The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RayCathode said:

I thought Brisebois acquitted himself far better than Stillman on his call up. Stillman is just awful.

I was thinking the very same thing myself why isn't Briesbois up rather than Stillman... who is a disaster, I see no future for Studniicka either. Speaks volumes if we can find no one in Abby better than Studnicka. Is Lockwood that bad ? or even Dowling. How about Lane Pederson be given  run. Personally I think Vcr management/coach are in part shooting themselves in the foot. I guess Studnicka might be picked off the waiver wire and make management look bad, he's a dud. Stillman is subject to the waiver wire to. Not looking good on management is it

Edited by Fred65
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I was thinking the very same thing myself why isn't Briesbois up rather than Stillman... who is a disaster, I see no future for Studniicka either. Speaks volumes if we can find no one in Abby better than Studnicka. Is Lockwood that bad ? or even Dowling. How about Lane Pederson be given  run. Personally I think Vcr management/coach are in part shooting themselves in the foot. I guess Studnicka might be picked off the waiver wire and make management look bad, he's a dud. Stillman is subject to the waiver wire to. Not looking good on management is it

Lockwood hot as the fires in Hades in Abby, coach's favorite player, basically he said that when Lockwood's on the ice Abby has the puck. Intelligence, speed and pressure.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I've liked this kid each and every time he gets a chance to play in the NHL. I hope this is his chance to get a real shot and play in the last 20 games of the season.

Brisebois and Juulsen for me have both been very strong when called upon.  I don't understand why they aren't given more time.  

I would be very comfortable with either or both of them on our bottom pair next year.  We just need Foote and Gonchar to teach OEL and Myers that they are not trying to score, just defend.  They both are trying to be too much, just use your experience, like Schenn, and be in the right place and let the young guys get the points.

Hughes Severson/Mayfield

OEL Hronek

Brisebois Myers

Dermott Juulsen

• Cheers 1

On 10/31/2022 at 2:01 PM, Fred65 said:

Guillaume Brisebois

Sent down to Abby

There were are few Ahl players sent down on paper and then brought back so they can play in AHL playoffs...

Podkolzin, Brisebois, Juulsen are all back with Vancouver.. Raty being only player sent down to stay..

3 hours ago, wildcam said:

There were are few Ahl players sent down on paper and then brought back so they can play in AHL playoffs...

Podkolzin, Brisebois, Juulsen are all back with Vancouver.. Raty being only player sent down to stay..

You realize you’re quoting a post from six months ago, yes?

as for Brisebois, I personally think he’s earned that bottom LD spot behind Hughes and OEL. He has been quietly solid. Nothing flashy but hasn’t hurt the team with his play at all.

• Like 2

Guy deserves to be elevated to current roster no!? Plays a simple game, with the durability issues of Dermott and others GB could be a solid option as a #7 to start next season maybe even make opening night?

Hope we stay away from what many others on here have posted...going after 4-5m LHD, like hello we got 15m tied up in 2 LHD oh and we have no cap space either but ya lets overpay a UFA lhd and what play OEL  and his 7m+ on the 3rd pair come on now!

PK has been better since GB has been on team, unsure how much ice time he averages on the PK could be none could be a decent amount

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Neutral said:

Guy deserves to be elevated to current roster no!? Plays a simple game, with the durability issues of Dermott and others GB could be a solid option as a #7 to start next season maybe even make opening night?

Hope we stay away from what many others on here have posted...going after 4-5m LHD, like hello we got 15m tied up in 2 LHD oh and we have no cap space either but ya lets overpay a UFA lhd and what play OEL  and his 7m+ on the 3rd pair come on now!

PK has been better since GB has been on team, unsure how much ice time he averages on the PK could be none could be a decent amount

Breezer actually has the highest average toi pk at 2:30minutes per game as well as one of the highest defensive zone start at 58% this year. 
Like you said he could be an awesome cheap option for the third left handed d for next season. 
He is solid stable exactly what Canucks need

Edited by mordekai

45 minutes ago, mordekai said:

Breezer actually has the highest average toi pk at 2:30minutes per game as well as one of the highest defensive zone start at 58% this year. 
Like you said he could be an awesome cheap option for the third left handed d for next season. 
He is solid stable exactly what Canucks need

Pretty good underlying numbers too. His relative metrics (events-for percentages, like Corsi, scoring chances, goals, expected goals, etc) are positive straight across the board, both at 5v5 and on the PK. He also owns one of the highest rates of blocked shots per minute at 5v5 and is near the top of the team in both blocked shots and takeaways (per minute) on the PK.

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Pretty good underlying numbers too. His relative metrics (events-for percentages, like Corsi, scoring chances, goals, expected goals, etc) are positive straight across the board, both at 5v5 and on the PK. He also owns one of the highest rates of blocked shots per minute at 5v5 and is near the top of the team in both blocked shots and takeaways (per minute) on the PK.

Did he have to be papered down for Calder playoffs? 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Did he have to be papered down for Calder playoffs? 

I believe he would have to be papered down and wasn't. He will play the rest of the season with Vancouver.

IMO; he is very likely to be qualified and on the Canucks next year as the 3rd or 4th LD.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

on the Canucks next year as the 3rd or 4th LD

I hope so. Seems to be a very steady defender who can kill penalties and is very effective at boxing the opposition out. Skates well, passes well.....

No more Stillman type trades required because we have out guy right here.

• Upvote 1