The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

17 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Gaudette is in Utica, so how is it too soon to conclude he belongs in Utica? And Leipsic and Goldy were average at best at the time of my posting this. If you wanna hit me with the hindsight card fine, but even then Goldy is largely feeding off Pettersson's electric start and Leipsic has done next to nothing in the NHL thus far this season and when Roussel comes back I imagine his name will be one of the first when it comes to who gets waived. 

1 goal in 2 games played is definitely next to nothing on a team that's struggled to score goals...

Guadette may have come from College Hockey, but he is a “blue collar” player..   agree that yes, he should be in Utica..  but when this one has his 3 speed game defined and has bruised a couple of elbows, Vancouver is Home.

I see his game galloping by Christmas, and being a huge contributor in the playoffs.

Next season he takes a solid position in Vancouver full time.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Moosecanuckle08 said:

What a beauty for your first goal. Love the way Gaudette plays the game. Tenacious with silky mitts. 

What’s his ceiling you think? Third line centre with offense? He inevitably takes Sutter’s place doesn’t he? 

13 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

What’s his ceiling you think? Third line centre with offense? He inevitably takes Sutter’s place doesn’t he? 

Hard to put a ceiling on him in my opinion. Hes definitely a late bloomer who's exceeded expectations at least from a draft position perspective. His first full season pro will be very telling. I personally see him as a clutch offensive threat third line centre but wouldn't be surprised in the least if he forced his way into the top 6. Just love the way he plays the game. 

41 minutes ago, Moosecanuckle08 said:

Hard to put a ceiling on him in my opinion. Hes definitely a late bloomer who's exceeded expectations at least from a draft position perspective. His first full season pro will be very telling. I personally see him as a clutch offensive threat third line centre but wouldn't be surprised in the least if he forced his way into the top 6. Just love the way he plays the game. 

From everything I've heard, the Canucks firmly believe Gaudette has top-six ability. However, the way our roster is being constructed, he'll probably play third line. Possibly in a similar way to Kesler back in the day. Slotted into a third line role at 5v5, but still playing top-six overall minutes due to his usage on special teams.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

From everything I've heard, the Canucks firmly believe Gaudette has top-six ability. However, the way our roster is being constructed, he'll probably play third line. Possibly in a similar way to Kesler back in the day. Slotted into a third line role at 5v5, but still playing top-six overall minutes due to his usage on special teams.

Agreed, 

Petterson will inevitably take over the number 1 centre position from Bo as early as this season. It will be tough for Gaudette to push aside Bo for the official number 2 centre role but I can see them as a 2A, 2B in a couple years time. Whatever the outcome, with the emergence of petterson we are looking better and better down the middle. With the injection of youth and exciting prospects not quite in the show, I'm excited to watch canucks games again.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Considering a lot of teams are running 3 scoring lines these days, I would imagine him after that extra bit of potential will be really nice for us on that 3rd line. We may not be able to roll 3 scoring lines now, but I think it's very possible after a few more prospects find their way onto the roster.

2 hours ago, Moosecanuckle08 said:

You’re sure right about exceeding expectations from a draft position perspective, especially in light of today’s performance against Toronto - a goal and two assists in a 7-4 Utica win.  Just needed last night’s ice breaker, I guess.

• Cheers 1