The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

1 minute ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Why? Because the interview was cropped to one segment and I looked at the whole thing? How do you misinterpret "I don't know when"?

And if it is at the end of next the college year he is a FA and his agent may have something to say. Linden and Benning are nice guys they might decide not to push the envelope, they have certainly taken players thoughts into account during their reign.

Why? Because:

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yup, still not sure how you drew that conclusion though.  He is obligated in his mind to finish his season with his school.  If they play to the end it's April 7th.

The NHL regular season ends April 7th for Vancouver.

2+2 is in fact 4

and:

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Just like the 'Benning Signed' thread. People cherry picking out of context things to support a false narrative while willfully ignoring reality.

It's boggling :picard:

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Just like the 'Benning Signed' thread. People cherry picking out of context things to support a false narrative while willfully ignoring reality.

It's boggling :picard:

Reading JUST the one tweet is cherry picking.

Your blindness or stubbornness to read a whole segment and ignore parts is more picking what you want rather than me just pointing out he missed parts. Did you hear the interview? the conviction in the voice when talking about the bean pot and final four?

52 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Talked about going specifically to NW because it is close to home.

Talked about the "team" as we a lot and said their goals were the bean pot and winning the final four. Go one so far only one more to get.

Said he MIGHT come to Vancouver this year, depends on final four.

That's the big one, if he goes back next year he is a FA at the end.

We worried about that with Boeser and nothing came of it but his kid sounds different. That quoted had a beginning and an end to it that isn't there.

You will pretty much never hear a NCAA player say "When I'm done, I am 100% going to play for this team" for fear of bringing on an investigation to see if he's getting perks while playing NCAA.  They've always had to choose their language carefully for that reason.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Why? Because the interview was cropped to one segment and I looked at the whole thing? How do you misinterpret "I don't know when"?

And if it is at the end of next the college year he is a FA and his agent may have something to say. Linden and Benning are nice guys they might decide not to push the envelope, they have certainly taken players thoughts into account during their reign.

If he comes out this year, once his season in college is over, he burns a full year off his elc.  He will be on to his second contract, when the rest of his grad class is just starting their elc’s.  Coming out early gets guys to their big contracts in their primes, so they actually make a lot more money.  Staying the full four years would cost a guy like Gaudette millions.  He’s coming out this year, and will be a regular on our team by Christmas 2018.  He’s already better than several of our forwards.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Your blindness or stubbornness to read a whole segment and ignore parts is more picking what you want rather than me just pointing out he missed parts. Did you hear the interview? the conviction in the voice when talking about the bean pot and final four?

If his season goes late he wont be with the Canucks towards the end of the season.  If there out early then he will sign it is simple as that. There is a 0% chance he pulls a Vesey.

• Upvote 1

Gaudette in a previous interview pretty much said that the Canucks believed in him and he is looking forward to sign with the Canucks.  Straight from the horse's mouth.  I don't know how much clearer he has to be.  Personally, i am not worried at all.

20 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I've read the whole thing :picard:

18 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

And that's the problem -- roster spots.  And also why more and more I think they aren't re-signed.  TL also talked about again dipping into the FA pool this summer.

Losing the Sedins and adding EP/Gaudette is going to make a huge difference in how this team plays, just the speed and pace alone.

I think the sedins are back though, I really do. 

So it will be a super interesting TDL and summer for us once again!

18 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

Baer - horvat - boeser

sedin - sedin - pettersson

Eriksson - sutter - gagner

grandlund - gaudette - Virtanen 

Gaunce?

goldobin?

boucher? 

Dowd?

archibald? 

I imagine that 1 of those 5 will be carried as an extra and the others in Utica. The only exception is Goldobin will probably get claimed if we try to send him to Utica, so I can see them trying to make room on the roster for him (maybe trade grandlund?)

edit: also just realized that boucher, dowd, and archibald are all ufa’s after this year. We probably won’t see all of them back on the team

Yea nice crack at it.

the only UFA Forward I think our team would truly be interested in is Evander Kane

i think the sedins will be back.

vanek will not be resigned.

i think Gaudette and Pettersson will have every chance and opportunity to make the team.

