The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

7 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

That's awesome dude!! Glad you're enjoying the game!

Gaudette with a point on that PP goal?

Thanks! Really loving it so far. Unfortunately Gaudette was on the bench during that game. #20 for the Huskies scored on that I believe. 

Also would you guys prefer I continue editing on one post, or should I continue posting new posts anytime anything new happens? 

• Upvote 1

Another Husky goal! ASU goalie really busy tonight. 5-1

But right before the goal was Gaudette's shift and man did he look dangerous out there. Made a beautiful pass to an open man backdoor and almost scored himself also on the backdoor. Could've easily had  two points right there. 

Another thing to note is that he gets into the corners and battles for the puck. 

• Upvote 2

What a game!!! ASU got destroyed today. Lots of passion from the crowds, a few favorites...

Chanted

"Came a looong way to get swept!" 

And

"If you can't get into college you go to state!" 

And someone shouted "Hey goalie, what's higher, your gpa or your save percentage?" 

And then the crowd started singing Stacy's Mom along with the band during parent's weekend. Hahaha

A couple takeaways from the game...

The Huskies are a tough team to play, always physical and manhandled ASU all night. However, it led to lots of penalties by NU. Got real chirpy in the last few seconds of the game. Lots of facewashes and almost a few fights. 

The score 6-1 reflected the game tonight. NU was better in every regard. 

Adam Gaudette was put in both the PK and PP. Him on the PK stood out to me, always created chances off the rush during the PK. Could've had 2-3 scoring chances on the PK alone tonight. 

I can definitely see why people see him as a playmaker. Makes lots of nice passes, good vision for his teammates. Loves to lead the rush. 

Saw him try to do a little too much on a breakout that saw him cough up the puck at center ice. Good thing it was only once though. 

Saw him battle for the puck in the corners. Isn't afraid to get rough. 

All in all, great experience! Hope to go to the one next Sunday! 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, suitup said:

Another Husky goal! ASU goalie really busy tonight. 5-1

But right before the goal was Gaudette's shift and man did he look dangerous out there. Made a beautiful pass to an open man backdoor and almost scored himself also on the backdoor. Could've easily had  two points right there. 

Another thing to note is that he gets into the corners and battles for the puck. 

How would you say Gaudette's game is like? Is he more of a shoot first center or pass first, or more equally good at both creating plays and finishing them?

5 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

How would you say Gaudette's game is like? Is he more of a shoot first center or pass first, or more equally good at both creating plays and finishing them?

@Blömqvist If I were to pick it would definitely be a pass first. He's been dishing out passes all night. I can really see why people say he's more of a playmaker. He seems to always be looking to make a pass instead of just firing off a shot himself. 

Like I mentioned earlier in a post about how he made a dangerous pass and right after almost scored one himself, one thing I noticed is that he does shoot the puck, but usually when in the right position. Other times I saw him shoot the puck was when it was on a rush. But even then I saw him make a beautiful dish right across as well. 

Again, I'd say he's more of a pass first but all in all he's a smart player and typically smart players are equally capable of doing both since they can read the play well enough to know which is the best option. 

Edited by suitup
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, numb3r 16 said:

I think the Canucks will give him 1 more year at northeastern before signing him, that is unless he had a monstrous year.

I think another year would do him some good. 

55 minutes ago, Derp... said:

Nick Schmaltz type of player?

Gaudette is more gritty, Schmaltz has a lot better hands. Both possess great hockey sense. 

had a great 2 game series vs ASU

unfortunately, ASU were completely outmatched imo and Gaudette just took control in all zones

great penalty killing with a ton of scoring chances even in PK

tons of penalties and PPs here and there; literally one after the other.i thought 1st game was worse than 2nd but both were penalty fest

i'll probably temper my hype until a real team comes around but for now

i'm impressively impressed

Edited by ihaveyuidonttouchme
  • Upvote 1

I seem to like Gaudette a lot. As I read @suitup's posts, he really has some big potential and I view him to be a 2 way center, someone we haven't had since Kesler left. It's going to be great to see this young man develop into a solid player we have been hoping for for years to come

Edited by Beary Sweet