The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

10 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Context

Gaudette turned 19, October 3rd in freshman year.

Tkachuk turns 19 in September 16th, beginning of his sophomore year

To shut you up.  ill do the math for you

Months

oct 3 - nov 3 = 1

nov 3- dec 3 = 2

dec 3 - jan 3 =3

jan 3 - feb 3 =4

feb 3 - mar 3 =5

mar 3 - apr 3 =6

apr 3 - may 3 =7

may 3 - jun 3 = 8

jun 3 - july 3 =9

july 3 - aug 3 = 10

aug 3 - sept 3 =11

Days

16-3=13 

That's 11 months and 13 days difference.  i guess a "few months" means nothing.

Regardless, I’d love to see Brady Tkatchuk on a line with Gaudette in a couple years.  I think they would be dynamite together!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I know this is the Gaudette thread, and I'm super stoked on the guy, but being 4th in AHL SV% as a sophomore and 21 year old is pretty freaking great. I can't wait to see Demko's development over the next few seasons.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Regardless, I’d love to see Brady Tkatchuk on a line with Gaudette in a couple years.  I think they would be dynamite together!

I was thinking about that today also. Going to be back in contention pretty soon. 

Dahlen Horvat Pettersson 

Tkachuk Gaudette Boeser 

I can see Gaudette doing really well in the NHL. I remember Burrows before he started to score in the NHL. AV was literally laughing at the bench when he scored a beauty for his first goal in like 40 plus games, Burrows became a great player because he had heart. Gaudette has heart and more talent, Expect him not to be happy with him not leading wherever he goes. would not be surprised to see him with 1b duties.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

I know this is the Gaudette thread, and I'm super stoked on the guy, but being 4th in AHL SV% as a sophomore and 21 year old is pretty freaking great. I can't wait to see Demko's development over the next few seasons.

I agree with the bolded part, but I'm very intrigued in seeing what kind of magic Gaudette and Virtanen have together. 

11 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Context

Gaudette turned 19, October 3rd in freshman year.

Tkachuk turns 19 in September 16th, beginning of his sophomore year

To shut you up.  ill do the math for you

Months

oct 3 - nov 3 = 1

nov 3- dec 3 = 2

dec 3 - jan 3 =3

jan 3 - feb 3 =4

feb 3 - mar 3 =5

mar 3 - apr 3 =6

apr 3 - may 3 =7

may 3 - jun 3 = 8

jun 3 - july 3 =9

july 3 - aug 3 = 10

aug 3 - sept 3 =11

Days

16-3=13 

That's 11 months and 13 days difference.  i guess a "few months" means nothing.

Still means nothing.   No need to "shut" people up.  This is a discussion forum.   You are quite a rude fellow aren't you.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Gaudette was born in October. That means there's a full year's difference between the two. 

Gaudette was drafted at the end of the 2014-15 season in the 2015 draft. He spent that entire year in the USHL with the Roughriders. 

Gaudette's draft year: USHL

Tkachuk's draft year: NCAA

At that age, means nothing.   If I played CHL versus USHL it means I wasn't more prepared?    Or vice versa?   It matters when they are 10 and 12 or so.   Not when they are young men.

56 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

At that age, means nothing.   If I played CHL versus USHL it means I wasn't more prepared?    Or vice versa?   It matters when they are 10 and 12 or so.   Not when they are young men.

Weren’t you a goalie?  It’s makes a huge difference. The mental side of the game changes as you mature. Confidence even amoung 6 month changes. 

You can say im rude but really you just don’t like how I shut down all the BS you spew.  

14 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Weren’t you a goalie?  It’s makes a huge difference. The mental side of the game changes as you mature. Confidence even amoung 6 month changes. 

You can say im rude but really you just don’t like how I shut down all the BS you spew.  

Yeah, age is definitely a factor. Certainly for a stats types, it’s one of the main considerations you look at when ranking draft eligible players. Even old school anti-stats types consider “late birthdays” and the like when comparing 17/18/19 year olds. Same thing with tournament rosters and the difference in roles you see given to players based on one year differences. Of course, these factors are more pronounced when they’re little kids, but anything greater than 6 months can still make a real difference for guys at 18/19. It’s often less significant in individual cases, and it’s not the only factor (size and individual growth charts can sometimes level some of the age differences), but on average, there’s a clear distinction.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, age is definitely a factor. Certainly for a stats types, it’s one of the main considerations you look at when ranking draft eligible players. Even old school anti-stats types consider “late birthdays” and the like when comparing 17/18/19 year olds. Same thing with tournament rosters and the difference in roles you see given to players based on one year differences. Of course, these factors are more pronounced when they’re little kids, but anything greater than 6 months can still make a real difference for guys at 18/19. It’s often less significant in individual cases, and it’s not the only factor (size and individual growth charts can sometimes level some of the age differences), but on average, there’s a clear distinction.

Speaking of, wrong thread maybe but I don't think I've heard much said about Brady Tkachuk being one day away from the 2017 draft.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

The difference between the CHL and USHL isn't as big though. It also has nothing to do with age, but rather the level of competition, which is my whole point. The NCAA has tougher, older and stronger competition and Brady is playing there and putting up similar numbers to the players you posted while being younger. Again I'm not a big Tkachuk fan, but those numbers are actually really encouraging for me. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Speaking of, wrong thread maybe but I don't think I've heard much said about Brady Tkachuk being one day away from the 2017 draft.

Brady Tkachuk's situation remind me a lot of Alex Nylander. Both with a father and older brother have successes in the NHL and a lot is expected out of him. Since his birthdate, he is almost as he is draft eligible last year, we can look at his stats this year, and compare it with some of the prospects' D+1 year. The stats he is putting up isn't quite as impressive (not as good as Mittlestadt or Poehling). I think he is overrated because of his last name.

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

No, I don't think it makes a difference when they are that old.   That is my opinion.    

You didn't shut down anything, you just get immature and make it personal.   It is a style thing I guess but my opinion isn't going to change because you get rude.

22 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

The difference between the CHL and USHL isn't as big though. It also has nothing to do with age, but rather the level of competition, which is my whole point. The NCAA has tougher, older and stronger competition and Brady is playing there and putting up similar numbers to the players you posted while being younger. Again I'm not a big Tkachuk fan, but those numbers are actually really encouraging for me. 

I am a BT fan and his numbers are encouraging but in context, no more so than the Canucks fifth round pick from a few years back.   I like the way BT plays the game and he would make a good addition to whatever organization drafts him (including Vancouver) but I only warn that his offensive stats are not that great for a freshman in NCAA - they are more than good but do not speak to an outstanding offensive talent.   Can he grow - of course he can but translate those numbers to CHL (there are formula for those who like doing such fantasy) and it isn't blowing anyone away.    Moreover, no one would say NCAA is at level of most upper tier European pro leagues (let alone, say, SEL) and if he was getting half that rate of scoring in SEL at his age, would people still rave about him as a potential second overall pick?