The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dmitry Zhukenov | C

it's a good thing the rest of the west improved vastly because once they realize jb stole this 114th pick away from them, they will be running for cover. who needs high end picks. hopefully next year, jb trades our 1st overall for two top 100's he's so wily

Benning very high on this guy

TSN 1040 interviewed him and said that Zhukenov is comparable to Pavel Datsyuk in his draft year.

Said he is a very determined Russian Centre who thinks the game well with high hockey IQ, very good offensive player and defensive player. Strength an issue and needs to work on it but really likes the potential in him.

O_O

i

I'm drooling. He would be amazing being half the player of Datsyuk. Like to hear that though. So he's a center eh hmm

it's a good thing the rest of the west improved vastly because once they realize jb stole this 114th pick away from them, they will be running for cover. who needs high end picks. hopefully next year, jb trades our 1st overall for two top 100's he's so wily

This is where JB does his real magic. Any GM can take a chance on a player in the top 2 rounds and be semi successful. It's the GM's Nd scouts that find quality unheard of players deep In the draft that make a team good. Love the picks I'm not sold on briseois but I'm not JB but love the rest of the picks. Wish we added another depth goalie with eriksson gone but we can add one via FA. Our crease belongs to demko/markstrom in the future. Pumped some quality goalies

Could have taken Pilon... Hey but why take someone we actually need.

Welcome Zhukenov

Yeah kinda odd we could have taken Pilon. JB obviously doesn't like him. This kid is skinny but they have personal trainers and I was a skinny kid too and now I'm 210 of muscle. So taking a project in the 4th isn't too bad. I just don't like projects in the 1st 2 rounds. Edited by messier's_elbow

I like your enthusiasm but are you related to Apollo by chance?

Yeah kinda odd we could have taken Pilon. JB obviously doesn't like him. This kid is skinny but they have personal trainers and I was a skinny kid too and now I'm 210 of muscle. So taking a project in the 4th isn't too bad. I just don't like projects in the 1st 2 rounds.

Considering how far Pilon fell, I'd say a lot of GMs really didn't like him.

• Upvote 2

INteresting pick. I am not against taking home run swings in the 4th

Me neither. But I don't like going a single and striking out anyway, which is what I think will happen here. This pick makes no sense. The rating services have him way below where the Canucks took him. Team that go "off the board" to this extent almost always underperform.

Yeah kinda odd we could have taken Pilon. JB obviously doesn't like him. This kid is skinny but they have personal trainers and I was a skinny kid too and now I'm 210 of muscle. So taking a project in the 4th isn't too bad. I just don't like projects in the 1st 2 rounds.

JB doesn't like him, and 28 other GM's really don't like him as well for him to drop that far.

Sarcasm is the lowest from of humour, Grandicky.

Don't know it this item from Elite Prospects was already posted:

A diligent offensive forward that is productive at both ends of the ice. Predatory offensive instincts compliment his competitiveness and motivation to stay ahead of the play. Sees the ice very well and is creative with his abilities, willing to battle in front of the net and do the things that other players of his size would not. His defensive zone play is fascinating because he is always very proactive positionally; that being said, his style of defensive play is not very refined, and ill-suited to a more physical brand of hockey. All-in-all, a distinguished two-way competitor that will have the potential to develop into a crafty offensive producer as he gets stronger. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015)