The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

10 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

This guy is Horvat with better offensive capabilities. He works too hard not to make it at the next level! Doesn’t take a night or a shift off I am really excited to see him suit up for the Canucks at the end of the season!

Calm down young grasshopper..  

Horvat is special. Let's not get carried away....  

2 hours ago, 70seven said:

I’d still be taking Svechnikov and Zadina before Tkachuk, but he does look like a hell of a prospect. This one closer in playing style to his dad. 

No way You pass on Tkachuk after Dahlin..  

Tkachuk is 2ND overall..  

6 hours ago, 2011 said:

I PVR'd it :)

I feel like Vancouver passed over the older Tkatchuk because of "character issues".   I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same with this one.  Of course maybe this one is a class act.  I don't know.  I doubt Van takes him at 2nd though.

Brady plays the game "tough" but I don't see him doing the crap his older brother did in CHL and perhaps he is a different person so don't write him off.   The only warning sign on Brady is offensive production numbers were about same as Gaudette as a freshman (a fifth rounder) on a much stronger team than Gaudette was on - just as one comparison.   BT is a great prospect but may not be as dynamically offensively as you may like as a 2nd overall pick if that is where he is available to a team like Vancouver.    

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

No way You pass on Tkachuk after Dahlin..  

Tkachuk is 2ND overall..  

I don't think you would be able to justify taking Tkachuk before Svech. No way. I am totally on board with Brady Tkachuk just at 4 or 5 however. Zadina and Boqvist make pretty strong cases to be taken early as well. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

I don't think you would be able to justify taking Tkachuk before Svech. No way. I am totally on board with Brady Tkachuk just at 4 or 5 however. Zadina and Boqvist make pretty strong cases to be taken early as well. 

I think for the Canucks, tkachuk should be 5th on their list. Svech, zadina, and boqvist should all be ahead of him in draft order specifically for the Canucks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Interesting. And Diaz was acquired for Dale Weise, who was originally claimed off of waivers by the Canucks in 2011.

The more you know.

So in the end  the Dutch Gretzky is responsible for us getting Gaudette....I love this stuff...:-)

5 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

So in the end  the Dutch Gretzky is responsible for us getting Gaudette....I love this stuff...:-)

Exactly. Every time Habs fan boast to me about how we gave them Weise for nothing and I just told them look up Adam Gaudette.

12 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

This guy is Horvat with better offensive capabilities. He works too hard not to make it at the next level! Doesn’t take a night or a shift off I am really excited to see him suit up for the Canucks at the end of the season!

lets wait and see when he makes the NHL before predicting that, although i have no doubt he'll make the big leagues.

36 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

I think for the Canucks, tkachuk should be 5th on their list. Svech, zadina, and boqvist should all be ahead of him in draft order specifically for the Canucks. 

I have Zadina and Tkachuk pretty even on my list. Obviously Zadina is the superior goal scorer but we need heart and soul guys like Tkachuk as well. I'd be fine with either. If we pick 3rd I think it will be one of he hardest picks for sure. I'm leaning towards Boqvist if the big 2 are gone. 

As much as I hate this loophole Im really wishing Sikura goes to free agency and signs with the Canucks just to play with Gaudette some more. There games compliment each other so nicely and their chemistry is amazing. Hope they change that loophole soon but it would be ice to get such a good prospect for free

3 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

As much as I hate this loophole Im really wishing Sikura goes to free agency and signs with the Canucks just to play with Gaudette some more. There games compliment each other so nicely and their chemistry is amazing. Hope they change that loophole soon but it would be ice to get such a good prospect for free

Who wouldn't want to sign with the Canucks and join USA Team North. A lot of reasons why going to Van would appeal to Sikura. Also like the idea of Tkachuk playing with Gaudette or maybe EP. Van has to get more size in the top 6. Trade TAnev for another 1st Rounder and draft your d-man prospect as well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

Interesting tidbit i heard on the radio, so I looked it up to verify and its true..

Gaudette was chosen with the 5th rounder they got from the NYR for Raphael Diaz.  Shows you that picks in any round are valuable.....

Actually, it shows that picks in any round can be valuable. Like other types of lottery tickets, however, most (especially those in the later rounds) become worthless.

8 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Never a direct comparison but just before people start claiming BradyT is the non-brainer top pick, at least in terms of offensive production, this may interest you;

- Freshman Brock Boeser - 1.42 points per game

- Freshman Adam Gaudette - 0.73 points per game

- Freshman Brady Tkachuk - 0.77 points per game

- Freshman Jonathan Toews - 0.93 points per game

All were same age.   Tkachuk has had more minutes per game than the other three in their freshman seasons.

Sooo what your trying to tell me is B.B. is just the best ever right?!

Gaudette making the team next year looks like a very good possibility...could see this in one or two years.

Tkachuk, Gaudette, Boeser

Kane, Bo, JV

Baer, Petterson, Dahlen

Gaunce, Sutter, Archie

(Bold indicates rookies)

Tram, Gud

Juolevi, Stecher

Tanev Pouliot (Pouliot needs to get better)

Lind, Gadjovich in junior for another year, or if NHL ready can trade with Dahlen or others

Goldy, Boucher, Dowd, LE depth

Granlund, Hutton, MDZ, Edler, Gagner, Vanek, LE trade bait or depth...don't know what to do with LE if above are NHL ready. If not NHL ready, then substitute depth players for bold players. If Tram doesn't come over, then Edler can play out his contract.

Gaudette and Tkachuk look ready; however, Tkachuk could spend another year in college.

2018 draft, pick Dmen, after taking Tkachuk with first pick, pick dmen at 33-34 pick and 66-68 pick...if good ones are available or pick BPA.

I don't think the Canucks will need the Sedins...somehow JB has to get over bringing in old vets.

Edited by Pete M
spelling