The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

54 minutes ago, Wanless said:

But is burning a year of ELC the same as having played a year in a professional league?

No, they’re two different things. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

In Gaudette’s case, he needs to play ten or more professional games while signed under an NHL contract to complete a “professional year” when it comes to expansion rules. The earliest this can happen is 2018-19.

He merely needs to be signed and join the Canucks roster this season to burn a year (2017-18) off his ELC.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Well it is too bad they lost, but I am hoping to hear about him signing an NHL deal by the end of tomorrow and be catching a plane to Vancouver. Heck I man be headed down to the coast next weekend so definitely would consider going to a game if he is going to be in the lineup!!

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I kinda wonder if discussions happened before today...i.e. plan A if this happens....plan B if that happens, etc.  ..like last year with Boeser....i doubt they could have got all that organized overnight without some sort of pre-planning.

• Upvote 1

There is nothing for Gaudette to prove going back to college unless he wants to try win a championship or just not sign with Vancouver. All indications are he was excited at the thought of turning pro and dawning a Canucks jersey. Sikura will be gone, not sure who else on his team so maybe they wont be as good next year? Just like how Boeser went back after winning the title but they lost some key players and they weren't as good the following year.

Gaudette will likely have a contract signed before end of Canucks game tomorrow. He has known all along at some point when his season ended in College this was a real possibility. The young guy has got to have his mind made up already.

• Upvote 1

If gaudette comes in this season and proves he belongs, even better he deserves top 6 mins I think it’s inevitable that Elias and Adam take the twins spots and there playing there last 7 games, I’m for one watching these final 7 games expecting a fairwell, it’s bittersweet but so thankful jim brought in boeser and Pettersson to makes this stardom or former stardom loss much easier 

but with heavy hearts 

I love Adam Gaudette as a prospect and think he will have a long NHL career but people need to lower their expectations of him. Almost every professional scout and talent advisor thinks he will be a middle six forward not a top line guy and many have gone on record saying he probably wont be able to step right into that spot at the NHL level. Including his coach, who thinks he needs time in the AHL, and Benning who think he may be able to start next season on the fourth line.

Of course though lets expect him to be the next Boeser..

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I love Adam Gaudette as a prospect and think he will have a long NHL career but people need to lower their expectations of him. Almost every professional scout and talent advisor thinks he will be a middle six forward not a top line guy and many have gone on record saying he probably wont be able to step right into that spot at the NHL level. Including his coach, who thinks he needs time in the AHL, and Benning who think he may be able to start next season on the fourth line.

Of course though lets expect him to be the next Boeser..

I said at the beginning of the season if Brock got 10-15 goals, and 20 points I'd be happy. 

He basically more than doubled my expectations, and who knows where he'd be if he didn't injure his back. 

So as long as Gaudette gets 10 to 15 goals, and 20-30 points I'm quite fine with that in his rookie season.

Of course if he scores more....nothing wrong with that either. ::D

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I said at the beginning of the season if Brock got 10-15 goals, and 20 points I'd be happy. 

He basically more than doubled my expectations, and who knows where he'd be if he didn't injure his back. 

So as long as Gaudette gets 10 to 15 goals, and 20-30 points I'm quite fine with that in his rookie season.

Of course if he scores more....nothing wrong with that either. :D

Completely different players though...not many can match Boeser's shot, while Gaudette excels due to his hard work ethic. Not saying he cant play in the NHL next year (I think he's the most likely prospect to) but trying to lower expectations on him considering the type of player he is.

• Upvote 2

Just now, RetroCanuck said:

Completely different players though...not many can match Boeser's shot, while Gaudette excels due to his hard work ethic. Not saying he cant play in the NHL next year (I think he's the most likely prospect to) but trying to lower expectations on him considering the type of player he is.

Talented and gritty? B)

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Talented and gritty? B)

Some talent mixed with a lot of grit and will! Just not the elite shot Boeser has. Like I said, out of all our prospects I expect him to make the big squad next year, just not perform to everyones over the top expectations.

• Upvote 1