The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

Man, tough loss. Providence has kind of had their number this year. 3 games and the best the Huskies managed was a tie. Other two games ends in OT losses (including tonight’s). Feel bad for Primeau. Kid has been outstanding all season and you could see how disappointed he was. Good on his mates to get in there quickly and give him taps and try to pick him up. Anyway, Northeastern should still get in by selection so they still have hockey to play. 

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Man, tough loss. Providence has kind of had their number this year. 3 games and the best the Huskies managed was a tie. Other two games ends in OT losses (including tonight’s). Feel bad for Primeau. Kid has been outstanding all season and you could see how disappointed he was. Good on his mates to get in there quickly and give him taps and try to pick him up. Anyway, Northeastern should still get in by selection so they still have hockey to play. 

That loss should keep the fire lite in his belly too...I guess we won't see him this year after all...?

• Upvote 1

So the frozen four is between the top 16 teams as voted on by a bunch of who knows who. Northeastern was ranked #7 before the semi-final game today and will automatically make the sweet 16. It's a bit of a nightmare scenario that following this tournament  that Northeastern could swap places with Providence and play them again in the frozen 4

I suspect that the win by Providence today would have put them in a top 5 spot, but you never know.

10 hours ago, Odd. said:

yeah, his coach describes Gaudette as a bit of a hot head. Sometimes he lets his emotions get the best of him (though this specific trait is great for our team). He even said it himself in a post game interview.

He plays with a lot of emotion. His celly's, chirping, cockiness, etc. Reminds me of Kesler really. Hopefully none of that douchebaggery stuff though.

I want all of of that. We need a new guy that teams hate to play against. As as long as he keeps it in the ice I'm totally fine with it. 

12 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

...and there's still the Frozen Four, which they'd likely be chosen for.

As much as I'd like to see him join us to provide a ray of sunshine before the season ends, we need to weigh that against the impending expansion draft and our protection limits.

Mostly agree with this. But I'm also going to March 31 game against CBJ...would like SOMETHING to cheer for :lol:

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Agreed. Kid has a lot of swagger but doesn’t cross the line too often and by all accounts is a great teammate and well liked. He plays with emotion. And he recognizes that sometimes this leads him down roads that his coaches might not prefer him to take (as in the occasional hothead type penalty). But he’s also one of his coaches’ most trusted players in all situations. And along with Sikura, he drives the offense and fuels the overall energy of the team. Gaudette brings many of the elements the Canucks have either been lacking or had in pretty short supply in recent years. He will help our team. Whether he ends up top six or bottom six, he’s going to make us tougher to play against and a faster, harder, and more determined team.

You said it

All 1st and 2nd year professionals were exempt. Guessing AG would only be 2nd year player after the 2019-2020 if he plays this year and next anyway, Just rather have him signed sealed and delivered. Having 2 on his current line mates possibly becoming free agents and not signing with the team that drafted them they could all say sign in chicago if AG plays his final season in college. AG may very well win the hobey and last years winner was also on his team mate became a free agent cuz he was never drafted and the previous Will Butcher won the award and did not sign with colorado and became a free agent and signed with the devils.

8 minutes ago, Get real canuck fans said:

All 1st and 2nd year professionals were exempt. Guessing AG would only be 2nd year player after the 2019-2020 if he plays this year and next anyway, Just rather have him signed sealed and delivered. Having 2 on his current line mates possibly becoming free agents and not signing with the team that drafted them they could all say sign in chicago if AG plays his final season in college. AG may very well win the hobey and last years winner was also on his team mate became a free agent cuz he was never drafted and the previous Will Butcher won the award and did not sign with colorado and became a free agent and signed with the devils.

2020 would be three years pro if he plays this year.  We don't know what year Seattle will come in yet, and Bettman indicated terms will likely be the same.  There is little point bringing Gaudette in simply for a few games and end up losing another protection spot.

7 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

2020 would be three years pro if he plays this year.  We don't know what year Seattle will come in yet, and Bettman indicated terms will likely be the same.  There is little point bringing Gaudette in simply for a few games and end up losing another protection spot.

Yes i stand corrected because he will have played 3 years but rather just have him signed for what may or may not even happen. 

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

There is also no guarantee that Seattle will require an expansion draft. 

An already existing team may just move locations due to financial losses like Atlanda moved to Winnepeg years ago.

I'm not arguing your point though, I also think Guadette should debut next season.

6 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

There are 650 million reasons why Seattle will have an expansion team and not a relocated team.  The NHL wants 32 teams and 16 per conference.  After Seattle is added the relocation talks can begin.

And we will have divisional realignment issues once Seattle makes the Pacific 9 teams.  Does Phoenix finally move?  Does Carolina or Florida move to Quebec?  There will be more than just a 32nd team.  Will be entertaining to watch.  

2 hours ago, 2011 said:

There is also no guarantee that Seattle will require an expansion draft. 

An already existing team may just move locations due to financial losses like Atlanda moved to Winnepeg years ago.

I'm not arguing your point though, I also think Guadette should debut next season.

Do you really think that the NHL would miss a chance to grab a 650 million US expansion fee?

If, BIG if, there is a relocation, it will be to Quebec, to help them reenter the league more economically. Seattle Will be awarded a franchise, as early as June this year, to begin playing in 2020/21 season or the following year.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Do you really think that the NHL would miss a chance to grab a 650 million US expansion fee?

If, BIG if, there is a relocation, it will be to Quebec, to help them reenter the league more economically. Seattle Will be awarded a franchise, as early as June this year, to begin playing in 2020/21 season or the following year.

No, if the money is there they would likely take it.  However the NHL does still receive relocation fees (not sure how much, but it is well under 650M). If a team goes bankrupt, the NHL will try to accommodate, as they have in the past.