The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

Such a good steady bottom pairing guy. 

Hope we re-sign him to a multi year deal as he's earned it. Great depth guy for Abby. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Such a good steady bottom pairing guy. 

Hope we re-sign him to a multi year deal as he's earned it. Great depth guy for Abby. 

Depending on who they draft in the 1st round and sign as FA's from the NCAA; I can see him re-signed to a one way contract, if the price and term are right.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 9:12 AM, Kootenay Gold said:

I believe he would have to be papered down and wasn't. He will play the rest of the season with Vancouver.

IMO; he is very likely to be qualified and on the Canucks next year as the 3rd or 4th LD.

Yeah I think they paper downed Podkolzin, Briesbois, Juulsen.  Raty 20, C was only Canuck sent down Abby Friday

On 3/6/2023 at 9:29 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He’s waivers eligible now too, so they might not have wanted to risk a claim.

Canucks have so many D man so there will be some big decisions..Of course cap room will be made..

I would like to see Canucks Target Graves 28 summer, 6'5, 220- stay t home guy, gritty # 4 LD -- UFA  3.3 --3.7 million ?

1. Hughes  23 LD NHL TOP 10 D     2. Hroneck 25 RD - Exciting Top 30 NHL D man    

3. Myers ( Will be traded after 5 million bonus is paid only 1 million owing) 

4. Bear 25 RD  will sign 2.5 X 2 yrs show me more    5. OEL 31 -sorry but we are stuck with this contract 

6.Deremott 26 LD 7. Filip Johansson 23 RD NHL 2023-24-   8.Burroughs 28 LD toughness. 

Sign Graves 28 LD 6'5-220 -

Juulsen 25-- Brisebois 25 - Wolanin 27 - ( -Poolman 29  RD- LTIR )

On 3/7/2023 at 12:12 PM, wildcam said:

Canucks have so many D man so there will be some big decisions..Of course cap room will be made..

I would like to see Canucks Target Graves 28 summer, 6'5, 220- stay t home guy, gritty # 4 LD -- UFA  3.3 --3.7 million ?

1. Hughes  23 LD NHL TOP 10 D     2. Hroneck 25 RD - Exciting Top 30 NHL D man    

3. Myers ( Will be traded after 5 million bonus is paid only 1 million owing) 

4. Bear 25 RD  will sign 2.5 X 2 yrs show me more    5. OEL 31 -sorry but we are stuck with this contract 

6.Deremott 26 LD 7. Filip Johansson 23 RD NHL 2023-24-   8.Burroughs 28 LD toughness. 

Sign Graves 28 LD 6'5-220 -

Juulsen 25-- Brisebois 25 - Wolanin 27 - ( -Poolman 29  RD- LTIR )

Will they qualify Dermott? He'd accept the offer with his injuries. I think they move on.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Hinkil42 said:

Will they qualify Dermott? He'd accept the offer with his injuries. I think they move on.

What did Dermott cost, a 3rd rdr? He has NHL experience. 280 nhl games at 26 is nothing to sneeze at. ,There could be a market for him if they move on. I think the fall camp will decide.

2 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Brisebois is the kind of player that you like to mine in later rounds and develop in your system. To Benning’s credit on the pick, and to the system for developing him. Of course, the majority of the credit goes to Brisebois’s dedication and work ethic. 

Yeah aftr this period of time many if not most have headed to EU. I'm glad Vcr is givig him decent money even if he plays in the AHL.

On 3/9/2023 at 7:12 PM, Hinkil42 said:

I agree I think they will move Dermott now with Hronek and maybe signing Livingstone soon?

Sign Bear and package Dermott still RFA this summer.

8 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Yeah aftr this period of time many if not most have headed to EU. I'm glad Vcr is givig him decent money even if he plays in the AHL.

Well, he’s sure not giving them any reason to send him down, and each game he gets in the show just adds to his experience and gives him a chance to earn the confidence of the coaches and management. A reliable six or seven D that costs what Brisebois costs helps to cover the salaries of your stars. Kind of like what Schenn was for us. Schenn had been a great value for teams in the twilight of his career. I hated to see him go (so did Hughes). But with the right side D we are accumulating, you have to wonder whether we can bring him back. Under Tocchet, and without OEL as a ten ton boat anchor, Myers has played pretty well for us. Then there is Bear and Hronek, and Johansson coming next year. If we manage to sign Livingstone (and with Juulson and Burroughs, we have really built some depth on the right D - the toughest spot in the lineup to fill. All JB managed to do was not retain Forsling and lose Tanev. Gotta give the new management some credit..

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Well, he’s sure not giving them any reason to send him down, and each game he gets in the show just adds to his experience and gives him a chance to earn the confidence of the coaches and management. A reliable six or seven D that costs what Brisebois costs helps to cover the salaries of your stars. Kind of like what Schenn was for us. Schenn had been a great value for teams in the twilight of his career. I hated to see him go (so did Hughes). But with the right side D we are accumulating, you have to wonder whether we can bring him back. Under Tocchet, and without OEL as a ten ton boat anchor, Myers has played pretty well for us. Then there is Bear and Hronek, and Johansson coming next year. If we manage to sign Livingstone (and with Juulson and Burroughs, we have really built some depth on the right D - the toughest spot in the lineup to fill. All JB managed to do was not retain Forsling and lose Tanev. Gotta give the new management some credit..

