NHL'er

Adam Gaudette | #88 | C

10 hours ago, FlyLow_ said:

This is the same management that gifted Virtanen a spot as an 18 year old when he had no business being in the league, a decision which set him back at least a year in development. I like a lot of what JB/TL have done, but there have been blunders..

I thought this was a calculated risk to get Virtanen out of a bad situation in Calgary.......some risks don't always work as expected but it would have been just as bad if he stayed in junior.

The good thing with Gaudette is he has the option to play in Utica, no risks need to be taken with him

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎12 at 11:45 PM, FlyLow_ said:

This is the same management that gifted Virtanen a spot as an 18 year old when he had no business being in the league, a decision which set him back at least a year in development. I like a lot of what JB/TL have done, but there have been blunders..

I dunno about gifted.  Seems like they wanted to get a good look/give him more than a fair chance to see if he can play at the NHL level.  Keep in mind he had WD as coach and I don't think I need to explain the night and day difference btw him and TG as far as giving Virtanen direction.  That being said I don't disagree that they have made some mistakes.  Loui E was a big gamble that so far hasn't paid off (but next season he rips it up)

10 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I dunno about gifted.  Seems like they wanted to get a good look/give him more than a fair chance to see if he can play at the NHL level.  Keep in mind he had WD as coach and I don't think I need to explain the night and day difference btw him and TG as far as giving Virtanen direction.  That being said I don't disagree that they have made some mistakes.  Loui E was a big gamble that so far hasn't paid off (but next season he rips it up)

Don't think it was WD's fault Jake was way too raw for the NHL... even the most casual sports fan could see he didn't belong. 

Like a poster above said, it was a calculated risk to get him out of the Hitmen. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think I'm as sold as a lot of folks are here about Gaudette. I think he'll likely be an NHL guy down the road, but I think he's far from a lock for next year. Given that he has yet to play at all in Utica, I think it makes a lot of sense to start him there. I think he'll get some NHL time, but I don't expect him to be a regular next year.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I don't think I'm as sold as a lot of folks are here about Gaudette. I think he'll likely be an NHL guy down the road, but I think he's far from a lock for next year. Given that he has yet to play at all in Utica, I think it makes a lot of sense to start him there. I think he'll get some NHL time, but I don't expect him to be a regular next year.

I agree with this.   Love the kid's "try" but he has a fair bit of the game to learn.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/12/2018 at 9:59 PM, Western Red said:

Or.. GGG

Gadjovich Gaudette Gaunce.

very nice

a triple b line

and a triple g line

we have to draft by first letters of surnames

so petterson will have quality p linemates :P

or maybe we can get virt and dahlen to change their surnames ??

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I agree with this.   Love the kid's "try" but he has a fair bit of the game to learn.

Love the kid too, but with how he needs to play (straight lines and hard on and off pucks) to be successful, I think he needs to gain muscle, weight in his lower body, and overall strength.  He’s a north south player, who might be a bit light and weak for that game at the NHL level just yet.  

• Hydration 1

This kid is gonna be a beauty.  5th round pick.  Absolute steal.  I want to see him paired up with Gadjovich and Kole Lind.  That could be a beauty of a third line.

14 hours ago, Frankie Sinatra said:

This kid is gonna be a beauty.  5th round pick.  Absolute steal.  I want to see him paired up with Gadjovich and Kole Lind.  That could be a beauty of a third line.

LIke AJ i suspect Gaudette starts in Utica. Gadjovich will have a lot of ??? until we see how his game translates to the pros. I like his positioning but his skating has to upgrade. His physicality worked in Juniors but that has to translate as well. He starts in Utica. 

I think Gaudette will be an NHL player almost for certain.  Where his ceiling is though is anybody's guess.

I am really hoping that most of the young guys start in Utica unless they show so well in camp that it is impossible to keep them off the NHL roster.  There will be enough roster movement throughout the year that i they earn NHL time out of Utica, they will get it.  This would include Lind,Dahlen, Gadjovich, Gaudette, Demko and Joulevi.  I do expect that Pettersson will make the jump right out of Camp.  I think that having all of these young guys playing together in the AHL will allw them to develop and gel as a group before taking over the Canucks in a year or 2.

On 2018-05-15 at 12:37 PM, kloubek said:

I think Gaudette will be an NHL player almost for certain.  Where his ceiling is though is anybody's guess.

Nothing Gaudette does should surprise us.  He is a very good player but brings a compete level well above the average player. He seems to achieve his goals and then some.  His next goal is to be a regular in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Nothing Gaudette does should surprise us.  He is a very good player but brings a compete level well above the average player. He seems to achieve his goals and then some.  His next goal is to be a regular in the NFL.

Ambitious. I hear the Patriots will need a new QB in the next few years since they traded Garoppolo.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Wow... jack of all trades eh?  First NHL and now NFL.  ;)