Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, DallasDrake said:

Bourdon? My guess is #38.

Tells something of this season when Gaudettes playing number is the most exciting thing. -_-

About time to use #7 for someone who's expected to be an impact player since..... our very own Brendan Morrison!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

About time to use #7 for someone who's expected to be an impact player since..... our very own Brendan Morrison!!

Vey and Booth didn't fair to well with that #. I do like #7 for a forward though. Did Gaudette wear #8 prior to playing College hockey also?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I said at the beginning of the season if Brock got 10-15 goals, and 20 points I'd be happy. 

He basically more than doubled my expectations, and who knows where he'd be if he didn't injure his back. 

So as long as Gaudette gets 10 to 15 goals, and 20-30 points I'm quite fine with that in his rookie season.

Of course if he scores more....nothing wrong with that either. ::D

...considering Sutter has 8 goals 11 assists = 19 pts in 54 games @ $4.3M a year, and LE has 10 goals 13 assists in 50 games....he would be a good deal with 30 pts and 10 goals.  No brainer him making this team considering this team is really bad.

 

Seems criminal for an expansion team to be allowed to take from the bottom 3 teams.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Dowd has that # already though, doubt Canucks would ever force a current player to change their # for a 5th round pick prospect coming out of College

no but they might for a Hobey finalist and top NCAA scorer. And its not like Dowd is going to need it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Linden/Benning said he was coming? Or did they change what they said again?

1 hour ago, Hugor Hill said:

Just to clarify how this terminology works in the US:

 

freshman = 1st year

sophomore = 2nd year

junior = 3rd year

senior = 4th year

 

So Gaudette is a junior, correct?

 

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Just finished his Junior year yup

One more year and he is a FA and can sign with Boston, almost his home town and a cup contender that has their farm team 34 miles away. 20 miles away from home.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

 

here it is and what a year it was!

God damn that kid is fast lol.  He's gonna do wonders on our PP. Hope we place him in Boesers spot for the rest of the year lol.  Kids got filthy hands, dazzling speed and a wicked shot.  

 

If he can keep his swagger at the NHL level... He looks like a top 6 or top 7 forward too me.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I thought Linden/Benning said he was coming? Or did they change what they said again?

 

One more year and he is a FA and can sign with Boston, almost his home town and a cup contender that has their farm team 34 miles away. 20 miles away from home.

 

thats true, and would certainly suck for us. But, the flip side of that is he has said more than once he feels a loyalty to the team that drafted him and he also has more opportunity as a player with us. He's not going to be taking a job from their current C depth or top 6 for that matter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats true, and would certainly suck for us. But, the flip side of that is he has said more than once he feels a loyalty to the team that drafted him and he also has more opportunity as a player with us. He's not going to be taking a job from their current C depth or top 6 for that matter. 

This young guy has more talent then  a lot of Canucks playing now..... He will play on this team for sure on tuesday and  Gaudette will look good....

He will start next year playing centre on 3rd line.... The young man will be better then Kesler....

We need his,  great skill, gritty play, 200 foot game, speed.. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have high hopes for Adam but the NHL is far different than NCAA.  He won't have the time and space he enjoys at the University level.  I just want to be careful not to expect too much to start and be surprised if he excels right away. :)

Edited by dpn1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I think it would be good if he went to Utica if they are in the playoffs. Make up for him losing out with his college.

Is it too late to qualify for the AHL playoffs? If so then bring him up here.

i agree. uttica would be best for him and the team. the only ones it won't sit well with, are the fans who want to see him now. he might give the canucks, a bit of a lift, but what is the point? in utica he is playing for something important. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wildcam said:

This young guy has more talent then  a lot of Canucks playing now..... He will play on this team for sure on tuesday and  Gaudette will look good....

He will start next year playing centre on 3rd line.... The young man will be better then Kesler....

We need his,  great skill, gritty play, 200 foot game, speed.. 

there is a lot of risk for him as well with the idea of 'i'll just wait a year and sign with Boston' - things have to go well again for him in his last year, and he'll have much stiffer competition for top 6 and PP roles. Kids are getting big contracts off just 1 ELC year so with us he'll have far more opportunity than with Boston imo. 

 

But who knows, if thats what he and his family decide today then there isn't much to be done about it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats true, and would certainly suck for us. But, the flip side of that is he has said more than once he feels a loyalty to the team that drafted him and he also has more opportunity as a player with us. He's not going to be taking a job from their current C depth or top 6 for that matter. 

Yes he has stated that about loyalty. But he did turn down a full scholarship to play close to home. Maybe his people try to talk the Nucks into a trade. It would probably be delayed until draft day as it would be bad news now. Then again he might not mind going to Utica, it is closer.

 

At anyway right now he will be emotionally drained. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Yes he has stated that about loyalty. But he did turn down a full scholarship to play close to home. Maybe his people try to talk the Nucks into a trade. It would probably be delayed until draft day as it would be bad news now. Then again he might not mind going to Utica, it is closer.

 

At anyway right now he will be emotionally drained. 

has there ever been an NCAA 'sign and trade'? :lol: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure there will be talk about Gaudette during the Canucks game today. Sikura is in his last year of College and is apparently going to talk and maybe sign with Chicago soon. So should be interesting to see which player signs first, there isn't much to complicate things here. Adam can:

 

1. Sign an NHL deal, get a signing bonus?

2. Go back to school hope to stay healthy, play well and sign wherever he wants

3. Sign an AHL deal and go to Utica

 

To me its a no brainer, you grow up your whole life wanting to be an NHL player, today you have that opportunity...pen to paper dream almost complete...Fly to Van and play in their next home game!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Canuckster86 said:

I am sure there will be talk about Gaudette during the Canucks game today. Sikura is in his last year of College and is apparently going to talk and maybe sign with Chicago soon. So should be interesting to see which player signs first, there isn't much to complicate things here. Adam can:

 

1. Sign an NHL deal, get a signing bonus?

2. Go back to school hope to stay healthy, play well and sign wherever he wants

3. Sign an AHL deal and go to Utica

 

To me its a no brainer, you grow up your whole life wanting to be an NHL player, today you have that opportunity...pen to paper dream almost complete...Fly to Van and play in their next home game!

Don't think you can go back to college hockey once you sign an NHL contract. Or can you?   Not to my knowledge but I'm no professional. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...