The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

I sincerely hope he can become a NHL player.

I just have very little hope for Qmjhl defenseman making our team, and having a positive impact.

-40 is not a stat you ever want to see. If he was even, it would tell me he is a good defensive defenseman. If he was a plus, he would probably be a good two way Dman.

He has a lot of work to do, lets hope he can get there.

I sincerely hope he can become a NHL player.

I just have very little hope for Qmjhl defenseman making our team, and having a positive impact.

-40 is not a stat you ever want to see. If he was even, it would tell me he is a good defensive defenseman. If he was a plus, he would probably be a good two way Dman.

He has a lot of work to do, lets hope he can get there.

Have you not read the thread? He was one of the few bright spots on an absolutely abysmal Titans squad.

The stat that jumps off of the page is Brisebois's wonderful -40 this season... Fear not Canucks fans, this is an indictment of the Acadie-Bathurst roster and not that of Brisebois's play. It was an incredibly young team that only won 17 games this season which would suggest that their big minute guys are going to see their +/- stat be very unsavory.
Edited by Winter Soldier

Numbers do lie......... Thats why no one drafts purely on someones point production

I don't like the pick, but it is what it is.

And I trust numbers more, than what people say, when it comes to making money. And the sheer amount of spin you hear about every prospect can be staggering.

17yr old kid wiffing on a clapper in 1 vid and he is a bust according to some of the tinpot GM's and super scouts that bless us here.

Just go back and look at the first posts regarding Horvat from all the people that were throwing themselves off of bridges due to the fact that we traded Schneider to get him.

That the kid himself has nothing to do with it himself will not spare him from the worst kind of vitriol that would make your average bully blush with embarrassment.

I loved the Horvat trade. I can see Goaltenders have very little value due to how UFA works, and getting a high first rounder for Schneider was decent return.

We lost value on the pick because we had to take the time to develop Schneider, but at the very least we recovered value.

I can't compare a prospect like Brisebois with a player like Horvat. Everything about Horvat seems to be projecting as a solid player for us for years.

This pick is another Q dman, where we have had zero success in finding a number 1 or 2 dman, in 45 years of drafting.

I hope Brisebois can buck the odds, and become that exception that we have always wanted. I just think the odds are very low.

I will just say this. The strongest, most athletic person I have ever met was also a skinny tall beanpole at 17.

Start feeding this guy and give him some weights. He could turn out to be ridiculous. With the good attitude, staking skills, and hockey IQ, he has the hard things to achieve covered. Plus, looks to be on the inside track for playing for team Canada at the WHJC.

Definitely a calculated risk but one with a very high potential upside IMHO.

Of course, for half the mental midgets around here, unless he ends up winning the Norris in short order, we can expect a never ending barrage of negativity, cheap shots, and out right unwarranted insults because of something he had nothing to do with.

It's would be funny if it wasn't so hurtful and outright pathetic.

• Upvote 2

Yes, we know. Potential. Will gain strength. -40 is due to the team. etc. etc. etc. Same song and dance.

Can't rip these guys, but ripping Virtanen is a go.

When your team's goals for/against differential is -113 in only 68 games and the next worst in the league is -59 (from what I can see) +/- is more or less out the window

When your team's goals for/against differential is -113 in only 68 games and the next worst in the league is -59 (from what I can see) +/- is more or less out the window

I'm more then happy, this pick is a steal. I saw few games on the World Championship U18 and he was very,very good. First pairing (shut down D-men) for team Canada and first unit PK. Bathurst was a very poor team and I think that will be the same next year. I don't understand how we picked him in the third round for me he's a second rounder!! Good job Benning !!

If you put his team point percentage against an average offensive teams output in the Q around 240 goals compared to his teams 158 you can make the argument that him being in on 28/158 goals on an average team would be 43 points, but seeing as he only played 63 games it's actually 28/146 for his season

all this math equals 46 points in a full season on an average QMJHL team

7 Goals and 39 Assists in 68 games would be his projection playing on an average team.

That's more points than Chabot and he's 6 months younger.

It also puts him ahead of guys taken before him like Lauzon, Nielsen, Dermott, & Spencer

• Upvote 1