The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Love Gaudette’s confidence and competitiveness.

Last year at camp, he made a point of comparing himself to Elias Pettersson and then backing up his comments with a prospects game performance that matched Pettersson’s.

Today, he’s not the least bit shy throwing out Boeser’s name as a comparison and shouldering those lofty expectations.

I don’t necessarily believe Adam will become as high end a player as Pettersson or Boeser. But I love that he seems to really believe he can be. And I would not count him out. He definitely has the potential to be pretty special. I just hope we can all be patient and not get too caught up in hype.

But for today at least, Gaudette himself is driving the hype train and I’m buying a ticket for the ride. :) 

And the jersey too? 

• Upvote 3

So happy this guy gets his moment now and won’t be overshadowed by Petterson, Dahlen, Dahlin (fingers crossed) right away. Our team is much fiestier now than it was pre-trade deadline with Leipsic, Archi, Motte, and Gaudette.

Adam is a part of our future core; always fun to see somebody like that finally get their career underway.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, SpennyCanuck said:

Lets remember where this kid started, really happy for him and his family. 

Getting drafted, when you are not a consensus first round pick, is unreal.   Sharing it with friends and family is one of the best feelings in the entire world.    

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

19 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Why is it a tough sell?   Canucks are respected organization and you have such a beautiful city/region to live in.   Further, the depth on the team is perfect for a young player wanting to actually get a taste of the NHL and have a shot a roster spot in a season or three versus getting buried on a depth chart.    

Good point.  Remember Drouin's "opportunity" in Tampa Bay?  Compared to Boeser's, e.g.? 

• Hydration 2