I believe the Right side D is being assembled for next season and fully expect Johansson to be included, which means chnace are after Myers bonus is paid out 1st July he's going to be out of here. Likely down to Arizona or Anaheim, Meyers actual salary wil be $1mill I believe but the Cap hit is $6 mill. Likely Hronek, Bear and Johansson  and maybe Burroughs as a back up on the right side. IMO that's going to look pretty good, or at least above average

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 1:00 PM, Fred65 said:

I believe the Right side D is being assembled for next season and fully expect Johansson to be included, which means chnace are after Myers bonus is paid out 1st July he's going to be out of here. Likely down to Arizona or Anaheim, Meyers actual salary wil be $1mill I believe but the Cap hit is $6 mill. Likely Hronek, Bear and Johansson  and maybe Burroughs as a back up on the right side. IMO that's going to look pretty good, or at least above average

Juulson is making a case for that 7/8 slot. Yeah, I cam see Myers being gone - just makes so much sense to clear all that cap. I guess we also have to wonder about Poolman, but that is looking more like more or less permanent LTIR - the guy just can’t seem to get healthy. I won’t miss Dermott, either, just too hard to keep him in the lineup. Another guy really benefitting from the improved development in Abby, is Woo. I can’t believe some of the explosive hits he’s made this year - totally blowing up bigger guys. If we manage to pick up Livingstone, the right side would be outrageous depthwise.

The left side is more of a question mark after Hughes. OEL in my humble opinion, is just awful, and should be a buyout - because that is likely the only way we can get rid of him. He has to approve of any trade, which makes him virtually unloveable no matter how much salary we eat. Wolanin looks like he has a foot in the door, Rathbone has really had a setback this year. Dermott plays either side, but he makes this team, it does not speak well of our left side D. Not a lot in Abby, and it seems too early for some promising prospects in Jurmo, Pettersson, and Kudryavtsev. The college kids aren’t ready yet, but there is an interesting college free agent in Akita Hirose ( but he likely needs some AHL time. Burroughs has played a lot of left D even though he’s a right shot, and I suppose could be a passable 6/7/8. 

I’ve probably overlooked someone, but I hate the idea of overpaying for anothe4 free agent. 

1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Another guy really benefitting from the improved development in Abby, is Woo. I can’t believe some of the explosive hits he’s made this year - totally blowing up bigger guys.

So true. Each time I have seen him play I come away impressed with how he has rebounded this year from an abysmal season last year. Woo is a fluid skater, he is tough, and he can chip in with a point or two here and there. I don't know what kind of magic Jeremy Colliton is spinning, but so many guys have elevated their play in Abbotsford that it is looking like a really effective developmental team. I really think Woo has worked his way closer to a possible depth spot in the NHL, and it would be a mistake to dismiss him as a bustaroo. (Hat tip to Alf)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

So true. Each time I have seen him play I come away impressed with how he has rebounded this year from an abysmal season last year. Woo is a fluid skater, he is tough, and he can chip in with a point or two here and there. I don't know what kind of magic Jeremy Colliton is spinning, but so many guys have elevated their play in Abbotsford that it is looking like a really effective developmental team. I really think Woo has worked his way closer to a possible depth spot in the NHL, and it would be a mistake to dismiss him as a bustaroo. (Hat tip to Alf)

Colliton and Agnew have done what Tocchet and Foote have done in Vancouver: they have implemented structure and a team first work ethic. Both teams appear to have seriously improved their system and cut down on opponent scoring chances. I also really like Tocchet’s forecheck first guy pressurized with a second F about four metres behind him. The pressurizing forward forces the play to one side, and the second forechecker picks off lots of forced plays. We generate tons of chances off our forecheck under Tocchet- gotta love it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Juulson is making a case for that 7/8 slot. Yeah, I cam see Myers being gone - just makes so much sense to clear all that cap. I guess we also have to wonder about Poolman, but that is looking more like more or less permanent LTIR - the guy just can’t seem to get healthy. I won’t miss Dermott, either, just too hard to keep him in the lineup. Another guy really benefitting from the improved development in Abby, is Woo. I can’t believe some of the explosive hits he’s made this year - totally blowing up bigger guys. If we manage to pick up Livingstone, the right side would be outrageous depthwise.

The left side is more of a question mark after Hughes. OEL in my humble opinion, is just awful, and should be a buyout - because that is likely the only way we can get rid of him. He has to approve of any trade, which makes him virtually unloveable no matter how much salary we eat. Wolanin looks like he has a foot in the door, Rathbone has really had a setback this year. Dermott plays either side, but he makes this team, it does not speak well of our left side D. Not a lot in Abby, and it seems too early for some promising prospects in Jurmo, Pettersson, and Kudryavtsev. The college kids aren’t ready yet, but there is an interesting college free agent in Akita Hirose ( but he likely needs some AHL time. Burroughs has played a lot of left D even though he’s a right shot, and I suppose could be a passable 6/7/8. 

I’ve probably overlooked someone, but I hate the idea of overpaying for anothe4 free agent. 

Breezer was missed, and I think he’s earned that 3rd line left side. But yeah, OEL needs to be replaced and the depth after is…cloudy? Not really sure what to make of some of these guys…

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Colliton and Agnew have done what Tocchet and Foote have done in Vancouver: they have implemented structure and a team first work ethic. Both teams appear to have seriously improved their system and cut down on opponent scoring chances. I also really like Tocchet’s forecheck first guy pressurized with a second F about four metres behind him. The pressurizing forward forces the play to one side, and the second forechecker picks off lots of forced plays. We generate tons of chances off our forecheck under Tocchet- gotta love it.

You know I used to play that in my minor hockey coaching days :lol: I called it an "I" formation much llike a football play. The kids loved it and could often really blow am opponent away with a big hit. We were primed and waiting :)