The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

2 minutes ago, SamJamIam said:

If he's not signing with Chicago, you know it's to come here.  Also what is with both Vancouver and Chicago having a prospect on the top line in the NCAA these days?  first Boeser and Schmaltz, now Gaudette and Sikura

Thankfully we have the better prospect in both cases. As for Sikura, I wouldn't be so sure about him coming here, many thought Cagguila would be a lock to sign here since he played with Boeser.

6 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Thankfully we have the better prospect in both cases. As for Sikura, I wouldn't be so sure about him coming here, many thought Cagguila would be a lock to sign here since he played with Boeser.

But Stecher did come here and that lends a little credibility to the concept.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

If Sikura is a Vancouver kid like Stecher, you are correct. But if he isn't, not so much.

Yeah, he’s an Ontario boy, for what that’s worth. Might make him more open to playing in Canada but you never know.

Hawks just signed Dylan’s big brother Tyler to an NHL deal (2way) for next year and he’s currently playing for their farm club.

I think odds are Sikura signs with Chicago either plays for the team that drafted him or plays with his brother down in Rockford.

If he goes FA, I’d imagine we have a shot because of Gaudette but will be competing with several other teams, so it’s far from a done deal he’d come here.

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

There's also the fact that Sikura's brother is in the Blackhawk's organization with Rockford of the AHL. I have very little expectation of him signing here, but never say never. He might feel like he has a better chance of remaining productive with the chemistry he has already built with Gaudette.

Edited by canuckledraggin
See above :P

6 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

There's also the fact that Sikura's brother is in the Blackhawk's organization with Rockford of the AHL. I have very little expectation of him signing here, but never say never. He might feel like he has a better chance of remaining productive with the chemistry he has already built with Gaudette.

Who was that kid from here that signed with Colorado last summer?  I remember him saying he signed with the Avs because he saw more spaces open to make their team.  Maybe we need to dump Gagner, Errikson, and others to give the UFA college kids some fair opportunities?  Hell, we sent Stecher down his first year, even though he earned the NHL spot with his play.  Maybe the college UFAs don’t trust us to really give them a fair shot? 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who was that kid from here that signed with Colorado last summer?  I remember him saying he signed with the Avs because he saw more spaces open to make their team.  Maybe we need to dump Gagner, Errikson, and others to give the UFA college kids some fair opportunities?  Hell, we sent Stecher down his first year, even though he earned the NHL spot with his play.  Maybe the college UFAs don’t trust us to really give them a fair shot? 

That was Alex Kerfoot the Devils draft pick. And in an odd twist of fate Will Butcher the Colorado draft pick, signed with New Jersey and restored balance to the universe.

Adam is playing in the semi-finals right now down 1-0 in the 1st.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Qi4HKP_lc

1 minute ago, canuckledraggin said:

That was Alex Kerfoot the Devils draft pick. And in an odd twist of fate Will Butcher the Colorado draft pick, signed with New Jersey and restored balance to the universe.

Adam is playing in the semi-finals right now down 1-0 in the 1st.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Qi4HKP_lc

Canucks were in on Kerfoot too, right to the end. 

1 hour ago, canuckledraggin said:

We thought Brandon Tanev would sign with us because of Chris, so I wouldn't put too much into that as well.

37 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Canucks were in on Kerfoot too, right to the end. 

And he (likely) saw us sign Gagner to a three year deal and thought his chances were better to make the team in Colorado.  We need to actually have roster spots open, so these college UFAs feel they have a legitimate chance.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GrizzlyAdams said:

Gaudette is flying tonight

Northeastern is down a goal and it seems like he's willing his team to move on to the hockey east final

Also, the colour commentator is a total Providence homer

If his team loses tonight is his college season over?