The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] McNally to Sharks

Lol everyone gets upset after a less notable draft...kinda hard to follow his performance last year now everyone is watching him with a microscope and every deal is magnified.

CDC really gives me some good laughs

Its not even because it was a less noticeable draft, but because Benning did NOTHING that he said he was going to do.

I believe Benning claimed he was going after at least two 2nd rounders to stockpile the cupboard - he gets a 3rd and 2 7ths.

On top of this, he has now shown Bieksa that he doesn't feel he is necessary to the Canucks and we got nothing in return for that. Now Bieksa will know he's not wanted but will still be playing? Great.

I also believe that Benning wanted to get younger. Aside from drafting a couple players, he did nothing this draft to do that - in fact he didn't even trade some veterans that should have gone to make room for our young players.

So no, its not that the draft didn't pan out, its that Benning said he had a plan and he didn't follow it.

Its not even because it was a less noticeable draft, but because Benning did NOTHING that he said he was going to do.

I believe Benning claimed he was going after at least two 2nd rounders to stockpile the cupboard - he gets a 3rd and 2 7ths.

On top of this, he has now shown Bieksa that he doesn't feel he is necessary to the Canucks and we got nothing in return for that. Now Bieksa will know he's not wanted but will still be playing? Great.

I also believe that Benning wanted to get younger. Aside from drafting a couple players, he did nothing this draft to do that - in fact he didn't even trade some veterans that should have gone to make room for our young players.

So no, its not that the draft didn't pan out, its that Benning said he had a plan and he didn't follow it.

We did get younger, traded a 27 year old for a 17 year old

Lol everyone gets upset after a less notable draft...kinda hard to follow his performance last year now everyone is watching him with a microscope and every deal is magnified.

CDC really gives me some good laughs

I agree. It seems like they either didn't know that he wasn't going to sign, or just decide to trash on every pick, every trade. We basically have the same team as last year, just because our division rivals improved shouldn't mean we should fire everybody and tank. CDC is just the right place if you are trying to get a laugh.

at least we can send hamhuis vrbata hansen packing at trade deadline for max values not that we will actually do this

Somehow we'll manage to be in playoff position at the trade deadline so Benning holds onto all our pending UFAs.

Then we won't win another game after the deadline meaning we get nothing out of our vets.

This

Not thrilled not super upset but we got very little of what was promised and with the assurances made to fans when Trader Jim took over I am far from impressed at the moment.

That being said he got what he could for McNally, but seriously...there's VERY little anyone can or will do to prove McNally was expendable but Sautner was worth a contract

Archived