The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

6 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Northeastern's season lives. They'll play Michigan in the Northeast Regional Semifinal next Saturday at 1:30 pm PST:

Any update on Will Lockwood? Would be interesting to see if he can contribute in shutting down Gaudette's line. Not that I want Gaudette to be shut down, but I'm excited for Lockwood as well.

19 hours ago, 2011 said:

No, if the money is there they would likely take it.  However the NHL does still receive relocation fees (not sure how much, but it is well under 650M). If a team goes bankrupt, the NHL will try to accommodate, as they have in the past.

There aren’t any teams that the league is even close to moving. Last team that went bankrupt was Arizona and look how that played out.

Arizona will likely move after this next season, but 95% chance its to another location within Arizona, probably downtown Phoenix, where they should have stayed.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

There aren’t any teams that the league is even close to moving. Last team that went bankrupt was Arizona and look how that played out.

Arizona will likely move after this next season, but 95% chance its to another location within Arizona, probably downtown Phoenix, where they should have stayed.

Wasn’t there talk about a possible relocation to Kansas City as well? Might have been Carolina they were taking about tho 

58 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Lockwood suffered a season-ending shoulder injury at the World Juniors so the only way he'll be able to shut down Gaudette is by stealing all his equipment or something.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while. Pretty disappointing season for him even before the injury.

For absolutely selfish reasons, I hope North Eastern gets eliminated next week so Gaudette can sign his ELC soon and play a few games with the big club to finish the season. I got tickets to the 31st game against the Blue Jackets and it will make the game much more meaningful to watch if I get to see Gaudette play :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Wasn’t there talk about a possible relocation to Kansas City as well? Might have been Carolina they were taking about tho 

There is always that option. At the moment, I believe that Kansas City is being used as a negotiating tactic for teams in trying to get a new building.

A business associate of mine is one of the lawyers that has been trying to get a team to Kansas. They were working on getting the Thrashers there, right up to when the team was sold to Winnipeg, and was part of one group that was trying to bring NHL to Seattle. They backed out on that when it became apparent that expansion fees were heading north of 300 million.

As far as I’m aware, there isn’t any serious discussions around Kansas right now. I think if something happens where either Carolina or Panthers need to move, (both have buildings located in the wrong place in my opinion), they willmove to Quebec.

5 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

There is always that option. At the moment, I believe that Kansas City is being used as a negotiating tactic for teams in trying to get a new building.

A business associate of mine is one of the lawyers that has been trying to get a team to Kansas. They were working on getting the Thrashers there, right up to when the team was sold to Winnipeg, and was part of one group that was trying to bring NHL to Seattle. They backed out on that when it became apparent that expansion fees were heading north of 300 million.

As far as I’m aware, there isn’t any serious discussions around Kansas right now. I think if something happens where either Carolina or Panthers need to move, (both have buildings located in the wrong place in my opinion), they willmove to Quebec.

But possibly Pheonix to Kansas City might be an option.  I can't see them moving an eastern team west when Quebec wants a team, but moving a Pacific team to the central is going to be necessary so it could happen and solve that logistical issue.  

4 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

But possibly Pheonix to Kansas City might be an option.  I can't see them moving an eastern team west when Quebec wants a team, but moving a Pacific team to the central is going to be necessary so it could happen and solve that logistical issue.  

Expand in Seattle, then Arizona to Kansas and one of Florida/Carolina to Quebec. 

31 minutes ago, TGokou said:

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while. Pretty disappointing season for him even before the injury.

He was a third round pick that was selected for a deep team for WJC and you call that disappointing?    

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

If the Coyotes need to leave the State, expect them to go to Houston, nowhere else.

If Coyotes stay in Arizona, watch for the league to expand to 34 teams by 2025 but adding Quebec and Houston. 

Watch for playoffs to be expanded to include 20 to 24 teams within 5 years. The league and the players like the revenue playoffs bring, especially to teams struggling a little financially. They want new ways to increase league revenue, letting another 4 to 8 teams enter playoffs is a natural source and progression for them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

It didn't work twice in Atlanta, so what's the basis of trying KC again?

6 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Lockwood suffered a season-ending shoulder injury at the World Juniors so the only way he'll be able to shut down Gaudette is by stealing all his equipment or something.

Ah thanks for the update, I hadn't heard if it was confirmed that he was out for the season. Well hopefully Gaudette rips Michigan a new one then.

5 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

If the Coyotes need to leave the State, expect them to go to Houston, nowhere else.

If Coyotes stay in Arizona, watch for the league to expand to 34 teams by 2025 but adding Quebec and Houston. 

Watch for playoffs to be expanded to include 20 to 24 teams within 5 years. The league and the players like the revenue playoffs bring, especially to teams struggling a little financially. They want new ways to increase league revenue, letting another 4 to 8 teams enter playoffs is a natural source and progression for them. 

Houston! That's the city I was thinking of, not Kansas.  Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

When is the hobey baker awarded anyone know? And does this tournament have and dictation towards the winner ? Just curious because of how playoff hockey doesn’t have any say in NHL awards 

The ballot will be completed by March 26th and the winner will be announced April 6th.

I’d imagine anything that happens up to March 26th could influence the final decision, but most people already know who they are voting for.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1