area as he has gotten older.

I'd agree with that and in addition he never seems to advance the play. He's certainly steady but physicality and offence seems to be holding him back. Saying that he looked good in that last game

• Cheers 1