Gagner, Eriksson, Granlund make it a little tricky.. my crack at a line up:

Top Line: Kane-Horvat-Boeser

Baerstchi-Gaudette-Virtanen

Sedin-Sedin-Pettersson

Checking Line: Gaunce-Sutter-Granlund

Gagner or Granlund would have to be traded

Eriksson gots to go, I don't care how just gots to go

Vanek no room to resign even though I love what he brings

Can shuffle guys around, goldobin first call up I guess unless we trade him, or he makes the team pushing someone else down 

hope we resign Archie and use him as a call up or guy for physical games or injury replacements I like the guy 

think we need to sign Gaudette as soon as possible and get him in some games. Want to see him take Dowds spot and play with Virtanen. Get a good taste of the NHL the practices, the travel, the professionalism, th and physicality then have a big offseason preparing and be ready to go with another strong camp and be an impact player for us next season. Really see this happening.

Lots can change though based on or deadline deals and draft position / performance 

Edited by R3aL

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

If he comes out this year, once his season in college is over, he burns a full year off his elc.  He will be on to his second contract, when the rest of his grad class is just starting their elc’s.  Coming out early gets guys to their big contracts in their primes, so they actually make a lot more money.  Staying the full four years would cost a guy like Gaudette millions.  He’s coming out this year, and will be a regular on our team by Christmas 2018.  He’s already better than several of our forwards.

Very true Alf. Isn't that one of the main reasons Boeser signed. Another solid reason is always the caution that your next shift can always be your last in hockey. Career ending injury is always a risk and signing as quickly as possible makes sense. The opportunity for Gaudette in Vancouver is huge compared to most orgs. He will sign in March. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, R3aL said:

Yea nice crack at it.

the only UFA Forward I think our team would truly be interested in is Evander Kane

i think Gaudette and Pettersson will have every chance and opportunity to make the team.

Sedin-Sedin-Pettersson

Can shuffle guys around, goldobin first call up I guess unless we trade him, or he makes the team pushing someone else down 

hope we resign Archie and use him as a call up or guy for physical games or injury replacements I like the guy 

think we need to sign Gaudette as soon as possible and get him in some games. Want to see him take Dowds spot and play with Virtanen. Get a good taste of the NHL the practices, the travel, the professionalism, th and physicality then have a big offseason preparing and be ready to go with another strong camp and be an impact player for us next season. Really see this happening.

Lots can change though based on or deadline deals and draft position / performance 

I’m liking the mixture of youth and experience in your lines.  A couple points maybe?

Goldy must clear waivers to go to the AHL

Eriksson has a No Movement Clause:(

• Like 1

6 hours ago, R3aL said:

Yea nice crack at it.

Sedin-Sedin-Pettersson

If we re-sign the twins (which I prefer we didn't but agree is likely), I agree, there's simply no room for Vanek. Sorry, neither Eriksson or Gagner are going anywhere though :lol:

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Sedin, Sedin, Pettersson:

Eriksson, Sutter, Granlund

Gaunce, Gaudette, Virtanen

Gagner (subs in for Pettersson, Virt, Gaunce etc as needed). Though obviously guys will shuffle around (particularly on W).

Without the twins I'd far prefer to see something like:

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Kane, Sutter, Granlund (fast/hard match up line with offense)

Erikssson, Gaudette, Pettersson (give them the twins sheltered o zone starts, Eriksson gives them a solid 2 way vet etc)

Gaunce, Dowd/MacEwan/UFA etc, Virtanen (solid depth checking/counter punch line)

Gagner (subs in for Pettersson, Virt, Gaunce etc as needed). And again, guys will clearly shuffle around on W.

14 hours ago, Warhippy said:

It is not conviction.

It is dedication.  He is going to see it through with his boys. 

That is admirable 

I never said it wasn't, I didn't even hint it wasn't, I simply commented upon him and his coaches saying he might not come this year and what the ramifications of that will mean, not what he will do, or think or what I think.

But the group of 12 decided to put words to my post that I didn't post. They must be worried.

Those act like children playing hide and seek who put their hands over their eyes and say "you can't see me now".

This tweet really makes me love this kid!

Like come on.. what else can u ask for? A Hobby Baker award?  

Gaudette.. I'm on it .

The kids really refreshing. Think he might be able to develop into a burrows type agitatior.  That would be sweet.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I’m liking the mixture of youth and experience in your lines.  A couple points maybe?

Goldy must clear waivers to go to the AHL

Eriksson has a No Movement Clause:(

Does goldobin have to next year really?

yea I just can't see a world eriksson is on the squad next year.

- buy out, send him to the minors, trade him for anything if possible, force retirement I don't care he's just got to go he has been the Canucks most disappointing forward for two seasons now 

Edited by R3aL